The Royal Awakening: Prepare for Battle!

NTaW

01RTB01 indeed, and confirmed with today's article we'll be seeing the Codex as well as the Doomstalker and Lokhust Heavy Destroyer kits go up for preorder this weekend. Considering your pace I doubt you're worried about having 4 weeks to complete any additions before the end of the event.

Halandaar congratulations on completing your 2nd Vow! Do I see some reposed Skorpekh Destroyers there, and a 3rd Vow right away? Your legions awaken with great speed!

Stupidity well done completing your 2nd Vow! I sympathize with the issue of having existing painted Wraiths on 40mm bases. I look forward to more stability but will have to make adapters since I don't want to even try cutting them off their current bases. Looks like we'll have the Codex in hand with 4 weeks remaining in the event, hopefully that will be enough time for us all to make some more educated decisions about how to grow our collections.

Miek I sympathize. Let's hope we can carve out some time next week, eh? :tu:

Now for the weekly update! 

We've had two Vows completed and one added new, so let's look at where we're at with point totals.

With 1,360 added to the total we're at 9,578 completed out of 18,343 vowed. Thats 52.22% and we're past the halfway mark.

To those 15 outstanding Vows (including my own): the time is now! With the Codex out in two weeks we'll be left with four to muster what forces best compliment our methods of waging war before the Awakening...er...has woke? :facepalm: :lol: No time like the present to get painting! :yes:

So some good news from me- I have completed my first vow- painting all the Indomitus Necrons!

Finally some progress!

Today I finished the characters.

:D

characters1.jpg

Indomitus-Necrons.jpg

As I have posted above, I already got a few more Necrons, and therefore, I am making my second vow-

I, Valkia the Bloody, pledge to complete another 10 warriors, 3 scarabs and a Cryptek for the glory of the Silent King.

:D

I think these come at 245 points?

Here they are,

I already started to put some paint onto them...

Next-batch-WIP.jpg

After I finished those, it is REALLY high time I go back to my Chaos army and work on those converted Indomitus Primaris marines who have been staring at me accusingly from the display cabinet... :p

Valkia they look awesome, great job!

NTaW as I've actually picked up a brush for the first time in weeks I'm hoping to have my vow complete by the time this wave arrives. Think my final declaration will be 3 lokhusts, probably not szarekh as I'd rather not rush him.

Fingers crossed. How's the doom scythes coming along?

NTaW as I've actually picked up a brush for the first time in weeks I'm hoping to have my vow complete by the time this wave arrives. Think my final declaration will be 3 lokhusts, probably not szarekh as I'd rather not rush him.

Fingers crossed. How's the doom scythes coming along?

Glad to hear you've revitalized your efforts! On my end between work, developing my 3d designs/printing orders, and two kids (one only a week older than this thread) I'm still picking my way through the first. I do hope to have some brush time this week though, at this point I'm tempted to bring my pot of ledbelcher, a Scythe, and a brush in to work to paint a minute on my lunch break. That's an effective use of time right? :lol:

01RTB01 indeed, and confirmed with today's article we'll be seeing the Codex as well as the Doomstalker and Lokhust Heavy Destroyer kits go up for preorder this weekend. Considering your pace I doubt you're worried about having 4 weeks to complete any additions before the end of the event.

Halandaar congratulations on completing your 2nd Vow! Do I see some reposed Skorpekh Destroyers there, and a 3rd Vow right away? Your legions awaken with great speed!

Stupidity well done completing your 2nd Vow! I sympathize with the issue of having existing painted Wraiths on 40mm bases. I look forward to more stability but will have to make adapters since I don't want to even try cutting them off their current bases. Looks like we'll have the Codex in hand with 4 weeks remaining in the event, hopefully that will be enough time for us all to make some more educated decisions about how to grow our collections.

Miek I sympathize. Let's hope we can carve out some time next week, eh? :thumbsup:

Now for the weekly update! 

We've had two Vows completed and one added new, so let's look at where we're at with point totals.

With 1,360 added to the total we're at 9,578 completed out of 18,343 vowed. Thats 52.22% and we're past the halfway mark.

