RGSC 1000pt Incursion - My 1st List

MillMaster

Hello All! The following list is what I am in the process of painting up to start learning 40k. I am a new player trying to get a 1K army painted up for when stores start opening up around here. These models are most of what I have to work with, but as most of my first games will be learning 9th as well as Raven Guard I am not super concerned with outcomes at first. (Do plan on getting to a comp. 2k Astartes eventually!)

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Raven Guard) [52 PL, -2CP, 999pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selection**: Long-range Marksmen, Master Artisans, Raven Guard Successor

Detachment CP

+ HQ +

Captain in Phobos Armour [5 PL, 100pts]: Camo cloak, Ex Tenebris, Master-crafted instigator bolt carbine

Chaplain [4 PL, -2CP, 80pts]: 5. Recitation of Focus, 6. Canticle of Hate, Bolt pistol, Litany of Hate, Master of Ambush, Stratagem: Master of Sanctity, Stratagem: Master of the Trifold Path, Swift as the Raven, Warlord, Wise Orator

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad [10 PL, 210pts]: Incursor Sergeant
. 9x Incursor: 9x Bolt pistol, 9x Frag & Krak grenades, 9x Occulus bolt carbine, 9x Paired Combat Blades, 9x Smoke Grenades

Scout Squad [7 PL, 94pts]
. Scout Sergeant: Chainsword, Sniper rifle
. Scout w/Boltgun
. 4x Scout w/Sniper Rifle: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Sniper rifle

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad [10 PL, 180pts]: 3x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant
. Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Centurion Assault Squad [16 PL, 335pts]
. Centurion: Hurricane bolter
. . Flamers: 2x Flamer
. Centurion Sergeant: Centurion Assault Launchers

++ Total: [52 PL, -2CP, 999pts] ++

I can use SftS and MoA and Caps Phobos to put both HQ bubbles, and Centurions, and Aggressors in an unconformable place.

Troops can split and deploy to objectives.

Looks pretty tough and punchy for sure. Centurions got really expensive with the points changes but I guess if those are the models you have, you're stuck with 'em. Let us know how your games go!

Looks pretty vicious honestly. Few units so you may have problems getting to objectives.

I wonder if you want to make the incursors two units? 

Yes, you are right, I just realized that Patrol Detachment goes to 3 troops.. ty for that!

Revision would Look something like this?

++ Patrol Detachment 0CP (Imperium - Adeptus Astartes - Raven Guard) [49 PL, -2CP, 995pts] ++

+ Configuration +

**Chapter Selection**: Long-range Marksmen, Master Artisans, Raven Guard Successor

Detachment CP

+ HQ +

Captain in Phobos Armour [5 PL, 100pts]: Camo cloak, Ex Tenebris, Master-crafted instigator bolt carbine

Chaplain [4 PL, -2CP, 80pts]: 5. Recitation of Focus, 6. Canticle of Hate, Bolt pistol, Litany of Hate, Master of Ambush, Stratagem: Master of Sanctity, Stratagem: Master of the Trifold Path, Swift as the Raven, Warlord, Wise Orator

+ Troops +

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 105pts]: Incursor Sergeant

. 4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired Combat Blades, 4x Smoke Grenades

Incursor Squad [5 PL, 105pts]: Incursor Sergeant

. 4x Incursor: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Occulus bolt carbine, 4x Paired Combat Blades, 4x Smoke Grenades

Scout Squad [4 PL, 90pts]: 5x Camo cloak

. Scout Sergeant: Chainsword, Sniper rifle

. 4x Scout w/Sniper Rifle: 4x Bolt pistol, 4x Frag & Krak grenades, 4x Sniper rifle

+ Elites +

Aggressor Squad [10 PL, 180pts]: 3x Aggressor, Aggressor Sergeant

. Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher

Centurion Assault Squad [16 PL, 335pts]

. Centurion Sergeant: Centurion Assault Launchers

++ Total: [49 PL, -2CP, 995pts] ++

My only comment would be that its very easy to fall into the trap of MoA the aggressors into the opponent's face for a turn 1 charge, butcher something (or whiff, as is my tendency), then have my opponent wipe out the aggressors and spend the next couple of turns clearing my squads off objectives. I score 15 on the primary turn 2 and its all downhill from there. You have a counter punch in the centurions but making charges out of deep strike outside the chaplain bubble will be rough.

If you played a bit more cagey by having the aggressors as the counter punch supporting the troops on objectives and then had that horrible unit of centurions deep striking later, its likely to be far more brutal. I like it.