Primaris Invader ATV and MM leak for Ravenwing

solarisqc

With the leak invader ATV datasheet, how do you think it will fit in the Ravenwing.

The twin auto bolt riffle make it great if you need to move to position and get the jinx save.

The MM is great for AT. I don't think we realy need the onslaught gatling in the ravenwing with Samael and tallonmaster.

If they change MM to heavy 2 in the codex space marine, MM attack bike at 55 will become crazy for Ravenwing as a cheap AT option.

Check out the OP in New and Rumors here.

The MM is great for AT. I don't think we realy need the onslaught gatling in the ravenwing with Samael and tallonmaster.

If they change MM to heavy 2 in the codex space marine, MM attack bike at 55 will become crazy for Ravenwing as a cheap AT option.

I can see both ATV weapons being very useful.  Armor is not where I struggle with my RW, it is hoards.  I can see taking a unit of 3 with 2 Gatling and 1 Multi-Melta.  I might end up magnetizing 1 so that I can reverse that.  But I don't think it will ever be advisable to go with 3 the same given how few models we get in a RW list.  Every unit needs to be able to deal with both high model count and high toughness.

Edited by ValourousHeart

Assuming they get the RW keyword (ATV) they'll benefit from the various stratagems that help them live longer, whilst the Firestrike Turret will benefit from the leaked +1 to hit whilst stationary. This is going to be very useful with the -1's being prevalent in the game and it having a 2+ BS.

I know this isn't particularly helpful but i'm really not a fan of the dune buggy, it might be tactically useful but just so ugly.. my RW will remain bikes and speeders :/ the new bikes I can get behind

I know this isn't particularly helpful but i'm really not a fan of the dune buggy, it might be tactically useful but just so ugly.. my RW will remain bikes and speeders :/ the new bikes I can get behind

Yeah same I won't own scouts the turret and the atv as they are shocking bad models

You could probably make bigger slots for larger wheels and use some Lego wheels to raise it up off the ground. Turn it into a mad Max buggy. Give it some more height and definition.

Maybe chop up some bike shields for their wingys and mount them on either side of the driver shield and the gun shield.

I was also thinking you could steal some melted candles off something like maybe a veterans backpack and mount them all over for that lived in look

You could probably make bigger slots for larger wheels and use some Lego wheels to raise it up off the ground. Turn it into a mad Max buggy. Give it some more height and definition.

Maybe chop up some bike shields for their wingys and mount them on either side of the driver shield and the gun shield.

I was also thinking you could steal some melted candles off something like maybe a veterans backpack and mount them all over for that lived in look

The RW bike wings attached to the front shield to make it bigger will be the first thing i will do ;)

I’m going to have to be controversial but I kid of like it. Maybe I’m just excited to finally have RW range fleshed out under our new primaris overlords.

i want the firstrikes, i have always wanted a tarantula sentry and couldnt get one, then i wanted a quad gun or a stalker and couldnt justify 1 or use the other. then i in a very rough point in my life painted and gave away my only techmarine as a gift to a brother in need out of love of the hobby and the goodness in my dark heart. and the firstrike kills both of those boxes, and its going to be great with our chapter tactic and its got amazing synergy with my land raider excelsior, 2+ bs rerolling 1's with a 1+ while stationary that will save it from -1 to shooting debuffs. its got an amazing look too. however i am torn between it and my beautiful deimos laser destroyer which is equally amazing this edition (and cheaper!)

Yeh I think if the invader had the more shielded firestrike turret it would be an improvement.. and GW could have capitalised on repeat/ modular pieces.. surprised they didn't go there. That turret would also make nice looking twin linked dreadnought arm..

Yeah it's pretty ugly. I see it as an opportunity for a conversion though :)

Like add actual armor for the driver?
Heavy armour would make the ATV shower

Drivers already wear PA that is enough

In formerà editions LS was not considered open topped cause the driver and gunner wear PA

I agree that the front plate of the Invader could be bigger (and DA are lucky cause you can add the wings from RW bikes front shield to bulk the front plate) but of you Want heavier armour you better buy a Predator or a Gladiator :P

The idea of the Invader is based upon on real world military buggies who are fast recon veichles and those buggies are basically a roll cage with wheels

The Invader is already armoured a lot more than a real world military buggy

I hope they will release a ravenwing primaris upgrade sprue with the DA supplement because rebuilding with primaris will empty my ravenwing bitz box. My techmarine are so busy now with all the modification they have to do to primaris vehicule and armor to make them look like DA. 

My problem for the invader aestetic is where armorplate is place and his general size. Maybe when we have the model in our hand it will be better, but it almost look like it's a square, it's just too wide for it's lenght, it's look like an armored go-kart.

All the armor plate on the back tire will have been better on the front tire and the pipe are useless because they are to short to serve as a roll cage.

The rule look nice, i hope we can add single ATV to outrider squad like we do with attack bike and bike. The model feel so strange it will probably be the first model i proxy because i don't see how i can salvage it to look good in my ravenwing without heavy modification to the base model.

6Qa2jA2Zvg2FgE6R.jpg

Edited by solarisqc

I agree that the atv could use some front wheel armor instead of the massiv backwheel armor.

Other than that I really like the model.

I just hope it's not too big.

I actually enjoy the return to wheels, although it makes no sense in respect to all the other latest vehicles.

I hope they will release a ravenwing primaris upgrade sprue with the DA supplement because rebuilding with primaris will empty my ravenwing bitz box. My techmarine are so busy now with all the modification they have to do to primaris vehicule and armor to make them look like DA. 

My problem for the invader aestetic is where armorplate is place and his general size. Maybe when we have the model in our hand it will be better, but it almost look like it's a square, it's just too wide for it's lenght, it's look like an armored go-kart.

All the armor plate on the back tire will have been better on the front tire and the pipe are useless because they are to short to serve as a roll cage.

The rule look nice, i hope we can add single ATV to outrider squad like we do with attack bike and bike. The model feel so strange it will probably be the first model i proxy because i don't see how i can salvage it to look good in my ravenwing without heavy modification to the base model.

I'm considering trying to convert a Ridgerunner for my Black Templars - the base model is just too ugly to salvage.

It’s a front to back version of the side by side assault bike style, but I have to admit the design cues still throw me off a little like armour in weird places. I can’t really be more definitive then that other than it just doesn’t ‘feel’ very space marine/primaris like the line of tanks do.

That aside, assuming it gets the Ravenwing keyword, this’ll add more anti tank/anti horde punch for our second company which is no bad thing. While our speeders, fliers and attack bikes fill AT roles fairly well, having some more AH punch can only be a good thing

I agree that the atv could use some front wheel armor instead of the massiv backwheel armor.

Other than that I really like the model.

I just hope it's not too big.

I actually enjoy the return to wheels, although it makes no sense in respect to all the other latest vehicles.

Maybe with a bit cut and glue we can change the wheels front to back?

I don't know why everyone is irritated by the fenders on the Invader.

All the dune buggies I've seen with fenders, the fender covers the back part of the front wheels and the front part of the back wheels.

And the back wheel fenders are always bigger than the front wheel fenders.

If it wasn't for axle setup wrapping around the wheel extending the visual of the fender, the rear fenders on this would be comparable in size to fenders on modern day dune buggies.

Just slap some wheels on a Landspeeder and call it an ATV.

Like these guys from back in the day?

https://images.app.goo.gl/m6PopeoHhbigLAiK7

I don't think it's the fenders that are the issue, for me it's the concept of these "bigger, stronger, harder" space marines with floating tanks and heavily armoured bikes suddenly deciding to ride dune buggies with tiny face shields..

I'm glad there are people out there who like them, just not my.cup of tea. I'll stop hijacking/ranting now!

Like these guys from back in the day?

https://images.app.goo.gl/m6PopeoHhbigLAiK7

I don't think it's the fenders that are the issue, for me it's the concept of these "bigger, stronger, harder" space marines with floating tanks and heavily armoured bikes suddenly deciding to ride dune buggies with tiny face shields..

I'm glad there are people out there who like them, just not my.cup of tea. I'll stop hijacking/ranting now!

Yes, the best part is that you wouldn't need to bother with the top turret either. Just slap an assault cannon or multi melta onto the gunner's side and you're golden for WYSIWYG.