The Royal Awakening: Prepare for Battle!

NTaW

12 hours left!!

Mr4Minutes so long as we have your word you did all the work after your last Vow and you can post a picture of the completed model before event's end I'll count it.

01RTB01 you and a friend of mine are making compelling arguments that I should buy a Void Dragon model :lol:

How long ago was the 12 hour announcement?! It's only 0807 in northern BC lol.

Have to say I wasn't going to get a void dragon. But, I then saw the Canoptek safety device built in and that sold me the model otherwise it would have been 6 Ophydians or another monolith lol.

Thank you NTaW. I then present my final completed vow, Nemesor Sekhemkaw.

https://imgur.com/gallery/lvlSnBh

It’s a Catacomb Command Barge with Gauss Cannon and a Rez orb.

Sorry for not having a before photo. He’s been built and Grey plastic for a few years now. But after a game with him a few weeks ago, he performed so well I had to get him painted up lol.

I posted the 12-hour announcement at 8:15am my time and have noticed the board is a little wonky when it comes to time coding, though that's a little fitting given how all over the place the 40k universe is.

It's now 11am here for me so that's 9 (ish, not less) hours to go from whatever the time stamp is on this post.

Working on my vow right now! Need to color up the warden, put another layer of red on the (actual) immortals’ cables, and ardcoat the shoulder pads. (Basing can wait :P) Looking to be done in an hour! Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

image0.jpg

Chrome. Plated.

Candy. Coated.

image1.jpg

And I spilled some Nuln oil, but not as much as I might have without the little GW anti-spill thing.

(With my watch to prove this is before 8 EST)

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Won't be able to finish, have a plasmacyte, 5 warriors and the overlord most of the way done, but not close enough to finish today. I have 5 warriors and 3 skorpekhs fully done and based though.

I'll finish them this upcoming week and put up the post of shame when they're done though

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

My eyes have had enough now!

Job done. The final 835 points completed. Vow complete. Huzzah!

<snip>

I love the reposing you did for these guys!

Thanks dude :) thankfully it was very easy but means my 6 dude squad look sufficiently different to each other.

More mates for the skorpekh lord too :D

THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED.

Huge thank you to everyone who was involved, you should all be proud of what you've accomplished.

Please over the next two days take a moment and make sure I have your list of Vows correctly marked down, if there's anything amiss please post up here and I will fix it. Once that time has passed I'll close this thread and open a new thread where I will hand out the badges, post totals in a final rundown, and, of course, for you all to show off group pics of your now wonderfully painted collections!! :yes::thumbsup:

Edited by NTaW

Would that thread include batreps, by chance?
I played a game today with these guys between lunch and the close of event.

Shiny model syndrome did not plague my reanimator, somehow. I figure it's the only game I'll get out of it with it surviving til the end. :P

Also been a massive motivator to get stuff done too.

DPL congrats on avoiding shiny model syndrome! My Praetorians took two games to find their groove lol.

I know, right? These immortals had been built and mostly greenstuffed for a year. It was time they got painted.

And my opponent knows next time to remove the reanimator (and maybe don’t dump and entire turn of a knight’s shooting into three scarabs just to clear an objective)

Also been a massive motivator to get stuff done too.

DPL congrats on avoiding shiny model syndrome! My Praetorians took two games to find their groove lol.

I know, right? These immortals had been built and mostly greenstuffed for a year. It was time they got painted.

And my opponent knows next time to remove the reanimator (and maybe don’t dump and entire turn of a knight’s shooting into three scarabs just to clear an objective)

Lol fantastic targetting choice