Emperors Children/World Eaters missing from 9th ed core book

Hi

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere.

I noticed when reading through the fluff section (which I am really enjoying) of the 9th ed book that while the Death Guard and Thousand Sons are specifically mentioned, the Emps Children and World Eaters are missing... Retconned maybe?? :biggrin.:  I also happened to notice that EC and WE are also missing from the CSM transfer sheet packaged in the Start Collecting CSM box I received a couple of weeks ago. Oddly TS transfers are present - which transfer sheet comes with recent TS models (I've never bought any)? EC/WE getting their own transfer sheets soon (along with other stuff)?? :biggrin.:

Anyway maybe something, maybe nothing. I found it interesting though.

Cheers

T2K

Welcome aboard! I wasn't aware the Chaos transfer sheet had changed, I thought it was a pretty good one too do you have a picture of it? The full CSM sheet comes with the Sons, this is my most up to date Chaos infantry box so the sheet I am most familiar with. I don't think the rulebook's lore bits mean particularly much as to the state of armies, or realistically mean that much at all :P

Posting a picture is fine, but yes the transfer sheets I have all have EC and WE icons on however as noted the Sons are the most recent boxes I own so if there has been a change since I'd not have seen it :tongue.: There was the rumour of them getting their own books and stuff before, but even so I wouldn't have assumed his meant a new transfer sheet so I'm curious to find out more.

Nop, with the new CSM there isnt any transfer for EC/WE (they were on the ancient transfert sheet). 

You can also see there isnt any new CSM models with the EC or WE color paint by the Eavy metal (look all the pictures, you will have WB/IW/NL/BL/AL but no pink or red new models. 

Posting a picture is fine, but yes the transfer sheets I have all have EC and WE icons on however as noted the Sons are the most recent boxes I own so if there has been a change since I'd not have seen it :tongue.: There was the rumour of them getting their own books and stuff before, but even so I wouldn't have assumed his meant a new transfer sheet so I'm curious to find out more.

This is the new transfer sheet, it came out last year and can be found in all the new CSM boxes (Havocs, Terminators, etc). No idea if it has been put into TS boxes since March 2019.

s-l1600.jpg

----------------

Anyway, to the point of the topic:

• The Emperor's Children & World Eaters are mentioned briefly in the book (p126) but unlike all of the other Legions get no art
  • It is widely held that EC & World Eaters will receive releases at some point in the future. The EC in particular have had numerous appearances in publications over the last 3.5 years including some references to Fulgrim himself
  • The EC & WE not appearing on the most recent transfer sheet ties into the above but unfortunately given how far GW works in advance we have no real idea if/when these releases are coming
  • They are not being retconned

Yeah this is the transfer sheet I was referring to.

The Emperor's Children & World Eaters are mentioned briefly in the book (p126) but unlike all of the other Legions get no art

Sorry I should have been more specific - they got no dedicated page in the rulebook, unlike DG/TS (pages 132/133). I thought this was a bit odd, maybe they displeased the editing gods somehow.

They are not being retconned

Joke, not meant to be taken seriously :biggrin.:

Edited by Taniwha2000

Sorry I should have been more specific - they got no dedicated page in the rulebook, unlike DG/TS (pages 132/133). I thought this was a bit odd, maybe they displeased the editing gods somehow.

They've never received a dedicated page in the rulebook in the past ever though, and you wouldn't expect them to get the DG/TS treatment before they get their major release(s).

TLDR it doesn't mean anything. The only genuine takeaway from this is that GW acknowledge that the Khorne Berzerker & Noise Marine kits are old and look terrible.

They've never received a dedicated page in the rulebook in the past ever though, and you wouldn't expect them to get the DG/TS treatment before they get their major release(s).

TLDR it doesn't mean anything. The only genuine takeaway from this is that GW acknowledge that the Khorne Berzerker & Noise Marine kits are old and look terrible.

Hey, i love my cheesy looking berzerkers!