Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What kind of lists are we all running?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Plague _Lord

Plague _Lord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 194 posts
  • Faction: CSM
While probably not uber competitive I am quite comfortable with this list and think I could even win a game here or there at local tournaments. 2 cp just to include a rune priest is tough but I find it hard to fathom a space wolf list without one.
The assault intercessors are my distraction carnifex - aided by the rune priest (so hopefully in cover even out in the open) and wolf priest they dish out a tonne of attacks, have a huge footprint and assuming they get to turn 3 unmolested and I manage to achieve my sagas they can potentially churn out 61 attacks with ap-2, rerolling 1's to wound with +1 to hit on the charge with additional +1 to wound and to dmg against monsters and vechicles. My plan is to thrust them down my oppomemt throat dead centre while my regular intercessors and bikers grab objectives - so either way I grab the middle of the board and force my opponent to commit or get burned later in the game. This also allows me to get wulfen and eradicators on the flanks.

The list :

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [95 PL, 7CP, 1,894pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment CP

Gametype: Matched

+ Stratagems +

Trophies of Fenris [-3CP]: Trophies of Fenris - 2 Extra Relics

+ HQ +

Bjorn the Fell-handed [12 PL, 1CP, 210pts]: Heavy flamer, Twin lascannon

Primaris Wolf Priest [6 PL, -1CP, 85pts]: 6. Canticle of Hate, Saga of the Wolfkin, Stratagem: Hero of The Chapter, Tale of the Wolf King and the Lord of the Deeps, The Wulfen Stone

Wolf Guard Battle Leader [5 PL, 105pts]: Jump Pack, Power axe, Saga of the Beastslayer, Storm shield, Warlord, Wyrmsplitter

+ Troops +

Assault Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 190pts]
. 9x Assault Intercessor: 9x Astartes Chainsword, 9x Frag & Krak grenades, 9x Heavy Bolt Pistol
. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Heavy Bolt Pistol

Intercessor Squad [10 PL, -2CP, 219pts]: Auto Bolt Rifle, 2x Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Veteran Intercessors
. 9x Intercessor: 9x Bolt pistol, 9x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Pack Leader: Thunder hammer

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 102pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Stalker Bolt Rifle
. 4x Intercessor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades
. Intercessor Pack Leader: Chainsword

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 115pts]: Bolt rifle

+ Elites +

Aggressors [6 PL, 135pts]: 2x Aggressor, Aggressor Pack Leader
. Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Primaris Ancient [5 PL, 80pts]

Wulfen [11 PL, 188pts]
. 2x Thunder hammer & Stormshield: 2x Storm Shield, 2x Thunder Hammer
. 4x Wulfen
. 2x Wulfen claws
. Wulfen Pack Leader: Frost claws

+ Fast Attack +

Outrider Squad [6 PL, 135pts]: Outrider Sgt
. 2x Outrider: 2x Astartes Chainsword, 2x Frag & Krak grenades, 2x Heavy Bolt Pistol, 2x Twin Bolt rifle

+ Heavy Support +

Eliminator Squad [4 PL, 90pts]
. Eliminator Sergeant: Bolt sniper rifle, Camo cloak
. Eliminator w/ Bolt sniper rifle: Camo cloak
. Eliminator w/ Bolt sniper rifle: Camo cloak

Eradicator Squad [5 PL, 120pts]: Eradicator Sgt
. 2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Melta rifle

Eradicator Squad [5 PL, 120pts]: Eradicator Sgt
. 2x Eradicator: 2x Bolt pistol, 2x Melta rifle

++ Auxiliary Support Detachment -2CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [7 PL, -2CP, 100pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Detachment CP [-2CP]

+ HQ +

Primaris Rune Priest [7 PL, 100pts]: 2. Tempest's Wrath, 5. Storm Caller, Psychic hood, Runic Armor

++ Total: [102 PL, 5CP, 1,994pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Armies:

40k: Deathguard, Steel Legion, Word Bearers, Space wolves, Necrons

WFB: Night goblins, Empire, Dark Elves

Jorin Helm-splitter

Jorin Helm-splitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 876 posts
Why not run a patrol detachment for the priest because you have 4 troops? Cp is cost is the same so it isn't a big deal all, but it adds some flexibility if you decide you want 4 heavies for example.

Wolf_Lord_Kraigen

Wolf_Lord_Kraigen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 100 posts

This is the first draft of a list I have put together - admittedly at least in part because over lockdown I've painted 2 Repulsors and the Assault Intercessors, and want to try them out.