To those 15 outstanding Vows (including my own): the time is now! With the Codex out in two weeks we'll be left with four to muster what forces best compliment our methods of waging war before the Awakening...er...has woke? :facepalm: :laugh.: No time like the present to get painting! :yes:

@NTaW

I don't see my name in the list. I have finished my vow.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/365776-the-royal-awakening-prepare-for-battle/?p=5597654

Edited by Mechanicus_Adept

Mechanicus_Adept many apologies! I will add it immediately after posting. I see now the updated post with your completed Warriors and Scarabs, have you completed the Royal Warden and the Overlord as well now? Loving those goblin green looking bases by the way. Really takes me back to the grim darkness of exclusively fighting in grassy fields :lol:

Valkia the Bloody excellent looking Necrons, and well done completing your first Vow. What's a few more metal skeletons between Phaerons anyway, right? At present, ie for the next week, that Vow stands at 260 assuming the Cryptek has a canoptek cloak.

Mr4Minutes those 5 Wraiths will very likely serve you well if the Codex reviews and leaks are to be trusted. Excellent choice for a 2nd Vow!

dice4thedicegod that Nightbringer is looking pretty cool and by the sounds of it would be a whopping 350 point Vow by itself, though with vastly improved killing power accordingly.

Miek Stalker's looking pretty cool man! :lol: Right as I typed that my wife walked by (I have two browsers open for these posts) and even commented "that's cool looking".

Haha nice, tell her I said thanks!

Quick question: will you count the final points considering the new codex, or the cost at the time the vows were made?

Edit: Progress update. I'll try to do a red to yellow gradient for the heat gun. Everything still needs work but I'm still really happy about it:

gallery_225534_16617_705311.jpg

Edited by Miek

Miek that Stalker is really picking up as you add details! All points costs will be reassessed (I knew it was coming, but still....sigh) when the new Codex drops. By the looks of things so far this looks like a fair bump for most completions too.

Speaking of completions! I know I'm a day late but here's our weekly numbers:

We've hit 25 people involved painting away at their zombie robots from spaaaaaace with 37 Vows made and 22 completed.

Those 37 Vows total a whopping 19,403 points and those 22 completions just cracked 10k resting at 10,618 points! This is going to see a surge when I recalculate everything in the coming weeks for sure but wow that's a lot of painted models. Between the Codex's point bump and some new models coming our way this last month will be crunch time for those numbers. That's right people! THIS LAST MONTH!!!! ....well, month +3 days anyway.

*hard stare at lone Doom Scythe now featuring finished silver

Mechanicus_Adept many apologies! I will add it immediately after posting. I see now the updated post with your completed Warriors and Scarabs, have you completed the Royal Warden and the Overlord as well now? Loving those goblin green looking bases by the way. Really takes me back to the grim darkness of exclusively fighting in grassy fields :lol:

I have posted the last two remaining model. http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/365776-the-royal-awakening-prepare-for-battle/page-5?do=findComment&comment=5597654

BTW my signature was edited by admin/moderator (i do not know for sure) I never got a message telling me what was wrong with signature. Any clue to help out?

Edited by Mechanicus_Adept

Mechanicus_Adept many apologies! I will add it immediately after posting. I see now the updated post with your completed Warriors and Scarabs, have you completed the Royal Warden and the Overlord as well now? Loving those goblin green looking bases by the way. Really takes me back to the grim darkness of exclusively fighting in grassy fields :laugh.:

I have posted the last two remaining model. http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/365776-the-royal-awakening-prepare-for-battle/page-5?do=findComment&comment=5597654

BTW my signature was edited by admin/moderator (i do not know for sure) I never got a message telling me what was wrong with signature. Any clue to help out?

I happens to me about once a month. Some update to the forum causes my sig to change just enough to trigger the edit. I just got back, remove the edit and I'm fine. Just double check your sig when reapplying.

Halandaar congratulations on completing your 2nd Vow! Do I see some reposed Skorpekh Destroyers there

Yes indeed, I didn't want the two units to be exact duplicates of each other so I did a little reposing; nothing too complicated and at least one of them looks a bit dodgy, but it serves the purpose I wanted it to!

gallery_84244_16660_370460.jpg

I've got most of the base colours down on my next set of Warriors, hoping to get that vow finished in time for new goodies arriving at the weekend!

image0.jpg

The Naculan are not out of this fight yet!

(Technically none of these are naculan, as the cryptek stuff is only loosely associated with Rezak the Executioner, and Disgraced Prince Rakzan is a client lord, and the Khansu are a client dynasty.)

I blame college for not giving me any time to prime, and GW for not stocking leadbelcher spray online and forcing me to purchase it through other means.

I’m open to suggestions for how to paint the canoptek stuff, as I have a habit of making my crypteks wildly different from the actual dynasty main forces.

Coming in late here, but got to get in on some of this.

For my first vow, I, WrathOfTheLion, pledge to paint ten Necron warriors and three Skorpekh destroyers for the Maynarkh dynasty. I do not know how many points that is, since I do not have the codex yet.

Having a bit of trouble finding the correct color scheme for the Maynarkh, so I would appreciate any help on that.

Will upload sprue pictures tomorrow.

Got the sprue pictures as the starting image. It includes all 20 warriors from indomitus, but I'm only going to do the ten for the first pledge.

If I can, I'll modify that first pledge now that I have the image to add the plasmacyte and royal warden overlord, for a total of ten necron warriors (120 points), three skorpekh destroyers/plasmacyte (135 points) and the royal warden (80 points) overlord (90 points?) judging by previous vows, for a total of 345 points.

Edit: looks like this is the overlord, not the royal warden, painting him I guess then, but need to find out his points.

OCkW4bg.jpg
Edited by NTaW
Merged posts.

Second vow complete (I've already posted my deceiver above)!

gallery_225534_16611_98710.jpg

Gotta think about what to paint next, I'd also like to reach the 1000 pts mark with my third vow. Will ponder and report.

Edit: For my third vow, I'll paint a nightbringer, 5 deathmarks and 5 lychguards with boards and Praetorian backpacks because I thought it looked cool:

gallery_225534_16617_53735.jpg

P.s.: Nighty isn't primed, I simply emptied my airbrush on it a while back for no reason.

Edited by Miek

Miek, it looks truly awesome! Looking forward to seeing your next bits complete.

I've got a 25 power crusade game tomorrow night with everything painted and will be based. We're doing a local narrative campaign. Opening gambit is raven guard investigating something within the Nexus and we'll use the narrative atmosphere rules from beyond the veil.

Royal Warden

10 reapers

10 gauss flayers

6 scarab swarms

Spyder

Is the force being deployed. Seemed appropriate for an awakening rather than wade in with skorpekhs and Praetorians!

My vow is nearing completion although the stalker is yet to be started...

By Tuesday I'm hoping for vow completion and the arrival of some heavy support and a king of whom I hope this force is worthy :D

Mechanicus_Adept most excellent work on your 1st Vow! Your Royal Warden in particular keeps catching my eye.

Eternal Despair that purple!! :drool: What a great colour scheme. Will you be adding more to the party?

Halandaar you've given me hope for nabbing up a second set and repositioning them for variety. They are such cool models.

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch (so formal typing it all out :tongue.:) is there a second Vow in that box you can sneak in around your other obligations? My suggestion for the murderbots is to paint them like Hack and Slash and your Plasmancer like Megabyte.

WrathOfTheLion welcome to the Awakening! I think Maynarkh are dark and rusty with orange energy. This video looks like it ends with a cool looking model: YouTube link. No worries about points right now, with the imminent Codex release I'll have to redo the whole list of Vows anyway.

Miek good call on the orange in the heat ray, and well done completing Vow 2! Moving right into a solid 3rd Vow too, the Nightbringer is one of my favourite 40k models and I'm quite looking forward to what you come up with for it.

01RTB01 nice! Wish I was getting a game in, it's been so long I might just start rolling dice casually to get the feel again :lol: Good luck! :tu: