The Royal Awakening: Prepare for Battle!

NTaW

Thanks NTaW! I'll worry about points when it's all done then.

I've seen that video before, but I think it's not quite right compared to the Forge World art that I've seen. I think I'm going to do similar to the Szarekhan, with brass as the main, but orange as the energy color.

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch (so formal typing it all out :tongue.:) is there a second Vow in that box you can sneak in around your other obligations? My suggestion for the murderbots is to paint them like Hack and Slash and your Plasmancer like Megabyte.

That's the idea! I'll report points for this vow once my codex arrives in the mail (and pray the uni doesn't lose it or force me to trudge all the way across campus for it). 

Speaking of ideas, one has hit me to paint these guys up for a sonomancer plasmancer, one that no one likes, so I'm considering to paint her up as an EDM person, with shrieks et al like the doom scythe engines have. Megabyte and HacknSlash weren't a bad suggestion, but I suppose I am looking for a more integrated/similar scheme for the cryptek and associated canoptek gribblies. Torn between black, green, and maybe yellow and some variety of purple and pink. 

Prince Rakzan is almost done, actually, just waiting on my order to arrive with a detail brush so I can get the little things and do some clean-up.

First foray into crusade led to extermination of the raven guard. Next mission will be his attempt to rescue his captain using the capture the relic mission :) have to say playing crons again, they "feel like crons" :) happy days!

Painting underway again once kids are asleep.

Belated obs, gauss reapers are now assault instead of rapid fire as per Indomitus...

Vow 2 completed!

https://imgur.com/gallery/bvLMijE

These Wraiths were a grind. I’ve had them in a state of primed for years and am glad to finally have them finished. I’ve got 3 more with whip coils but they’ll be waiting a bit for paint. I don’t know why, but I found them so tedious to paint.

Now to look for what to paint next!

Some progress, I'm pleasantly surprised that it took under 4 hours to get to this point. I'll mostly add gold on the LG and do the weapons but the color scheme won't change much:

gallery_225534_16617_409290.jpg

Edit: P.s.: 4h is probably not very fast, but it's a good improvement.

Edited by Miek

Greetings ! 

I'm almost done with my 1st vow, photos to come by the end of this month. Already decided on the 2nd vow (possibly on the third). PHAERON OR BUST

Question:

Now that the new codex is out, how do we calculate points? E.g. I got three Lokhust heavy destroyers - will they count for 210 per new codex or 120 per old?

Question:

Now that the new codex is out, how do we calculate points? E.g. I got three Lokhust heavy destroyers - will they count for 210 per new codex or 120 per old?

Hi, NTaW already confirmed he would update the points of all vows per the latest codex. I'll admit that's why I included the nightbringer in my last vow :D

2 C'tans go a long way towards a 1000 pts!

I, toaae, pledge to paint a unit of 3 Skorpekh Destroyers, totaling at 105 points.

med_gallery_14776_14614_152174.jpg

Well, I've decided to focus on my Necrons as my "the pandemic never ends" project. I hope the simple scheme and low cost will keep me going until I can start playing games again, which in turn will motivate me to paint my more intense and intricate Sisters of Battle and Orks.

Seeing as how we have a little under a month left, I figure that’s plenty of time for one more vow. Unfortunately I still haven’t received any of the new releases for this month, so it’s some older stuff.

I pledge:

1 C’tan shard of the Deceiver

10 Necron Warriors with Gauss Reapers.

https://imgur.com/gallery/hbj3sYO

Quick note: long weekend here in Canada and I forgot when Sunday was. I'll be redoing all the points of the Vows some time this week so I'll post a (not-so) weekly update this weekend once I have that all figured out. Sure looks like extra points for everyone!

Quick note: long weekend here in Canada and I forgot when Sunday was. I'll be redoing all the points of the Vows some time this week so I'll post a (not-so) weekly update this weekend once I have that all figured out. Sure looks like extra points for everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving! Whereabouts are you? We're over in Dawson, northern BC :)

So I finished my second vow!

You might notice that an additional warrior sneaked into there- he is the one that comes with the beginners booklet. So I painted 11 instead of 10 warriors.

So this makes one Technomancer, 11 warriors and 3 scarabs ready to follow the call of the Silent King!

Vow-second1.jpg

The Technomancer is a very sizeable model and even towers over the new Skorpekh destroyers. I like the miniature, he looks pretty cool and dynamic riding on his spider.

Technomancer.jpg

Still, overall, I really like the new look of the scarabs and they are among my favorites- maybe this is why I have by now painted up 12 of them. :D

Vow-second-2.jpg

Right, now if you excuse me, I can hear the call of the Dark Gods getting louder.

I am off to paint up some Chaos. :p

Finally managed a trip to the local Games Workshop (too much going on in the past few weeks).

Picked up the new codex.