The theory is that Ragnar, the Assault Intercessors and two packs of normal Intercessors jump in the Repulsors and aim to dominate the midfield, with the Wolf Priest running up in support. Long Fangs, Redemptor and the third squad of Intercessors cover the closest objectives and the Terminators drop in wherever needed, preferably within range of Ragnar and the Priest to do the most damage.

Unfortunately I haven't played a game with it yet (my local club restarts in September) but I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do.

++ Battalion Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [102 PL, 11CP, 1,995pts] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [12CP]: 3. Strike Force (101-200 Total PL / 1001-2000 Points)

Detachment CP

Gametype: Matched

Use Beta Rules

+ HQ +

Ragnar Blackmane [6 PL, 125pts]: Warlord

Wolf Priest [6 PL, -1CP, 110pts]: 6. Canticle of Hate, Jump Pack, Mountain-Breaker Helm, Plasma pistol, Saga of the Wolfkin, Stratagem: Hero of The Chapter, Tale of the Wolf King and the Lord of the Deeps

+ Troops +

Assault Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 171pts]
. 8x Assault Intercessor: 8x Astartes Chainsword, 8x Frag & Krak grenades, 8x Heavy Bolt Pistol
. Assault Intercessor Sgt: Heavy Bolt Pistol

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 110pts]: Bolt rifle
. Intercessor Pack Leader: Power fist

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 110pts]: Bolt rifle
. Intercessor Pack Leader: Power fist

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 115pts]: Bolt rifle

+ Elites +

Redemptor Dreadnought [10 PL, 181pts]: 2x Storm Bolters, Macro Plasma Incinerator, Onslaught Gatling Cannon

Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour [13 PL, 211pts]
. Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour: Storm shield, Thunder hammer
. Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour with Heavy Weapon: Assault cannon, Wolf claw
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader in Terminator Armour: Storm shield, Thunder hammer
+ Heavy Support +
Long Fangs [10 PL, 159pts]
. Long Fang: Missile launcher
. Long Fang Pack Leader: Chainsword
. . Boltgun and Bolt Pistol
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader: Bolt pistol, Chainsword

+ Dedicated Transport +

Repulsor [16 PL, 354pts]: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, 2x Storm Bolters, 2x Krakstrom Grenade Launcher, Las-talon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Storm bolter, Twin lascannon

Repulsor [16 PL, 349pts]: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, 2x Storm Bolters, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, 2x Krakstrom Grenade Launcher, Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Storm bolter, Twin lascannon

++ Total: [102 PL, 11CP, 1,995pts] ++

Interested to see how this plays. I've got a repulsor executioner I've never used due to the ridiculous point cost vs lack of invuln save. The new strategic reserves might actually mean that it'll now see use in turn 2 if I can bring it in from a table edge.

Edited by Wolf_Lord_Kraigen, 04 August 2020 - 02:36 PM.

Shameless plug for you to check out my channel - 2d6 40k news
https://www.youtube....7QfyFt6rCWizTWA

FOR RUSS AND THE ALL FATHER, AND MJOD!

Vassakov

Vassakov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,052 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

@Wolf_Lord_Kraigen - I'll certainly report back. Not as much of a fan of the Executioner in Wolves as I'm using the Repulsor as a Transport with teeth and I think the fact that the Executioner has such a limited transport capacity just makes it a really expensive battletank.

The new Gladiator might be a better option, especially as one of the weapons seems to be a Laser Destroyer of some kind.

• Valerian likes this
The darks greatest gift is the light itself: as days are defined by the nights that divide them, as stars are defined by the infinite dark through which they wheel, the dark embraces the light, and brings forth from the center of itself. With each victory of the light, it is the dark that wins.

The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.

Wolf_Lord_Kraigen

Wolf_Lord_Kraigen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 100 posts

@Wolf_Lord_Kraigen - I'll certainly report back. Not as much of a fan of the Executioner in Wolves as I'm using the Repulsor as a Transport with teeth and I think the fact that the Executioner has such a limited transport capacity just makes it a really expensive battletank.

The new Gladiator might be a better option, especially as one of the weapons seems to be a Laser Destroyer of some kind.

I think you're right about the gladiator. Imo a repulsor executioner really needs a 5++ to be useful, or the degrading statline removed. It's a hefty chunk of points for something that is going to die in one turn.

