GW's supply drops are coming (mystery models inside)

GreenScorpion

I guess I’ll restrict myself to a single comment, but I feel like someone is either wealthy or insane to buy loot boxes for products this expensive, 50% off or not. Maybe some folks collect enough armies that this will work out.

Seems absolutely insane.

With the boxes being fixed per region there's room for people to discover what they're going to get, which makes it a more attractive proposition, nowhere near as bad as the sorts of loot boxes you find in video games etc. Not a fat chance in hell I'd ever be the first one to pull a trigger though. Potentially seems like a tactic to get rid of models they don't want

Calling them "loot boxes" is incredibly snide - especially given the practice of "mystery boxes / blisters" has been employed across the miniatures industry for decades now.

Trying to connect them to a predatory digital practice that operates under an entirely different set of rules is just poor form.

Have to agree with other commentators that these aren't really "loot boxes" - more like something akin to MTG repacks or the crates you can get. It's probably actually potentially pretty good value if you can use enough of it, but "Imperium" is so broad that it's not worth the gamble.

If it was "Astartes" or "Mechanicum" or "Chaos" then I could be tempted, but then it's probably too close to a Start Collecting box.

There's simply too much rubbish in the whole Imperium range for this to be interesting. 
If I were to drop €100 on "€200 worth of models", I'd hope not to find some useless, overpriced character models.

And note one more thing: now Space Marines are not under Imperium on GW webstore anymore. They have their separate category.

gww.png

Edited by AenarIT

GW must want to throw a bone to its community of ebay scalpers again. Resellers are the only people I can see this helping.

To be fair I think the only way to approach this is to purchase with the knowledge that you may need to sell a chunk on. I am happy to purchase and then throw what I don't want on Facebook/ebay at cost so I don't lose out. 

Edit: By cost I mean cost from this price, not the RRP. 

Edited by MrSpoon

Vote with your wallets, give them feedback on social media too. Hey, they might actually broaden this to include mini (pun intended) crates of specific lines.

But to me, these kinda boxes should have easy to miss or ye olden days of models in them.

I bet it’s a box full of First Born Marine sets and maybe a box of Primaris Reavers!

They only one I’d ever consider is an AT theme box. And maybe an AI one.

I'd buy a box full of firstborn marines at a huge discount for sure. I'd use pretty mu h everything, I've got two loyalist marine armies I'm working on, with plans for a couple more.