Place for Centurions in 9th

mega_marines

So I’d really like to play with Centurions, but I’m struggling to get comments on their effectiveness. I often just see “ehhhhh” and that’s about it.

I am genuinely not sure if the ultra thematic Heavy Bolters/Hurricane Bolters will be useful with all the anti-horde we already have. Do people genuinely like Lascannons/Missile Launchers on them?

I’m planning on buying six of them, and I’d rather have them all with the same loadout. I’m hard pressed not to give them the heaviest anti-tank weapons possible but I’m deeply interested in what everyone else has to say.

Any help would be great.

The main thing about them was that by using seismic devastation they were great at both AT and dealing with infantry. 

With the strat gone (from tournament play but we all know that'll slowly warp into meaning from everywhere) you are left with a unit that has to specialize heavily and has been nerfed with their points skyrocketing. 

The only small bonus they gained is that stuff will actually move closer to them most of the time (smaller board and secondary missions) making the low movement even less of a concern.But at the same time,being able to move up the table to reach those same objectives has become a premium for "anvil" units...And they seriously lack there

Honestly don't see much of a space for them currently. 

-the HB version has to compare with aggressors and their ungodly amount of shots (more than before now that they have blast on the fragstorm so the randomness is lessened) to deal with infantry

-the laser version is even worse.For example,a price comparison with a relic contemptor is,currently,very unkind to las centurions.And well,eradicators exist...

-the only ones that "might" have a use are the grav ones since they have a kind of niche of their own*.That being dealing with units like terminators.But all depends if the meta will really move to...well,terminator and equivalents... as units used to take and hold objectives as it seems right now. 

more or less,obviously there is other stuff that does the same,from hellblasters to plasinceptors to plasma vets but those units have problems of their own

Edited by Fenriwolf