Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Firestrike Servo-Turrents and Invader ATV Squad rules leaks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
184 replies to this topic

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,037 posts

3 weeks and I reckon we'll have these, the destroyers and doomstalker in hand...

Pre order bet for two weeks on saturday - a non 40k release announced this Sunday, back to 40k week after.

What sort of publication are these datasheets from? I assumed would show up somewhere in the interim before the new codex, but didn't know where.

invader and firestrike leak looks to be from the codex.. so we may well get the storm speeder hellstrike and heavy intercessors leaked really soon

Based on one being FA and the other a HS choice, I doubt it, I'd say they're from the instruction booklets. OR from the new core sets?

• Triszin likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,564 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW
Some sort of indomitus expansion sounds plausible.

They definitely will be before the codex, since they're in CA.

Definitely does not look like it's from a codex.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 04 August 2020 - 04:12 PM.

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Elzender

Elzender

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,188 posts
The turret does not have the Primaris keyword either.

My blog (in Spanish): http://suenosdeuncon...logspot.com.es/

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei01.jpggallery_48988_10069_73849.png

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,778 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

@lemondish I understand the eradicators have a different gun, imo it would go to all multi-melta weapons if the damage boost is indeed only for that. Same argument really goes for the indomitus stuff; plasma pistol goes across all the main marine books, guard, csm and sisters.

@ishagu A drip feed update across multiple months isn't how you maintain parity.

There's no real reason why they aren't faqing on release of indomitus or whatever these new sets are coming in.

Edited by Slips, 04 August 2020 - 09:44 PM.
Keep the personal attacks out of it.

• Putrid Choir likes this

Boyadventurer

Boyadventurer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 565 posts

IDK if anyone else noticed, but the twin accelerator autocannon is Heavy 6, so I should assume Supressors are now heavy 3. Looks like a pretty sweet investment for IF, 105 points for a potential 18 damage turn 1.

gallery_48988_15465_18333.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.pnggallery_45765_13882_2878.pnggallery_96397_14126_674.png

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,701 posts

Oretty certain the datasheets are from the datasheet reference booklet in the new starters - look at the Necron Warrior sheet in the preview images and it has no Reanimation Protocols or Our Number Is Legion. Also the same layout and such. These are simplified sheets with no Codex dependent rules for people play with just the starters - with the few extra ETB units we are talking about now in some kind of "And easily expand your army with these ETB kits, look at their rules!" section.

• Aramis K likes this

Lord Nord

Lord Nord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 838 posts

Aside from the main turret weapon, they also changed up the loadout a bit and gave the ATV Twin AUTO Bolt Rifles rather than the Twin (Standard) Bolt Rifle the Outriders have.

I wouldn't even gatekeep you.

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,144 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE

I need some ATVs in my life .

• ValourousHeart likes this
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Squike

Squike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 95 posts

There's no real reason why they aren't faqing on release of indomitus or whatever these new sets are coming in.

I also find this odd, you would think they would change all the weapon profiles that need changing like this when the MRB dropped, new edition new rules and all, because I hope they play tested the new edition with these weapon profiles so why hold them back and not update everything at once to get us to what should be the best full version of the edition right away, rather than drag it out and have the start of the edition not complete for how they want it....???

RedFox

RedFox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 809 posts
I'm really happy for all the multi-melta, that gun deserved it
  • ValourousHeart, Black Blow Fly, 01RTB01 and 2 others like this

Vermintide

Vermintide

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 432 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels, Necrons

3. Pictures of weapons are immensely more valuable than text for new players. Deciphering 40k's weapon name gumbo is a daunting task.

Great point here. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but for the last couple editions there has been absolutely no visual reference at all to help you determine which weapon is actually which. Most people know their Boltguns from their Multi-Meltas, but hands up who can point out the difference between a Devourer and a Deathspitter?
  • Doctor Perils, Karhedron and Silas7 like this

"The Black Library is not lore."

Arch-Magos Mordekai Holatas

Bringer of Sacred Light
5113903.M39

aura_enchanted

aura_enchanted

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,837 posts
  • Faction: dark angels

firestrike servo turrets semm like really good units for dark angels like holy hades, 2 of those with maybe a techmarine sitting next to them for repair seems like a really good deal. 2+/1+ while stationary and you dont really move anyway. i can really get down with that, or 6 of them with azreal in a castle. thats some serious dakka

dark angles Skitarii , Forgotten Brotherhood

banners 4 sale by someone else on ebay

puppet shows on me

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,778 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
Another thing that worries me is points. Everything went up for the new edition, but the non-secret was that marines were dramatically undercosted to start with, so if 15% was the average hike across the game, marines needed to be around 20% to make the change an actual nerf. And that was offset by the changes to blast weapons and vehicles.

But now we're seeing (potential) large buffs in their arsenal; multi meltas/meltas, heavy stubbers, onslaught cannons, accelerator cannons, safer plasma, more well rounded storm shields. And those points increases feel even less relevant.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk, 04 August 2020 - 05:53 PM.

• Putrid Choir likes this

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,263 posts
Throne, that turret is nasty! BS 2!

The book thing is odd. If there is an Indomitus expansion box, what else could be in it? I can’t see them mixing push fit and multi part, so I doubt it’s the Chaplain on Bike or Techmarine.

Could it be another Necron vs Marine set with just two units for each side?

Arentius

Arentius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 213 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
So...if multi meltas are 2 shots stands to reason a twin multi melta is 4...storm wolf transports with 2 twin multi meltas, 2 lascannon s and a twin helfrost cannon is some serious firepower for a transport
  • Valerian and Karhedron like this

Daynga-Zone

Daynga-Zone

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 138 posts

Another thing that worries me is points. Everything went up for the new edition, but the non-secret was that marines were dramatically undercosted to start with, so if 15% was the average hike across the game, marines needed to be around 20% to make the change an actual nerf. And that was offset by the changes to blast weapons and vehicles.

But now we're seeing (potential) large buffs in their arsenal; multi meltas/meltas, heavy stubbers, onslaught cannons, accelerator cannons, safer plasma, more well rounded storm shields. And those points increases feel even less relevant.

Depends a bit on if these changes apply to equivalent weapons in other factions. Some of the potential buffs, 2 DMG heavy bolters, better autocannons, deadlier multimeltas work best against popular marine units (intercessors and all of our high wound no invulnerable save vehicles).

I agree though if marines got an increase but their weapons get proportionately better it’s not a nerf. I do believe marines got a higher points hike on average than most armies with some targeted (and necessary needs, but I could be mistaken. Custodes and a lot of other elites went up less, horde infantry higher proportionately was my general observation. Marine outliers like the relic contemptors will probably see some changes as well.

Captain Idaho

Captain Idaho

++ ARGENTARIUS IRACUNDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 17,743 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Multi-meltas on Attack Bikes and Land Speeders will be thankful for this change, also.

Dang it completely changes my plans for 9th edition.
  • Black Blow Fly, Dosjetka, MistaGav and 1 other like this
I've started up a new YouTube channel! Please support me as I attempt to grow it.

Serious Geeks

Cornishman

Cornishman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 112 posts

Assuming Multi-Meltas go to 2 shots across the board would to me really change how I look at it, and what to use for anti-tank capabilities: No longer would I scoff at the idea of putting one on a dreadnought (the speed of the Contemptor lends it's self well to a relatively short range weapons), attack bikes and landspeeders armed with them get a notable boost. In short twin lascannons may no longer be my go to option for anti-tank...
I'd hope these changes would be applied to others that use the multi-melta.. For instance with being able to move with no penalty to hit the humble Immolator becomes rather terrifying with 4 Str 8 shots... This would certainly shake things up a bit.

The changes to melta damage look interesting, +2 Damage is quite the buff. If the Necrons Quantum Shieldings remains unchanged it will almost render them almost immune to 1/2 range melta...

Heavy bolters at Hvy 3, but 2 Damage would put them in an interesting place.

Overall whilst not a fan of the entire aesthetics of the ATV (I think I’ll be one adding some armour to the front), it’s quick. It’s got 8W and with a bucket o’dakka or mere handful o’dakka and two melta shots it’s definitely offers appealing capability for under 90pts.

• Valerian likes this

Focslain

Focslain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,616 posts
  • Faction: Knights of House Jenius

Multimelta is d6+2 damage instead of 2d6 pick the highest in melta range? Interesting..

Actually if this is the new melta rule my warglaives (and other melta armed knights) just got better. I can one shot dreads at range.

MaulerUK

MaulerUK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 668 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

The range is what justifies a multi-melta's size, not the number of shots.  To be frank I don't think it's a required change, especially as it only really benefits Imperial forces (except for the Helbrute, lol) and given the size of the Primaris release I'd wager that they've had quite enough already.  And I say that as someone with three Imperial armies.

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 313 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM

The ATV is just something else in terms of efficiency. I can easily see 9 of them in most competitive lists. 
It's not a VEHICLE so it doesn't give up easy secondary points.

They have to boost ugly models through sheer points efficiency in order to sell them, I understand that.

Still, it sucks for the game as a whole.

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,144 posts
Remember when everybody hated the ATV ?
  • Dracos, ValourousHeart, Jack of the Pelt and 2 others like this
my 40k FB Page:
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,576 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords Legion

You mean people didn't like how it looked and had no context on how it worked until right now?
  • Noserenda, Marshal Loss and Putrid Choir like this
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

ST.Lazarus

ST.Lazarus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 381 posts

In our game club someone created the expression "They have beautiful rules"  for units like this.

Edited by ST.Lazarus, 04 August 2020 - 09:31 PM.

• G8Keeper, Noserenda, Marshal Loss and 14 others like this

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,144 posts
Lolz yesh you know... good ole Internetz... :D
my 40k FB Page:
Terminus Est