Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Firestrike Servo-Turrents and Invader ATV Squad rules leaks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
184 replies to this topic

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,769 posts
  • Faction: Genesis Chapter 4th Co. M37

-][- Keep on topic please folks, discussion is pertaining to the Firestrike & Invader ATV -][-
- grips Crozius -
BCC

fairly sure the bit of my comment you removed was comparing the new vehicles to other things? not sure how it was off topic frankly

It was concerning Necrons and ballistic skills etc. :)

BCC
BCC's Hobby Guide:
- Be Grim Dark not Grim Derp
- Hobby for 15 minutes a day
- Your miniatures are always the best painted in the room
- Game with your heart and don't care about losing
- Make sure your opponent is having fun 

jimbo1701

jimbo1701

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,134 posts
I’m very curious as to how these will be released. When we found out fro warcom they were etb kits it’s made sense they would be released alongside the main waves / codexes. Now I’m confident this won’t be the case.

1. Long time between now and the codexes dropping in October.
2. The leaked points page from way back was the first glimpse of the primaris bike chaplain under the indomitus heading alongside these two and the two necron etb. This suggests they are related to indomitus somehow.
3. The leaked rules show them in simpler format (ie without the army wide rules) and also the invader and firestrike are On the same page, In the wrong unit type order, and we know they are now near each other in the codex from the contents page.

These things together make me think we will see an indomitus expansion set and that the 5 models will be included with a booklet for their rules and if his is what we have seen leaked. It would explain the discrepancies above and drip feed models prior to the main codex / wave releases (which they may get an individual model release) in October.

Check out my  blog for all things space marine: http://indexastartes.blogspot.com/

And my other blog for all other things 40K: http://codex-imperia...blogspot.co.uk/

Nicorex

Nicorex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 871 posts
  • Faction: Prophets of Perdition

Jimbo, I bet they are released as "Indomitus Reinforcements" box. So you get a 4 wheeler and turret, some paper box terrain and the two ETB Necron models. GW seems to love making bundles that have stuff you want along with stuff you don't really care for all in the same box.  

QUOTE (A D-B @ Mar 20 2012, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But sometimes, like now, it's just terrifying.

A D-B thinks im tinfoil hat crazy!

BoltMan is my Master Now!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

01RTB01

01RTB01

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,037 posts
It clearly said on WarCom that the rules are in the new core sets.

That's where the leaks from...

Still going with a week today announced for pre order the following week.
  • SufficientAnonymity likes this
Signature not compliant with forum rules.
Hidden Content

Spinsanity

Spinsanity

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 844 posts
As 01RTB01 just said, those rules are from the starter sets...

“ Thankfully, the manuals included in all three Starter Sets feature some suggested additions for the collections in the boxes. Not only that, but as an added bonus, they also include the full datasheets for these new units as well as an extra mission designed with their inclusion in mind! “

Taken from https://www.warhamme...our-next-steps/

+Edit: As for what this means for the actual models, it’s kinda hard to say. I assume we’ll get to see them on preorder soon...

Edited by Spinsanity, 09 August 2020 - 03:06 PM.

• 01RTB01 likes this

jimbo1701

jimbo1701

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,134 posts

As 01RTB01 just said, those rules are from the starter sets...

“ Not only that, but as an added bonus, they also include the full datasheets for these new units as well as an extra mission designed with their inclusion in mind! “

Taken from https://www.warhamme...our-next-steps/

+Edit: As for what this means for the actual models, it’s kinda hard to say. I assume we’ll get to see them on preorder soon...

Ah ok, scrap my theorising. That’ll teach me not to read warcom for a while. Odd that the bike chaplain isn’t featuring in these previews but is clearly meant to be a part of things due to its inclusion in the Indomitus points list.

Check out my  blog for all things space marine: http://indexastartes.blogspot.com/

And my other blog for all other things 40K: http://codex-imperia...blogspot.co.uk/

Mandragola

Mandragola

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,030 posts

Ahh, so the chaplain on bike isn't mentioned there. I'd been wondering why we hadn't seen his rules yet. Maybe he won't be out for a bit longer. Points were in the Indomitus stuff in the Munitorum manual though.

C+C always welcome on my Titanic Plog. Should really be painting Crimson Fists.

gallery_48988_15151_9524.pnggallery_45765_12339_6416.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_6255.png

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,014 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!
Yeah, everything points to these kits arriving imminently, either up for pre-order on Saturday or the one after I'd bet.

gallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_215.png gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_30096.jpggallery_84244_11417_17741.pnggallery_84244_11417_22884.pnggallery_84244_16660_5008.jpggallery_84244_11417_13552.png

Burni

Burni

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,263 posts
The Chaplain on bike isn’t an ETB is it? So I wouldn’t expect it to be with the turret and ATV, which are aimed as follow on purchases to and starter set.

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,769 posts
  • Faction: Genesis Chapter 4th Co. M37
Sorry to those of you looking here for genuine News & Rumours concerning the original topic. Following a large amount of off topic discussion...

-][- This thread is now closed -][-

Should further News or Rumours concerning the Firestrike or Invader surface we will review this.

BCC
BCC's Hobby Guide:
- Be Grim Dark not Grim Derp
- Hobby for 15 minutes a day
- Your miniatures are always the best painted in the room
- Game with your heart and don't care about losing
- Make sure your opponent is having fun 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users