Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Royal Awakening: Prepare for Battle!

• Please log in to reply
330 replies to this topic

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,299 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons
It may have been a mistake but I advised him to do neither of those things ever again. Tactics that rely on your enemy making poor choices are poor tactics. (Of course, scarabs that go un-killed are scarabs that are scoring points or detonating themselves for mortal wounds.)

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Nemesor Tyriks

Nemesor Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,634 posts

Fantastic work has been done for this event. Very inspiring.
I finished a CCB the other day, but completely forgot to vow him lol.
Oh well. This event was a great motivator and I look forwards to the next one.

I did the same thin with a Hexmark, even took before pictures, but I had to get it painted for a game so I was in too much of a hurry to get it done to remember to vow it.

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

++ CRUDIOR ÆTERNO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 1,299 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

Also been a massive motivator to get stuff done too.

DPL congrats on avoiding shiny model syndrome! My Praetorians took two games to find their groove lol.

I know, right? These immortals had been built and mostly greenstuffed for a year. It was time they got painted.

And my opponent knows next time to remove the reanimator (and maybe don’t dump and entire turn of a knight’s shooting into three scarabs just to clear an objective)
Lol fantastic targetting choice 🤣 im hoping we get to play 50 power in our next games. Regardless, I want to play the monolith, looks awesome and deserves table time 😁

How did you find the reanimator? Lots of grumbles but I reckon that and a technomancer or lord and orb could get very irritating!
If an opponent doesn’t target it, surprisingly tanky. It took two two-damage shots and rolled well on its armor saves, since he was only targeting it with AP-1 guns. It saved a bunch of warriors, I will say. Unfortunately, when I tried rezzing my lychguard with it and the orb, it didn’t help.

Edit: living metal makes it pretty tough too.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch, 09 November 2020 - 05:02 AM.

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper. Brian Blaire: Bolted for emphasis
There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts
gallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshopgallery_26154_15777_16051.png
Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 2/9/1 wh40k 8th 0/0/0 Kill Team
Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0 wh40k 8th 1/1/0 Kill Team

Miek

Miek

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 303 posts
  • Faction: Necrons
Thanks again for this event, it motivated me to paint more these past few months than I have in the past 20 years! I still have no idea when I'll get to play, but I'm currently painting the Immortals and Cryptothralls I need to have my 1000 pts list fully painted for my next game (still haven't received my new bases but those already have the correct one).

Next will be my overlord conversion for the Tohakh dynasty, with its gravitational beam emitter (relic arrow)!

Edited by Miek, 09 November 2020 - 12:06 PM.

• Arbiter7, Nemesor Tyriks and NTaW like this

Valkia the Bloody

Valkia the Bloody

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 151 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Thank you for organizing this!

Without it, my Indomitus Necrons would still sit unpainted on my shelf...

I did find a mistake in my tally however- I did indeed finish these Wraiths, and proof pictures can be found on page 9 of this thread.

I also painted one additional warrior, but I am not sure if you want to include him or not. :P

• NTaW likes this

sml-gallery-48988-16308-4210.png                       gallery_30308_9518_2576.jpg

NTaW

NTaW

++ SUSPECTAVI VENEFICI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,601 posts

Oof, see that's what I mean! I even commented on their completion.

Entry amended, Valkia. :tu:

• Valkia the Bloody likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users