The Royal Awakening: Prepare for Battle!

NTaW

Got my base paints restocked (for now, but the FLGS only had one pot so I'll be out again soon). So, I'll have a second vow when I decide how much of my second Indomitus I want to build. I'm tempted to stash the HQs in case the codex gives new load outs to convert, but we will see.

Toyship I'd say you're nailing the grimdark look. It'll be good to see them powered up and glowing green! :tu:

Spinsanity perhaps verdigris against the orange? It could offer an aged look while also giving the eyes some contrast. Regardless of how you go I'm stoked to see how it turns out.

Manat welcome to the Royal Awakening! Your Plasmancer will be a useful addition to the growing force rising to the Silent King's call. Do you have any paint scheme in particular in mind?

01RTB01 those murderbots are looking great, way to keep the momentum going! Never apologize for posting consecutive updates we all could be painting more I'm sure (I know for sure I could be :sweat:).

Tyriks saving characters for late-game Vows on more of a time constraint could be perfect for getting in a few more points completed. Swapping a weapon hand isn't so hard, right? Those were never the 'famous last words' of any hobbyist before diving in on a task.

Me, I've painted some silver on one Scythe. Better watch out before I eclipse you all with my productivity. :laugh.:

Edited by NTaW

My second batch of 20 warriors are under way. Spraying with runelord has meant that I've got to then base the guns, boney bits, knees and spines with iron hands. It's slowing me down! Lol

I've also accidentally bought two boxes of lychguard/ Praetorians, a Spyder, box of immortals/ Deathmarks and a triarch stalker...

Currently thinking Praetorians with rods, stalker with ?!?!, Deathmarks. Any thoughts?

Praetorians with Rods do look very tasty right now so I definitely second that. I am thinking I need to pick up some Heat Rays for my Triarch Stalkers now since the HGC isn't going to be nearly as effective for anti armor, but if you don't use yours that way it might not be the best option.

As for Deathmarks, depending on cost they still might not be super useful. The new gun on its own might deter people from being as bold with their HQs but its not very likely to actually kill a character without a lot of support (but it can). That said though I have had fun with my Deathmarks even with their current, nearly useless gun profile (a squad seriously failed to kill a single grot one time) so if you aren't trying to be super competitive go for it.

Mr4Minutes those Destroyers look great very clean painting on them! What colour is that blue on the legs/ankh coffin?? I don't know why but it's screaming at my eyes I can't look away :lol: I may need to paint it on some sprue or something to keep at my desk here.

Stupidity is there a Vow in there I can add in for you? It would seem as though your Ghost Ark and Tomb Blades are primed and ready for the event, in the spirit of inclusion if you painted the Cryptek and Wraith during the time of the event I will make the Vow for the picture's full content otherwise since they are already completed models they will be ineligible.

dice4thedicegod welcome!! Those are some excellent looking Flayed Ones and (I think..?) the 2nd conversions entered into the event so far :tu: 

01RTB01 I love those accidental purchases. Oh crap, did I click buy there? Shucks. Can't cancel the order now.. :whistling: Here's a wonderfully off-topic ramble regarding your questions on units:

All through 8th I loved my Lychguard (sword+shield) but it wouldn't have been an easy choice for me had Praetorians had 2D weapons at the time (though I also widely use their Rods as Staffs for my characters too). Their faster movement has me jealous since I'm pretty much forced in my games to use the Veil of Darkness to keep my Lychguard relevant for the whole game. My Spyder is essentially points filler that sits hidden with my DDA backfield since any time I moved it up with Scarabs my opponents singled it out too easily with shooting. I would love for this to change since now that I've painted it I really like the model. I have gauss Immortals that sat out most of 8th but will absolutely be coming back for 9th I think and a full squad of Deathmarks I built because I like the models but I never got to play them. If they keep their interrupt arrival/shooting ability I look forward to using them to mess with my Eldar friends who like dropping in/relocating characters. My Stalker I played almost every game I think. Since I used my heavy gauss cannons on Destroyers to make Heavies without actually proxying anything I've pretty much always used the particle shredder and am -stoked- for it in 9th with 8 shots and flat 2D. Combined with vehicles ignoring the Heavy move/shoot penalty and it's looking at keeping a permanent spot in my lists skittering along supporting Warrior squads.

