Forge World Pre-Orders

The Vultures do seem a lot given you can have a 40k vulture for £71, but I suppose it is only £4 more than 2 plastic marauders. To be fair the imperials won't be short of Dakka options if you exclude them from your force.

The Arvus are cute and seem good value by comparison so I will pick some up I think.

If the Vultures come with all the weapon options then I’ll be more okay with the price, but it only mentioned the Punisher cannons which worries me a bit...

Given that they show the models with the other options like rocket cradles, and that they don't list them separately, I'd say it's a reasonable assumption that they're included. :)  Also, 16 parts per model is a lot, if it doesn't include the weapons options :O

So far I've held off buying these. I agree that the arvus looks like better value than the vulture, and I do prefer how they look. It's odd they've only brought out one weapon option for the vulture. The points costs for it's weapons are all over the place though, so punishers are clearly the best option.

The points for weapons in the Taros book in general are very badly done and the vulture is just one of several examples. The punishers do better damage than the missiles, are not limited to either air or ground targets, and don't run out of ammo. So of course they should be cheaper, right?  I guess there's kind of an argument for quad rocket pods, since the thing would be lucky to live long enough to run out of ammo with those. The hell/skystrike missiles are a trap though.

I guess at least it has some good options, unlike the poor lightning.

Edited by Mandragola

If you assemble the vulture with punishers those missile cradles would look great on a marauder destroyer

Ahh cool, it does come with all the options. Those missiles would look good on other planes, I agree.

I've just ordered some valks so I will have enough spare missile pods for a vulture - if it doesn't come with its own. I'd probably make one with punishers and one with missile pods I think. Two would be enough.

The skystrike cradles are definitely shown in the Vulture pics on the FW site... And I can't quite make the math work on "16 resin pieces" without them. (That's assuming the chin turret is a separate piece.) Edited by Arendious

It’s 16 parts with just Punisher cannons. It breaks down into:

Front hull and cockpit part (chin turret is on this) - 1

Main engine/hull part -1

Tail boom - 1

Left and right wings - 2

Tail wings - 2

Body mounted landing strut wing things -2

Engine exhaust -1

Wing mount landing feet - 2

Punisher cannons - 2

Punisher cannon ammo drums - 2

It’s 16 parts with just Punisher cannons. It breaks down into:

Front hull and cockpit part (chin turret is on this) - 1

Main engine/hull part -1

Tail boom - 1

Left and right wings - 2

Tail wings - 2

Body mounted landing strut wing things -2

Engine exhaust -1

Wing mount landing feet - 2

Punisher cannons - 2

Punisher cannon ammo drums - 2

Ok so the count of bits per plane is correct. That doesn't excuse showing us a picture of missiles that aren't in the box in the images advertising the set.

It's not really much of a loss in reality, given how awful those missiles are in-game. They're more expensive than punishers, they do less damage, they run out of ammo and they can only be fired at either ground or air targets (depending on what you buy).

I might get a pair of vultures. I'd make one with punishers and the other with spare missile pods from valkyries. Those are a decent option - marginally more damage than a punisher for the same price, but they run out of ammo.

Well, that's the death of my theory. I'm guessing Beaky is correct and 'Vultures w/ Skystrike Cradles' will be releasing... Somewhen?

I was already feeling salty about the Vulture, reading the rules. (Attack helicopter that's a better fighter than the dedicated fighters? Ugh..)

It’s not a better fighter. It’s capable of manoeuvres fighters can’t do, but it’s slower and fragile. Thunderbolts vs vultures wouldn’t be much of a contest.

It does beat lightnings, but lightnings are terrible. That’s not the vulture’s fault.

Given the pictures with missiles on the product page the blister only including the punisher cannons is disappointing. I was planning on assembling them with punishers anyway but still.

As the blister is sold as 'vulture with punisher cannons' I think it's safe to say Beaky is right.

Any disappointment could have been avoided with a better product description on the FW website.

The 'this set includes' bit should clearly list what weapons come in the kit.

As the blister is sold as 'vulture with punisher cannons' 

Either they've changed the description to disambiguate the contents, or (more likely) I've only just now noticed the full description now you "say" it :facepalm: :blush:

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

As the blister is sold as 'vulture with punisher cannons' 

Either they've changed the description to disambiguate the contents, or (more likely) I've only just now noticed the full description now you "say" it :facepalm: :blush.:

I'm pretty sure it said punisher cannons from day 1. TBH it's very hard to magnetize the wing weapons on these models, some people have done it but you do compromise the appearance a little bit because even small magnets are quite big. Most people don't play WYSIWYG with upgrades so it's not a huge issue, though I think it's got a little more complicated since the Taros book because of the reliance on gun variants for variation.

I don't see the problem with them selling one weapon fit per model if it would result in a cheaper model, but I would hope they are transparent and clear about the contents and release schedule for the other variants if they do come...

Edited by Beaky Brigade