Kor'sarro Khan No longer available?

Red_Shift

I went to buy the (fairly new) Kor'sarro Khan model today and it says no longer available on line; different obviously to the temporarily out of stock message you sometimes see. Bit strange, can the mould really have run out this quickly?

The steel moulds (or tools) for plastic models are good for tens or even hundreds of thousands of uses. And since sprue layout etc has been done via CAD this has improved dramatically as they've improved the angles used and how they're aligned.

It's far more likely that a lot have Marine players have seen that White Scars are going to be incredibly good and so are adding Kor'sarro to existing Marine forces, so he's sold out.

Rik

Yeah, they’re a bit annoying in that they use the phrases ‘no longer available online’ and ‘temporarily out of stock’ completely interchangeably.

It often makes the shortage of stock sound more permanent/serious than it actually is. It also doesn’t always make it explicit when something is genuinely permanently removed.

Thanks Mark0sian I hadn’t realised that they chopped and changed between the two terms. I’m not looking forward to painting my Indomitus bikers in IF colours so I thought I would get into white scars after the very good heresy series fluff on them and was a bit surprised to see a no longer available line. I remember years ago the bfg light cruiser mould got dropped and broken so they only ever made a handful and thought the khan might have suffered a similar fate!

It could be that he's being reboxed - this same sort of thing happened in the past with like fenrisian wolves, etc. when the existing stock ran out, right before changing box art.

Since they changed the logo and are doing new build guides, etc., it would make sense for some of the more high profile SM characters to get updated box.

I do think "sold out online" is different to not currently available. They give you an "email me" button if a model is coming back.

This is a very odd model to pull though, less than a year (I think) after it was released. Can't explain that at all.

I do think "sold out online" is different to not currently available. They give you an "email me" button if a model is coming back.

This is a very odd model to pull though, less than a year (I think) after it was released. Can't explain that at all.

It's still available around the world, though.

It's still available around the world, though.

That could just be because there are some in warehouses around the place. I wonder if this means they only did a limited run of these special characters. If so, it wouldn't be surprising if Khan was the first to go, given how strong White Scars are in the new edition.

Or,,,,, dare we even say or think it?........... KHAN ON A BIKE!

Probably wishful thinking, but now that the new Primaris bikes are out they may do it as they don't have to keep the bike design secret........ or maybe not!

May he is getting a new model(?) According to the lore Jubal Khan is kind of slowly dying or something like that and Games Workshop may have  decided to let that character die and Kor'sarro gets the promotion to Chapter Master (and with that a new model + stats) :ohmy.: and perhaps a new bike :ohmy.::ohmy.::ohmy.:

Edited by Commander Nicky

May he is getting a new model(?) According to the lore Jubal Khan is kind of slowly dying or something like that and Games Workshop may have  decided to let that character die and Kor'sarro gets the promotion to Chapter Master (and with that a new model + stats) :ohmy.: and perhaps a new bike :ohmy.::ohmy.::ohmy.:

That would be great, and I honestly would not be upset one way or the other. 

Yea now that we have outriders please put him in the saddle again GW!  New Chapter Master or not.  Also would not cry if they gave us a Primaris Khan on Outrider Bike (Maybe the same kit and you can have it be him or the generic)

• 2 weeks later...