The Royal Awakening: Prepare for Battle!

NTaW

Miek as simple as they are those Scarabs look great. Everything will be even better once based but I'd like to think given the fancy textured options we have access to these days that will be the "easy" part.

01RTB01 gogogo! Only three days left but it looks like you've got it under control.

Miek as simple as they are those Scarabs look great. Everything will be even better once based but I'd like to think given the fancy textured options we have access to these days that will be the "easy" part.

01RTB01 gogogo! Only three days left but it looks like you've got it under control.

Thank you kindly :) should be reet!

Also echo the scarabs look great.

Edited by 01RTB01

Dread, I'm glad to hear of a swift recovery and those Necrons look great as well! The metallic blue is real nice.

01RTB01 you definitely got the noctilith look from the artwork down! That Monolith will make an excellent centrepiece for your collection.

Congrats all around for the work that I'm seeing! I am glad to announce that my second vow is now complete:

1 Szeras

1 Lord

1 Reanimator

3 Scarabs

3 Lokhust Heavy Destroyers

10 Warriors

For 725pts (unless you count the Res Orb)

50574637903_fa4609ad6e_k.jpgIMG_0765 by Ari Dakkadakka, on Flickr

And here are a couple of group photos from both vows:

50574637163_8882707bf6_k.jpgIMG_0766 by Ari Dakkadakka, on Flickr

50575509712_b524c2e423_k.jpgIMG_0767 by Ari Dakkadakka, on Flickr

Just want to say thank you to the organisers - the Royal Awakening really helped with my motivation. I am sure I would not have done it without this!! 

The Grand Total of both vows is therefore 2085pts.

PHAREON BABY :woot: :cool.: :yes: 

PS once everything is varnished I will make a thread with closeups!

Edited by Arbiter7

Congrats all around for the work that I'm seeing! I am glad to announce that my second vow is now complete:

1 Szeras

1 Lord

1 Reanimator

3 Scarabs

3 Lokhust Heavy Destroyers

10 Warriors

For 725pts (unless you count the Res Orb)

50574637903_fa4609ad6e_k.jpgIMG_0765 by Ari Dakkadakka, on Flickr

And here are a couple of group photos from both vows:

50574637163_8882707bf6_k.jpgIMG_0766 by Ari Dakkadakka, on Flickr

50575509712_b524c2e423_k.jpgIMG_0767 by Ari Dakkadakka, on Flickr

Just want to say thank you to the organisers - the Royal Awakening really helped with my motivation. I am sure I would not have done it without this!! 

The Grand Total of both vows is therefore 2085pts.

PHAREON BABY :woot: :cool.: :yes: 

PS once everything is varnished I will make a thread with closeups!

Looking great.

That purple really works well.

Yeah it looks really awesome Arbiter7, good job phaeron!

Love the monolith 01RTB01, especially the black body. It's very ominous.

I hope your recovery is quick and well entertained Dread (i.e.: that you're not too weak to enjoy yourself), and I'm looking forward to seeing how you'll base your blue crons.

And second vow done! Sort of Based the reanimator because it didn't feel right leaving some of those bits (redemptor fist, etc) unpainted.

image0.jpg?width=895&height=671

the whole vow

image1.jpg?width=895&height=671

Chittering flash mob go!

image0.jpg

I see no god up here, except me!

image1.jpg

I'm sorry, we heard you disliked our master's music. That requires termination.

image0.jpg?width=504&height=672

The Disgraced Prince in his splendor

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

Alright, I'mma get some lunch and then decide if I want to have a go at painting some immortals right quick before the deadline....

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Here we go lads, got 15 immortals and a Royal Warden ready to march to war in addition to my other two vowsz

1 Royal Warden 75 pts

2x5 Tesla immortals: 190 pts

1x5 gauss immortals: 85 pts

350 total points for this vow.

image0.jpg

Weather came up good so I actually have a chance to get this done!

There is some seriously great work in this thread, makes me a bit apologetic for my own contribution! That said, here is vow number four completed:

gallery_84244_16660_267399.jpg

I managed to run out of the correct paint for the bases on 5 of the Warriors so I'm hoping to sneak through as complete anyway. I'm also a little disappointed I didn't get these done sooner, as I had the Void Dragon lined up for my 5th vow and would have loved to have had a go at getting him done. Ah well, still managed to complete a fair chunk of stuff in total so I can't complain too much!

Just curious, but what time does the event end? Being an American, I want to make sure I don't wait until the afternoon to finish just to find out that it was based on CET or something.

No penalties for incomplete Vows and let's say 8pm EST November 8th is the cutoff for those painting right down to the wire. It may be a bit later but not earlier and I will post a reminder as we get closer to the deadline.

Thank you.

I've got highlights and basing left to do on my Skorpekhs. Just wanted to make sure I didn't need to turn in an early morning painting session.

One day left!

Holy smokes these are all some wonderful looking models. I feel like there could be a quite glorious gallery with all the completed Vows we've seen pass through this thread.

12 hours left!!

Mr4Minutes so long as we have your word you did all the work after your last Vow and you can post a picture of the completed model before event's end I'll count it.

01RTB01 you and a friend of mine are making compelling arguments that I should buy a Void Dragon model :lol: