Anyways, I've been working on my terrain a little each year whenever I get sick and this year I finally finished the last of my terrain to complete my Inquisitorial Fortress!
This pleases me as I love a table full of nice terrain and it means me and a buddy can play a big game scenario I've been working on.
Instead of a standard deployment, I wanted a game where the players are jumping in at the climactic part of the battle; the battle has been raging, lines are breaking or have broken.
So the defender sets up their army anywhere on the board. Then the attacker sets up anywhere on the board no closer than 6" to a defender's unit.
Considering alternating deployment as an alternative.
From the second turn onwards, players score 1VP for each objective they control at the start of their Command Phase.
Each objective has a benefit bonus that can be used throughout the battle. A player may gain this benefit if they have the following:
• Control the Objective
• Have an INFANTRY HQ or Elite unit within 3" of the Objective Perform An Action on the Objective during the players Command Phase.
• Benefit: controlling player army may reroll failed Ld and Attrition. Attrition reroll must be all or nothing. Additionally, opposing army suffers -1 to Ld tests.
• Benefit: controlling player may fire all base turrets and defensive weapons. These are resolved at BS5+
• Benefit: controlling player may fire fortress weapons. These are resolved at BS5+. Additionally, whenever the opponent uses a stratagem, roll a d6. On a 5+ the controlling player gains 1CP. Only 1CP may be gain this way each turn.
• Benefit: controlling player may bring reinforcements directly onto the landing pad during the reinforcement step of their movement phase. Reinforcements brought on this way may be deployed within 9" of enemy units, up to 1".
• Benefit: controlling player may activate or deactivate base fortification void shielding. If activated, intact Buildings gain a 5+ invulnerable save. Units on building battlements also benefit from the 5+ invulnerable save.
• Benefit: controlling player may secure or release the Detainment Facility. If released, during the reinforcements step of their movement phase, the Attacker may place one INFANTRY Troop unit that has been destroyed onto the battlefield wholly within 3" of the Detainment Facility as if disembarking from a transport.
• Benefit: once per turn, the controlling player may lower the cost of a stratagem they use by 1CP to a minimum of 1CP.
Edited by Atrus, 03 August 2020 - 12:33 PM.