Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Firestrike Servo-Turrents and Invader ATV Squad rules leaks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
184 replies to this topic

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
I can't share a link, unfortunately. It's on my Facebook and I'm just on my phone at the moment.

-~Ishagu~-

RWJP

RWJP

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 487 posts
  • Faction: Storm Watch

3. Pictures of weapons are immensely more valuable than text for new players. Deciphering 40k's weapon name gumbo is a daunting task.

I moderate the Warhammer 40k subreddit and couldn't agree more with this. We regularly see posts from new players asking what weapon is what in a certain kit. While it's easy enough for those of us who have been around for a long time to identify something based on GW's design cues, it's not so easy for newbies. 

• Redrandy93, Black Blow Fly, Jack of the Pelt and 1 other like this

Current Forces:

The Storm Watch - WIP Custom Space Marine Chapter

1st Atrian Rifles - WIP Astra Militarum Regiment

Ultramarines - Warhammer Conquest Subscription

Death Guard - Warhammer Conquest Subscription

jaxom

jaxom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,892 posts

3. Pictures of weapons are immensely more valuable than text for new players. Deciphering 40k's weapon name gumbo is a daunting task.

I moderate the Warhammer 40k subreddit and couldn't agree more with this. We regularly see posts from new players asking what weapon is what in a certain kit. While it's easy enough for those of us who have been around for a long time to identify something based on GW's design cues, it's not so easy for newbies. 

For so long I did't know which is the slab shield and which is the suppression shield for Bullgryns.

gallery_48988_15094_2398.png sml_gallery_48988_11572_4589.png

Past Event Banners

Spoiler

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

I can't share a link, unfortunately. It's on my Facebook and I'm just on my phone at the moment.

No worries, I'll at least add the deets.

Minsc

Minsc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 706 posts

Here you go:

117006156_736856543772780_16838838921651

*Multimelta is Heavy 2.

*Onslaught GC is Heavy 8.
*Melta-rule for Multimelta (and presumably all Melta-weaponry) has changed. Instead of rolling 2 D6 and pick highest it's now a blanket +2 Damage within half range.

Edited by Minsc, 04 August 2020 - 03:18 PM.

• Black Blow Fly, Lexington, Noserenda and 4 others like this

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts
I can say that the buggy has:

14" move, 3+ BS & WS, T5, 8 wounds, 4 attacks, 3+
Power level 4

1-3 per squad

The turret has 5 wounds, 5 toughness, BS2+

Again, 1-3 per squad

Edit : ha, never mind

Edited by Ishagu, 04 August 2020 - 03:17 PM.

-~Ishagu~-

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,132 posts

Multimelta is d6+2 damage instead of 2d6 pick the highest in melta range? Interesting..

• Triszin, Drudge Dreadnought, Volt and 1 other like this

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 845 posts
The turret is not stationary!?

+Edit: Oh wait, that’s the Techmarine gun platform? For a moment I thought it was the new drop turret...

Edited by Spinsanity, 04 August 2020 - 03:22 PM.

• Juggernut likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

Multimelta is d6+2 damage instead of 2d6 pick the highest in melta range? Interesting..

Way more consistent, way better
  • Arbedark likes this
banana

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,576 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

What sort of publication are these datasheets from? I assumed would show up somewhere in the interim before the new codex, but didn't know where.

• BlueBelly1863 likes this

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,132 posts

The salamander in me is liking all these multimelta buffs. At least now meltas actually feel scary despite being only S8. Weird that the accelerator autocannon lost a point of AP though (even though it's still a net win with the extra shots).

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 845 posts

What sort of publication are these datasheets from? I assumed would show up somewhere in the interim before the new codex, but didn't know where.

These look like they’re from the assembly guides that come in the boxes...

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,251 posts
Well MM seem to be a hell of a lot better now. Depending on price, box dread out of a Lucius drop pod, which can deploy just outside of 9” (well within the the 12” half range are going to be brutal. Ad Salamanders super doctrine, they’re gonna be so much fun. Heavy flamer for auto hitting enemy’s that start from within 8”via over watch, also using Sallies super doctrine, not a bad unit.

Edit: Really, really hope that the HB’s number of shots is a typo, or it’s the new heavy bolt rifle, or else it’s gonna suck :cuss.

Edited by Captain Smashy Pants, 04 August 2020 - 03:30 PM.

gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,798 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
So why was there no faq for melta weapons if this is the new direction? Marines aren't the only army to use them.