My plan is to drop it in from a table edge turn 2 and desolate as much infantry and light armour as possible. Hopefully my impulsors will have my intercessors in position by then; they can tie up any vehicles and protect my Executioner from as much shooting as possible.

Meanwhile my executioner mops up everything it can.

Gonna test it this thursday; if it works then it will be next on the painting table

Edited by Wolf_Lord_Kraigen, 04 August 2020 - 04:30 PM.

• TiguriusX likes this

Debauchery101

Debauchery101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,119 posts
I made this list to use some stuff I haven't in a while and I played vs death guard who had 60 pox walkers and a bunch of really nasty melee deathguard. He had no demon princes but had typhus and 2 plague casters. He had 3 drones with mowers and a crawler. I liked this list because as he just shambled his way forward I easily maneuvered to shoot him up before charges. I will say that clever use of the blightspawn and mower drones was nasty. I never had anyone use the mowers. He easily murdered ragnar with that combo. I had no clue each one of those has 9 str 8 ap-2 dmg 2 attacks lol

Battalion
Bjorn-las cannons
Ragnar
Indomitus Lt

Murderfang
Judicar
Blade guard veterans
2 wulfen dreads- claw/shield/hvy flamer/storm bolter

2x6 grey hunters- WG-storm bolter/hammer, flamer
1x5 Intercessors-autobolters, hammer

2xStormfang gunships-skyhammer missiles. Stormstrike missiles

2xImpulsors-shield domes

Edited by Debauchery101, 04 August 2020 - 08:04 PM.

• TiguriusX likes this
The Pleasure God's Chosen

Emperor's Children (RIP) 2500 pts
Death Guard 3500 pts
Iron Warriors 3000 pts
Enslaved Traitor Guardsmen 1500 pts
Daemons 4000 pts
Salamanders 3000 pts
Necrons 2000 pts

jay170788

jay170788

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 137 posts

I think you're right about the gladiator. Imo a repulsor executioner really needs a 5++ to be useful, or the degrading statline removed. It's a hefty chunk of points for something that is going to die in one turn.

My plan is to drop it in from a table edge turn 2 and desolate as much infantry and light armour as possible. Hopefully my impulsors will have my intercessors in position by then; they can tie up any vehicles and protect my Executioner from as much shooting as possible.

Gonna test it this thursday; if it works then it will be next on the painting table

Isn't the only table edge you can bring it on from Turn 2 your own table edge? that is very limiting. May even be worth waiting until Turn 3 when you can outflank it. Will be risky leaving it off the board so long but will make a bang when it comes on at that stage for sure.

Veritas Vos Liberabit

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,917 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves and Grey Knights
You can outflank from a side table edge Turn 2, just not into your opponent’s deployment zone. That can be done Turn 3, though.

jay170788

jay170788

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 137 posts

Oh right, not sure where I had the thought it was only your table edge turn 2. Serves me right commenting while at work without my book in front of me.

Veritas Vos Liberabit

Wolf_Lord_Kraigen

Wolf_Lord_Kraigen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 100 posts

Isn't the only table edge you can bring it on from Turn 2 your own table edge? that is very limiting. May even be worth waiting until Turn 3 when you can outflank it. Will be risky leaving it off the board so long but will make a bang when it comes on at that stage for sure.
I actually tried it tonight vs my friends dark eldar army.

I'll be honest; it is returning to the box of shame for now. It's definitely more of an anti infantry vehicle than an anti-tank vehicle, don't be fooled by the main cannon.

It didn't really perform as I expected; and all of his infantry were engaged elsewhere so I was dropping all my dakka into jetbikes, a big T6 unit that had a 4++ invuln and those dark eldar skimmer looking transports. It was a nice change but it's very situational IMO.

I did learn that I need a squad of incursors though so they're my current painting project I plan to finish next week. All 3 of my intercessor packs have a Thunderhammer and go up the board in Impulsors; I need a squad of chaff to plant on an objective and hold it, I was using fenrisian wolves for it but Incursors will be better. Eliminators were my original thought but you cannot always guarantee objectives will be inside terrain.

Edited by Wolf_Lord_Kraigen, 06 August 2020 - 08:42 PM.

Valerian

Valerian

++ EQUITES ALATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,917 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves and Grey Knights
Kraigen, in fact, in 9e, objectives cannot be placed in terrain at all, although you can plop terrain right in front of an objective, and get the same effect.

