The Royal Awakening: Prepare for Battle!

NTaW

Late to awaken the forces of the Almwat Dynasty shall commit to this marshalling. I, Brother Argent, vow to return to my Necron Tomb World (back from 3rd Edition) and paint one of the new fancy Necron Warrior Squads (I miss my green rods...) with Gauss Flayers to a total of 120 pts I think (I dont have a new Codex yet)

gallery_36568_16639_62005.jpg

Late to awaken the forces of the Almwat Dynasty shall commit to this marshalling. I, Brother Argent, vow to return to my Necron Tomb World (back from 3rd Edition) and paint one of the new fancy Necron Warrior Squads (I miss my green rods...) with Gauss Flayers to a total of 120 pts I think (I dont have a new Codex yet)

gallery_36568_16639_62005.jpg

According to the new Codex which I just got the warriors now went up to 13 points.... so that would be 130 points.

They're really tasty! Great job Miek! Your army is looking fabulous!

Thanks! I'm really happy about how they look compared to my first models (3D printed, modeled by me in 2018):

img_2010.jpg

I don't field these anymore - I have 3 official ones and 3 much improved 3d models - but it's fun to keep them as reminders.

Edited by Miek

Yeah I think so, my memory's a bit fuzzy but it rings a bell. Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch
No naming/linking 3d repository sites with GW reproductions

Valkia the Bloody the beamers certainly look cooler. I've recorded your Vow as such but if you build them another way it's not a problem.

Miek those models really are looking great! Waiting patiently for Nightbringer pics over here though :whistling:

01RTB01 I know the 8th edition Codex has a fair bit on unit markings, enough info I was able to concoct my own anyway (not that I've painted any of them really mind you, cuz you know...me actually painting :sweat::lol:).

Brother Argent welcome to the Awakening! Can't say I've heard many missing their green rods but there had to be those who liked them, glad you can settle for these embossed plastic pieces :tongue.: Valkia is correct those Warriors are 130 points altogether. Will you still be using the glassic green colour for your Dynasty's weaponry?

Mr4Minutes isn't that always the way with freshly painted models?? :down: Congratulations on chalking up yet another completed Vow! As always, they look excellent. I'm just now noticing the green sludge bases too! Have they always been a part of your scheme and I'm just blind?

Now for the 9th edition points update! For those of you who have included models with unique wargear (or just everyone in general maybe) please check that I have your total(s) correct.

We've reached 27 people involved now and have seen 9 new Vows made bringing us to a total of 46, 29 of which have been completed.

In total with the points shifts (I'm pretty sure) we have collectively Vowed to paint 22,355 points and completed 13,475.

Three more weeks to go everyone!

So guess what?

I actually finished painting these wraiths today.

I just thought- why not?

These were a quick and easy paint job.

So yes, this is my third vow complete! :biggrin.:

Including some gory dismembered Primaris on the bases.... :tongue.:

Wraiths.jpg

Actually, more than the Alien face huggers, these actually remind me of giant alien metal tapeworm larvae as the ones I found during my Masters degree.

Vicious claws at the mouth, long rolled up tail at the back, ready to spring from that harmless looking egg.... :tongue.:  (below is a tapeworm egg with said larva, you see the claws)

In truth this is possibly where the Alien designers got the idea from in the first place. Still, awesome and creepy design. :biggrin.:

tapeworm-closeup.jpg

Now I REALLY need to get back to my Chaos!!!!

:p

Edited by Valkia the Bloody

@Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch: Sorry for the external ref, will behave.

@Mr4Minutes: Nice but I'm curious, don't 2 warriors have a different head color? Any particular reason?

@NTaW: Haha well you'll probably have to wait 3 weeks for my Nightbringer, but I'm planning (ahem, hoping) on finishing the 5 lychguards today. I've done some testing for the blades and I think I've chosen my pattern. I'll try to post the final pic this evening.

@Valkia the Bloody: Yeah they look pretty great at hugging stuff (larva and wraith), another unit I need to complete & paint!

Now for the 9th edition points update! For those of you who have included models with unique wargear (or just everyone in general maybe) please check that I have your total(s) correct.

NTaW, here's my updated vow point list (which you might stick in the first post while you're at it :teehee: )

Disgraced Prince Rakszan: 100 (glaive and tachyon arrow)

murderbuckets: 40

chittering creepy-crawlies: 90

spindly boi: 110

I need to blow through these guys to get my next vow on and paint some proper Naculan again :happy.:

Fortunately Rakszan is done barring a base, and hopefully the scheme I've worked out for the canoptek stuff will be easy enough to replicate.

Have a progress pic. The scarabs will have green eyes but I'll batch-paint that after I basecoat them.

image0.jpg?width=895&height=671

image1.jpg?width=895&height=671

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Lychguards are done. Cleaning up and priming the nightbringer right after this post:

gallery_225534_16611_560858.jpg

Edit: BTW, I had some trouble deciding what to do with the blades. Here's one of my tests. Ended up deciding that what you see above is the best looking style I could do in a reasonable amount of time:

gallery_225534_16617_20211.jpg

Edited by Miek

Brother Argent welcome to the Awakening! Can't say I've heard many missing their green rods but there had to be those who liked them, glad you can settle for these embossed plastic pieces :tongue.: Valkia is correct those Warriors are 130 points altogether. Will you still be using the glassic green colour for your Dynasty's weaponry?

What can I say, I'm just bitter for the 'good old days'. I still have twenty or thirty odd old warriors unpainted that I am going to need to swap the weapons on.  As much as I like the old rods, I gotta move with the times I guess.  And as for how I will do the weapons, not sure.  I am thinking I will just do the current standard of orbs and in between.  Going to basically figure out how its all going to go together as I go.  

NTaW, Yes, my Necrons are all based with toxic slime. My buddy based his nurgle in a similar style. We are always fighting over a nurgle daemon/tomb world lol.

Hilariously I just had my first 2k 9th game and both the 10 warriors and the deceiver were the stars of the show. First time I’ve had newly painted models not whiff and die without doing anything lol.

Miek, the 2 special heads are really only painted for fluff reasons. My phaeron bestows the honour of wearing the sacred colours of his dynasty to those who amuse him or display acts that empower the dynasty. Of course the warriors have no clue what they’ve done or that they’ve even been marked out above the others. But, the Phaeron is pleases by seeing his colours on the field of battle.

Looks like I have once again managed to take bloody dreadful photos. Anyway, vow three is complete!

gallery_84244_16660_173678.jpg

And for vow four, I have:

10 Warriors with Gauss Reapers

3 Scarab Swarms

2 Lokhust Heavy Destroyers with Gauss Destructors

1 Canoptek Doomstalker

For a total of 455 points

gallery_84244_16660_131702.jpg

I love the stalker and the beer socks, the colors and details come out much better in the outdoors pics. I really like how you did the metal bits' edge highlights and weathering. That's one thing I want to work on, my models all look like they came right out of the paint shop (not necessarily a bad thing, but it feels less real that way)!

I love the stalker and the beer socks, the colors and details come out much better in the outdoors pics. I really like how you did the metal bits' edge highlights and weathering. That's one thing I want to work on, my models all look like they came right out of the paint shop (not necessarily a bad thing, but it feels less real that way)!

Thank you, that's very kind and much appreciated :smile.: outdoor pics are definitely better, winter has arrived here so light is in limited supply lol.

Your stuff looks superb Miek it really does!

The edge highlights were done with a monstrous drybrush and necron compound just run along the edges. I figure if they're this old they should look a touch rough - been painting orks too long for anything else :biggrin.:

Bases are drying as we speak for the stalker, lokhust and Spyder.

Too tired to do anything tonight.

Also noticed I've missed gold details on the tops of the legs and the 'writing' at the leg tops too looking at these. (I also glued one of the front leg supports upside down so the wires are wrong way up... Doh!!!!) Edited by NTaW
Merged posts.

Started working on nighty, no clear plan, we'll see how it goes. I want to paint a black hole on his chest and wanted to draw stars or something around it, but it might be a bit crowded. I'd like his robes to look like a subtly starry night (not as some of the fantastic but a bit flashy examples I found online). Anyways, progress:

gallery_225534_16617_442678.jpg