Lore Check

The lives of the Saints- looking for details.

I'm almost ready to write the first background posts for the Chronicle of Saint Katherine's Aegis, but there are some things I'm trying to get right and information is scarce and vague.

Here's what I think I know of Saint Katherine, as well as some of the questions I've not been able to answer:

- Daughter/ Bride of the Emperor (Born on San Leor? Friends with the other Saints prior to Vandire's arrival?)

- present at the execution of Goge Vandire

- shield-bearer for Alicia Domenica; carried the Praesidium Protectiva into battle

- Order of the Fiery Heart founded in her name during her lifetime

- Made a Living Saint (Before or after the Order's founding?)

- Visited Sanctus Lys to bury the Armour of Saint Katherine + the Ardent Blade (But NOT the Praesidium Protectiva?)

- Killed by the Witch Cult of Mnestteus

- How soon after her visit to Sanctus Lys?

- Does this imply she knew her death was eminent?

- By vision or intelligence? Did she barter her life for the greater good (would explain how she knew it was coming)

- Did she die in battle or was it murder? Was she tortured?

- Where did this happen (Segmentum, Sector, Planet) and when?

- Who are the Witch Cult of Mnestteus?

- Named for planet?

- Chaos affiliated? If so, which diety(s)?

- "Witch" implies human psykers; Cult would have many. Tzeentch?

- Order renamed Order of Our Martyred Lady upon her death

- Katherine's Armour and Ardent Blade subsequently discovered by Celestine (But again, NOT the Praesidium Protectiva?)

- Praesidum Protectiva subsequently discovered (it IS a part of the Triumph)

- By whom and when?

Does anyone know where I can find a PDF of the Liber Sororitas (WD US 292)?

I've checked the dexes from 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 8th, and tried to find things online, but as you can see, still a lot of questions.

I'm trying to build a case for Katherine being in Segmentum Pacificus- specifically the sector which only became accessible after the Cicatrix Maledictum. The idea is that during Katherine's lifetime, there was a relay station that marked a stable conduit to the Desdaemona System- one small system of planets within the occluded region.

The idea is that Katherine personally liberated the Desdaemona system from the Plague of Unbelief (2nd Ed dex). By controlling the relay station, Bucharis' army was able to dominate and enslave the entire system. Katherine's fleet liberated the station and used it to get to the Desdaemona system and destroy the tyrants who maintained local control. At the end of the Crusade that liberated the three inhabited planets of the system.

The first planet rescued was the lightly guarded agriworld of Orison's Wake; to celebrate their liberation, the citizens began construction of the Chapel of Saint Katherine's Aegis, while the fleet flew on to liberate the other two planets. By the time the Crusade achieved total victory within the sector, the chapel was complete, and Katherine, already a Living Saint and founder of the Fiery Heart, presided over the consecration.

But Katherine was troubled; she knew that back in the larger segmentum, the Plague of Unbelief still raged on, and reports from the relay station were grim. Fearing the worst, she vowed that Alicia Domenica's shield would one day find its way back to her hand. Katherine reasoned that she would need both her Artificer Armour and the Ardent Blade in the battles to come, and that unlike Domenica's shield, they were her artifacts alone. The Praesidium was hidden beneath the Altar in secrecy.

When the fleet jumped back to the relay station, it was already under attack, and Saint Katherine's fleet after Liberating the Desdaemona system was depleted and out gunned; they were barely able to escape, and the station was lost. With the demise of the station, Imperial forces could never find their way back to the warp corridor, and Bucharis decided to return to the larger battle and leave the Daesdaemona system to five millenia of isolation from the Imperium.

It seems to work out- the fluff never established the date that the first Triumph was gathered, but because the model is new to the Era Indomitus, I figure the Triumph that forms in our campaign will be the first, and it will happen in the early years of Indomitus. 

Anyway, if anyone has any answers to those questions, ideas about where I might find those answers or any feedback on this brief skeletal outline of the fluff, I could use the groupthink. Thanks!