Blightlord Terminators

Given that 9th edition values durability and staying power over destroying enemy units, blightlord terminators seem like an attractive choice.  I have ten of them kitted out with combi-bolters, 2 flails, and 2 blight launchers.  What are your opinions on how to build an army around this unit?  It is nearly a quarter of the list so it has to be the central focus.  My initial thoughts are to include them in a battalion with some PBCs, poxwalkers, and some support characters.  My local group is values competition over fluff so I am not opposed to including some elements from other books.  TSons look attractive for the psychic power they bring to the table.  Any thoughts?

I love blightlords, they are hard to remove and can force a opponent to giving up an objective or refocus his army to deal with them. I always go with nurgles holy number of 7, with a blight launcher and flail and the champion to take a combi-plasma.

With them only going up by 2 pts they are considered a "winner" in 9th increase in model costs. So overall I think they are a good choice, but I would need more games under my belt to give any competitive advice.

If you want to make them a focus of your list, I would say keep them in 2 seperated groups, 5 each, and take Ferrymen or mortarions anvil to boost them. I also take a LoC with them to give them those extra benefits.

I love blightlords, they are hard to remove and can force a opponent to giving up an objective or refocus his army to deal with them. I always go with nurgles holy number of 7, with a blight launcher and flail and the champion to take a combi-plasma.

With them only going up by 2 pts they are considered a "winner" in 9th increase in model costs. So overall I think they are a good choice, but I would need more games under my belt to give any competitive advice.

If you want to make them a focus of your list, I would say keep them in 2 seperated groups, 5 each, and take Ferrymen or mortarions anvil to boost them. I also take a LoC with them to give them those extra benefits.

I fully intend to give a LoC the Strat for rerolling 1s and to have them teleport in and pound stuff

Having watched a few battle reports it seems that scoring is key in this eddition and that the smaller board size makes it quite hard to get into the backfield. This makes me think of starting blighlords on the board. Sure they are slow but with the new swathe of cp's we have we can be giving them rapid fire 3 from the get go. That's a lot of anti-infantry firepower that helps us clear opponents scorers early on and make space in the midfield.

What do you think?

Having watched a few battle reports it seems that scoring is key in this eddition and that the smaller board size makes it quite hard to get into the backfield. This makes me think of starting blighlords on the board. Sure they are slow but with the new swathe of cp's we have we can be giving them rapid fire 3 from the get go. That's a lot of anti-infantry firepower that helps us clear opponents scorers early on and make space in the midfield.

What do you think?

I think it might be good. Start them on the board behind crawlers, cloud of flies, warptime, get to the middle and hold. Be sure to have a FBS nearby so if they get charged they fight first

Edited by Zombs

I think I might give this a shot. A rough list would be:

LOC

Daemon Prince

2 squads of PMs

1 big blob of poxwalkers

Foul Blightspawn

10 Blightlords

3 PBCs

Chaos Marine Patrol

Sorcerer

5 Chaos marines

Rhino

The scheme is to rush the midtable and try to outlast my opponent.

Edited by wulfgar hammerfist

Blightlords are already good but this would make them amazing. I hope their points wont go up too much though.

Deathshroud will be great in a morty list just to tank more for him. I've had Deathshroud take out 6 man grotesque squads and other deathstars in 8th but the problem was that they really couldn't stand up to return hits/shooting. I think a DS squad is good - their small footprint let's them find small deployment places in the enemy backfield.

They have already been reduced in the new power levels released by GW

They are about 2 or 3 powerlevel cheaper

Yeah but are power levels always linked with points for matched play? I thought power level =/= points.

Every 20 points is 1 power rating, and the points are based on an average of their possible loadouts rounding up (this is how it was explained to me and the math adds up on everything I've cared to check).

As other have echoed, if our blightlords are going 3w, they are going to be a must take imo. They are going to be extremely difficult to wound with our innate toughness. For my 7 blightlords, they effectively have the same as ~45 tactical marine wounds if I did the math right. That is just insane, and really solidifies my opinion on them if they do get 3 wounds.