You’re supposed to put objectives down first, and then alternate placement of terrain, and you can’t place any on an objective.
  • TiguriusX likes this

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,636 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Kraigen, in fact, in 9e, objectives cannot be placed in terrain at all, although you can plop terrain right in front of an objective, and get the same effect.

You’re supposed to put objectives down first, and then alternate placement of terrain, and you can’t place any on an objective.

The objective itself may be visible but your unit can be up to 3" away horizontally and 5" vertically

Usually that is enough to tuck behind terrain on a few table objectives

I use infiltrators as my troops and place high value on objectives like that

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side.  I started with Vassal40K and currently enjoy TTS40K

Inglorious Drunkard Champion-Night 3 (2012)

ETL first time participant-2018

ETL-2019

gallery_48988_15465_42927.png

Wolf_Lord_Kraigen

Wolf_Lord_Kraigen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 100 posts

We just plopped terrain down the put objectives down according to the mission... oops

The objective itself may be visible but your unit can be up to 3" away horizontally and 5" vertically

Usually that is enough to tuck behind terrain on a few table objectives

I use infiltrators as my troops and place high value on objectives like that
I'll stick a squad of incursors near an objective I think and keep my other 3 intercessor with thunderhammer sergeant squads in impulsors to bring the pain.

Edited by Wolf_Lord_Kraigen, 06 August 2020 - 11:07 PM.

Raktra

Raktra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,963 posts
  • Faction: Berserkers of Uran
I’ve got 1k just about ready now, it’s mainly been a themed project with funky modelling, so there’s no real tactic outside of punching people in the nose:

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [63 PL, 1,001pts, 6CP] ++

+ Configuration +

Battle Size [6CP]: 2. Incursion (51-100 Total PL / 501-1000 Points)

Detachment CP

+ HQ +

Wolf Guard Battle Leader [4 PL, 75pts]: Chainsword, Power fist

Wolf Lord in Terminator Armor [7 PL, 115pts]: Chainfist, Combi-flamer, Saga of the Wolfkin, Warlord

+ Troops +

Grey Hunters [10 PL, 177pts]: 8x Chainsword, Wolf Standard
. Grey Hunter Pack Leader: Power sword
. 8x Grey Hunter w/Bolt Pistol: 8x Bolt pistol, 8x Boltgun, 8x Frag & Krak grenades
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader: Bolt pistol, Frost sword

Grey Hunters [10 PL, 177pts]: 8x Chainsword, Wolf Standard
. Grey Hunter Pack Leader: Power sword
. 8x Grey Hunter w/Bolt Pistol: 8x Bolt pistol, 8x Boltgun, 8x Frag & Krak grenades
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader: Bolt pistol, Frost sword

+ Elites +

Relic Contemptor Dreadnought [13 PL, 165pts]
. Dreadnought melee weapon: Dreadnought combat weapon, Heavy flamer
. Dreadnought melee weapon: Dreadnought combat weapon, Heavy flamer

Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour [13 PL, 212pts]
. Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour: Combi-melta, Power fist
. Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour: Chainfist, Combi-melta
. Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour: Wolf Claw (Pair)
. Wolf Guard in Terminator Armour with Heavy Weapon: Heavy flamer, Wolf claw
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader in Terminator Armour: Combi-melta, Thunder hammer

+ Dedicated Transport +

Lucius Pattern Dreadnought Drop Pod [6 PL, 80pts]

++ Total: [63 PL, 6CP, 1,001pts] ++

Okay I’m one point over but shhhhh.
  • TiguriusX likes this

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,724 posts
With the points increases, I am really struggling to fit what I want into 1500 points these days. sad.png I suppose the consolation is that everyone else is in the same boat.

1500 points has been the standard size at my LGS throughout 8th. Maybe it will increase in 9th but at the moment that is what I am working with. My classic combo of Bjorn, Njal and an Iron Priest is starting to look pricey.
  • TiguriusX likes this
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

CaptainStabby

CaptainStabby

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 575 posts
  • Faction: The Rout

My standing 2k list for Wolves has actually changed very little content wise. I lost the Assassin and Greyfax due to simple points rebalance, which is fine.

The thing where I believe Im going to struggle is I lose 4cp to get all my characters in that I had, so thats going to be interesting. Also not convinced yet that I need the FenWolf blobs and I may be able to put something more useful in with those points.

My list also still currently leans pretty heavily on firstborn and legends stuff because, well I spent a lot of time building that. Primaris will get build and swapped in and out in blocks as I find what I like.

• svane jotunsbane and TiguriusX like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users