The Royal Awakening: Prepare for Battle!

NTaW

01RTB01 I'll allow it! (Much like I've allowed basically everything during this event :lol:)

Miek glad to hear you didn't have to start creating your own washes, hopefully the post gods smile on your request for more grey!

DPL being from Canada I can rightly appreciate inclement weather halting the priming process. I lucked out hard that my work has a spray booth otherwise I'd still have my week in spring and second week in fall where the temperature and humidity lined up for good priming. :yes:

Edited by NTaW

I'm really bad at estimating the time it'll take to paint my vows, but I'm progressing well! Next are highlights and touchups to every color, and done:

med_gallery_225534_16617_694255.jpg

There are 21 but I vowed 20. I noticed yesterday that I was only 40 pts short of 1500 so I'll probably do a fifth vow with scarabs or something.

After that, I'll probably rebase them all (32mm bases are on the way).

Edit: Tried electric blue (Vallejo air) for the first time and I love it. I also tried mixing regular paint with flow improver to make a wash and wow, it's magical! You can easily adjust to the desired "flowiness" (surface tension); should've tried it sooner.

Edited by Miek

Looking awesome Miek :)

I've primed my monolith and skorpekhs...

Just trying to figure out how to do the Blackstone akin to the box art - the greeny/ bluey stuff.

Was going to use aethermatic blue contrast to start but there isn't any locally and it takes about 2 weeks for orders up here

One week to go people! 

From the 27 people involved we've seen 50 Vows made and currently 32 of those have been completed. I'll save all the rest of the numbers for next Sunday's wrap-up which will include everyone's completed totals.

On the 8th I'll post a few hours before the event's end and then post a notice when submissions will no longer be accepted. Once submissions are closed I'll give everyone some time to go over the final edit of Vows on page 1 to make sure I've got everything right before closing this thread and creating a new thread for the event's wrap up and to award badges.

Keep those brushes moving! Not much time left to post some last minute Vow completions :tu::yes:

Any penalties for failure?

Amended final vow...

Void dragon
Monolith
3skorpekhs.

All primed...

PS for the final day can we take into account mountain time in BC please, I'll invariably be running to the wire :biggrin.:

Edited by NTaW
Merged posts.

I'm going to call this done. Details on the bases of the Doomstalker and Reanimator still need done (plus one piece on the middle Destroyer's base) but I am out of the paints I need for those and after buying all these Necrons I have no money left for the paints.

VJhJj6j.jpg

edit: somehow linked the unpainted pic instead of the finished

Edited by Nemesor Tyriks

And that is my vow done:

gallery_36568_16639_67911.jpg

Excuse the cluttered pic but it will do for now. Will get a better one soon. They aren't glued together (thus the one guy with dodgy arm) and bases will be done later when the whole force is assembled but they are done for now. May sneak through another vow at the last minute but see how I go.

Haha yeah, it almost feels like cheating with these little dudes, but I'm seriously amazed at how good/cute scarabs look with very little effort. Incidentally, they're done (fifth vow complete, for a total of 1518 pts):

med_gallery_225534_16611_252260.jpg

I'm not done though! I should receive my new bases tomorrow (was supposed to get them today), as well as magnets and magnetized sheets. I've started testing my new base design that has roughly the same colors as previously, but that matches my custom dynasty backstory better (also in progress). That'll be in another thread though.

Finally, I found a name for my dynasty: Tohakh! It's a reference to Toha Heavy Industries from the Blame universe and the necrons' love for "kh" in names.