Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Black Library Reader's Choice 2020/21

black library readers choice poll survey vote

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,179 posts

Well, Dead Men Walking isn't bad. It's no Fire Caste but it's ok and pitch black grimdark.

DukeLeto69

DukeLeto69

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,037 posts
Disappointed Fehervari didn’t get the votes needed. Sigh!

I have Dead Men Walking on my shelf unread since it came out. Is it any good?

Lord Marshal

Lord Marshal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,724 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Guard

Not surprised Dead Men Walking won what with all the silly Krieg memes around and it's reputation as a decent read. Similarly The Daemon's Curse was always going to win the Fantasy vote by virtue of 'brand awareness' in Malus but I still wanted Riders of the Dead to win.

I'm not too gutted since I only just got my hard copy of Fire Caste from the partworks- thing, but I would've preferred the original coloured cover and for a less limited release of it so others could get into Fehervari's stuff. Ah well.

Edited by Lord Marshal, 23 September 2020 - 03:34 PM.

• byrd9999 likes this
gallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_9366.png

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,504 posts

That's probably the most annoying and disappointing win for 40k. Happy for Darkblade - still love the book and wish they'd continued the series properly instead of End Times'ing it - but Dead Men Walking doesn't belong there, especially since it's been well Omnibus'd.

• fire golem, Roomsky and byrd9999 like this

Knockagh

Knockagh

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,193 posts
Gutted firecast didn’t get a reprint. I was a late comer to all things Fehervari and only have a second hand eBay copy and I am planning a reread some time. A new copy would have made a reread all the better. Although I’m sure at some point we will get a Fehervari omnibus.

The two winner are good books so it’s not all that surprising.
  • Kelborn likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: black library, readers choice, poll, survey, vote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users