The start of a new edition is when you do sweeping rules changes. Not trickle out and wait for your release while marines are on their third iteration of the system.
  • MaulerUK, Brother Cristopher, Wraith776 and 3 others like this

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts
Onslaught change tracks when the points updates to be quite honest. I do expect the heavy version to remain 12 as it just kinda lines up perfectly with the suspected Heavy Bolter profile and points update.

The multi-melta update is fantastic. Really gives that weapon a new lease on life. Goes from average damage of 2d6 pick highest is 4.47 iirc. This boosts it to 5.5, a 23% increase in average damage at half range.

Plus it rocks double the shots, so...super nasty. Going to really have I start thinking about multi-melta as an option now.

So why was there no faq for melta weapons if this is the new direction? Marines aren't the only army to use them.

The start of a new edition is when you do sweeping rules changes. Not trickle out and wait for your release while marines are on their third iteration of the system.

Keep in mind that these are leaks of units that haven't been released yet.

Furthermore, they seem to be kind of in a holding pattern regarding weapon profile updates. After all, the melta rifles on the Eradicators have a slightly different rule than the current melta rules. Not to mention storm shields and plasma pistol changes from Indomitus as well.

Edited by Lemondish, 04 August 2020 - 03:33 PM.

• Valerian likes this

PiñaColada

PiñaColada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,132 posts

I'm guessing they'll be FAQed to have the updated statline for all factions when Marines get their new codex (similar to how the thermal cannon was updated in the admech 'dex and immediately FAQed for IK as well)

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,610 posts

This is what a codex is for.
  • Black Blow Fly likes this

-~Ishagu~-

Cruor Vault

Cruor Vault

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 420 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines/Tau

I think this is the rules pamphlet from an as yet unannounced battle box along the lines of Tooth and Claw, Wake the Dead or Prophecy of the Wolf.

The Firestrike Servo Turret and the Invader ATV are not sequential in the listed table of contents for the new codex (seen in the preview).  Stands to reason the only place that both datasheets would appear on the same page is from a new battle box.

• Noserenda, MaulerUK, Wraith776 and 6 others like this

"You're a brave man robot...  But when I'm in charge, every mission is a suicide mission!"

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts
You'd think this melta update would have applied to Eradicators if the plan was for it to expand the melta rules for all weapons.

Maybe the new special rule is only for the multi-melta?

I think this is the rules pamphlet from an as yet unannounced battle box along the lines of Tooth and Claw, Wake the Dead or Prophecy of the Wolf.

The Firestrike Servo Turret and the Invader ATV are not sequential in the listed table of contents for the new codex (seen in the preview). Stands to reason the only place that both datasheets would appear on the same page is from a new battle box.

Neither has Angels of Death. That's interesting.

Edited by Lemondish, 04 August 2020 - 03:36 PM.

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,576 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

I meant the firestrike and atv. Why would the firestrike and atv datasheets be on the same page in an assembly guide? Unless they come packaged together in a box somehow.
  • Doctor Perils likes this

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 845 posts

I meant the firestrike and atv. Why would the firestrike and atv datasheets be on the same page in an assembly guide? Unless they come packaged together in a box somehow.
Oh, you’re right. I hadn’t even noticed they were on a single page, what with the other recent pictures that seemed to come up as cropped shots one after the other, I just automatically saw the same thing here...

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

Perhaps some kind of Indomitus expansion of sorts? Neither of them have Angels of Death on the data sheet, so that is something.

Though I guess it tracks with the codex info we could read from the preview video regarding detachment rules.

ruralguardhipcat

ruralguardhipcat

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 112 posts
When the Indomitus news was first leaking, there was a points leak that referenced the 'Indomitus Set' and included the Firestrike Turret, the Invader ATV and Chaplain on Bike. Speculating here, but is there a Indomitus expansion coming with these new units?
  • Cruor Vault, Doctor Perils and MrSpoon like this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,965 posts

invader and firestrike leak looks to be from the codex.. so we may well get the storm speeder hellstrike and heavy intercessors leaked really soon

• Karhedron likes this
banana

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,544 posts

invader and firestrike leak looks to be from the codex.. so we may well get the storm speeder hellstrike and heavy intercessors leaked really soon

I'm not sure this would be from the codex. These aren't exactly units you find right next to each other in the ToC.
  • Cruor Vault likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users