Now for our first weekly update! I know some of us have been chipping away at this for three weeks now, but this little breakdown will be a regular appearance moving forward.

We're currently sitting at 19 Frater involved in the Awakening, with 23 Vows made and 7 completed -- that 30.43% would have been higher if 4 of us hadn't made our 2nd Vows! It's a shame there's no song for being "less than halfway there" else it could be on our "get psyched" mix :lol

So far we've collectively painted 1,745 points for the Silent King out of a total 10,130 Vowed (!!!!). That's only 17.23% complete, which I think we will see turn around quite sharply when some of the Indomitus sets Vowed start showing up painted.

Onward fellow Phaerons! There's more work to be done!!

My second batch of 20 warriors are under way. Spraying with runelord has meant that I've got to then base the guns, boney bits, knees and spines with iron hands. It's slowing me down! Lol

I've also accidentally bought two boxes of lychguard/ Praetorians, a Spyder, box of immortals/ Deathmarks and a triarch stalker...

Currently thinking Praetorians with rods, stalker with ?!?!, Deathmarks. Any thoughts?

Crazy guy...accidentally buying all those extra Necron models !! ;-)

Isn’t it funny how a brass basecoat actually slows you down more... >.<

Well done to all those doing vows !!

Mithril

Well, for as quick as the airbrush stages went, the brush stuff has taken me considerably longer than I expected. What I was hoping to get done in 2 weeks has now passed three, but we're closing in on the finish line, and it's still much, much faster than anything else I paint.

med_gallery_14776_14614_74185.jpg

All I have left is edge highlights, touch-ups, and some light weathering before I can paint the rim black and call it done.

Ya I painted them over the last three days. I just joined the forum so I didn't know there was a necron painting event when I started them. 

Thank you for the consideration. 

Oh hey, look at that. Welcome to the B&C, and as well to the Royal Awakening! I have (/am about to) include your 1st Vow on the main post. Mephrit has a great colour scheme, I look forward to seeing those Tomb Blades and the Ghost Ark done up in green and orange.

My white ink and bright green ink finally came! I have a complete unit of 10 warriors of the Szarekhan Dynasty complete, and my first Vow completion!

GpSKm0k.jpg

JncyMwe.jpg

jsKcN8G.jpg

Really happy with how these guys came out, so I will be making another, bigger, vow!

For my second Vow I, Toyship, pledge to paint two units of 10 Warriors, a unit of 5 Deathmarks, two units of 3 Scarab Swarms, and an Overlord for a total of 500pts. Upon completion I should sit at 620pts!

Really digging everyones entries thus far, I plan to make more detailed comments at a later date. Back to the Tomb World to awaken more legions for the Silent King!

Really great stuff in here. Loving the variations and colour schemes.

NTaW it’s Citadels Lothern Blue. My paint scheme is a play off Nihilakh dynasty. But only the favored of the Phaeron receive gold.

The unworthy are in bronze and brass.

I then merge colours with whatever dynasty we absorb . In the case of the Skorpekh units were once Novokh, hence the red and white.

Well I need a new project and I have an old getting started for an army idea. Might as well get started.

I, Focslain, pledge to paint up a command barge and 10 warriors. About 300 points.

We serve the Dragon.

His fire gives us life.

The darkness binds us.

In the darkness he stirs.

Be wary the dragon's wrath.

GLORIOUS VOWS!! ...but more importantly...GLORIOUS VOW COMPLETIONS!!!! 

Toyshipreally like how you've done those Warriors. If I had known about that white ink I'd have been using it for my blue forever!! I look forward to seeing it spread across your 2nd Vow :yes:

dice4thedicegod wow those are absolutely gruesome. Excellent job completing your first vow and for what it's worth I think you should absolutely splash some gore across those bases. Will we see more of your army awaken in Vow #2?

Mr4Minutes you know, I have that blue but never gave it a chance because I was looking for Ice Blue and that wasn't it. I'm going to have to revisit that paint elsewhere, it's quite nice. Your army will have a good amount of colour compared to (dare I say) most Necron armies out there as a result of your scheme, good on you sprucing it up! :tu:

Focslain welcome, and a follower of the Void Dragon! How stoked were you when that model was revealed?

I will have to figure out a way of posting here and painting at the same time. Perhaps talk-to-text next time? Gotta optimize all the minutes these days :lol: