Word Bearers - Daemon Allies

WrathOfTheLion

Hi all,

I'm working on a Word Bearers force, and the legions red book says to reference Codex: Chaos Daemons for datasheets, etc. for any daemon allies and I figure summoning as well. Is the 7E daemons codex still the correct reference for this, or has any of that been reprinted in HH publications or superceded in any way?

Hi all,

I'm working on a Word Bearers force, and the legions red book says to reference Codex: Chaos Daemons for datasheets, etc. for any daemon allies and I figure summoning as well. Is the 7E daemons codex still the correct reference for this, or has any of that been reprinted in HH publications or superceded in any way?

7th Ed Chaos Daemons is the one you want, yes. Its that or the Daemons of the Ruinstorm List found in the HH books.

With the 7th edition daemon codex out of print, and the Ruinstorm list added in book 8 (along with the updated malefic demonology psychic powers), I'd say the ruinstorm daemons are the current daemons to use.

The issue is that the Ruinstorm daemon armies are 'Agents of the Warmaster', which invalidates part of the benefit of that main Word Bearers rite of war, needs FAQing!

Edited by Darkwrath121

Yes, I did see that when looking at book 8, which kind of made no sense after reading the rite of war...

According to the Rite of War, it says all but Daemons are considered Desperate Allies. Would that not, without FAQ, mean Daemons of the Ruinstorm as a separate group are considered Desperate Allies with the RoW?

I figure house ruling ruinstorm daemons as the new daemons would make sense. I don't think I want to purchase the 7E daemon codex, I figure if they intend a separate list for WB still, then it will end up in a red book later.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Yes, I did see that when looking at book 8, which kind of made no sense after reading the rite of war...

According to the Rite of War, it says all but Daemons are considered Desperate Allies. Would that not, without FAQ, mean Daemons of the Ruinstorm as a separate group are considered Desperate Allies with the RoW?

I figure house ruling ruinstorm daemons as the new daemons would make sense. I don't think I want to purchase the 7E daemon codex, I figure if they intend a separate list for WB still, then it will end up in a red book later.

That is Forge World for ya. They know the Dark Bretheren needs to be rewritten from the ground up, so they won't do it.