Also decided to get some Wraiths, because the models look great- like giant metal Alien face huggers. :D

Oh, and I also managed to pick up my ordered Ripper Jackson. :p

So I guess I try to get another vow done before the deadline.

Not sure if I make it or if I am just more motivated to paint my Chaos. Depends.

We will see.

I, Valkia the Bloody, vow to paint 3 Wraiths (105 points) for the glory of the Silent King. This will be my third vow.

Wraiths-and-Ripper.jpg

Holy smokes you all are a busy lot!! The Silent King expects no less, I'm sure :lol:

WrathofTheLion it sounds like you've got an idea, you're right there really doesn't seem to be much information on the Maynarkh colour scheme. I look forward to seeing how yours come out!

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch fiiine maybe I'll see about painting my own with hints of Reboot added in :lol: For what it's worth seeing some yellow in there would be nice I bet.

Mr4Minutes well done completing your 2nd Vow! My Wraiths were a similar grind, I think it took well over a year to finally get the 6 of them completed. Good luck completing your 3rd Vow!

Manat I sympathize with computer troubles. If you would like to troubleshoot some photo posting issues feel free to send me a message and we'll figure something out. :tu:

toaae excellent 2nd Vow, and such a cool unit! The one looking down over the elbow while swinging the sword arm is my favourite for sure.

Valkia the Bloody well done completing Vow number 2! I also was pleasantly surprised by the (now) Technomancer model. Way bigger than I thought it would be and very nicely detailed. Ooo and that blue! Cant wait to see those Wraiths done up. Are you planning on making use of any of their wargear options?

Nemesor Tyriks so many more Necrons! Jeeze with the points bump I bet you've got quite the apocalypse army painted now. Can't wait to see the Doomstalker and Lokhust in your fancy purples.

Hurray for productivity! Now to get back to my calculator and that list of Vows....

Well...

I'd ordered szarekh, 3 lokhusts and a Doomstalker...

Szarekh is finally on the way but the rest isn't... Yet.

Consequently from my local store I've picked up a lokhust heavy tonight and built that. My Praetorians and deathmarks are all but done I'll start the stalker this weekend.

Getting these plus the lone lokhust I have will put my over 2k.

Not convinced anything else will arrive in time for a final vow. May chuck in the lokhust and 20 warriors as a final vow but I'll see how the weekend painting goes.

Holy smokes you all are a busy lot!! The Silent King expects no less, I'm sure :laugh.:

WrathofTheLion it sounds like you've got an idea, you're right there really doesn't seem to be much information on the Maynarkh colour scheme. I look forward to seeing how yours come out!

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch fiiine maybe I'll see about painting my own with hints of Reboot added in :laugh.: For what it's worth seeing some yellow in there would be nice I bet.

Mr4Minutes well done completing your 2nd Vow! My Wraiths were a similar grind, I think it took well over a year to finally get the 6 of them completed. Good luck completing your 3rd Vow!

Manat I sympathize with computer troubles. If you would like to troubleshoot some photo posting issues feel free to send me a message and we'll figure something out. :thumbsup:

toaae excellent 2nd Vow, and such a cool unit! The one looking down over the elbow while swinging the sword arm is my favourite for sure.

Valkia the Bloody well done completing Vow number 2! I also was pleasantly surprised by the (now) Technomancer model. Way bigger than I thought it would be and very nicely detailed. Ooo and that blue! Cant wait to see those Wraiths done up. Are you planning on making use of any of their wargear options?

Nemesor Tyriks so many more Necrons! Jeeze with the points bump I bet you've got quite the apocalypse army painted now. Can't wait to see the Doomstalker and Lokhust in your fancy purples.

Hurray for productivity! Now to get back to my calculator and that list of Vows....

For wargear options on the wraiths...

I am not sure.

I am assembling them with the transdimensional beamers because they look better.

But I am not sure yet how I want to use them and it does not really make a difference to my vow...

if you however want to add a few more points to the overall tally, feel free to add the 10 points per model. :p

I actually just bought these models on a whim because I liked the look, I did not even do any thinking yet about how they will fit in my army... :p

@Valkia: can you tell us/me how big the bases are for those wraiths? 

Still 40 mm or bigger? 

I have some 2nd hands here and will at least rebase them. 

And nice looking force you got there. Like I said earlier, I really like that blue :smile.:

Cheers,

Jan

I just measured them.

They are exactly 50mm/ 5cm / near 2 inches.

So they have been on smaller bases before? I would think that that would have made them a bit unstable.

Have a look-

wraiths-bases.jpg

That is the first I’ve heard of it. I’m now seriously tempted to upgrade mine so that they aren’t constantly tipping over and snapping their whipcoils.

Edit: this would of course require I acquire some 50mm bases. I wonder if I can nag someone to let me print some....

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch