Night Lords Terror Assault 3k

Aztek

I could be wrong here Aztek but I don't believe you're right about those cover saves on dreads. Dreadnoughts do not get 'Legiones Astartes' rule - therefore they do not have 'Talent for Murder' and 'From the shadows'. An exception here is Night Vision as it specifies all models in the detachment so they get it as well. So sadly, no 5+ innate cover save for cortus or lev. Best you will have is Shrouded+maybe Stealth so 4+ tops...same as your 4++ inv though on Leviathan.

I think the list is fine but overall I agree with Rhynos - Terror Assault is not meant to take out heavy vehicles. It can try to but it's very restrictive and frankly I would just probably drop it if were certain about facing really heavily mechanized lists.

Edited by Lautrec the Embraced

I could be wrong here Aztek but I don't believe you're right about those cover saves on dreads. Dreadnoughts do not get 'Legiones Astartes' rule - therefore they do not have 'Talent for Murder' and 'From the shadows'. An exception here is Night Vision as it specifies all models in the detachment so they get it as well. So sadly, no 5+ innate cover save for cortus or lev. Best you will have is Shrouded+maybe Stealth so 4+ tops...same as your 4++ inv though on Leviathan.

I think the list is fine but overall I agree with Rhynos - Terror Assault is not meant to take out heavy vehicles. It can try to but it's very restrictive and frankly I would just probably drop it if were certain about facing really heavily mechanized lists.

Good call on the cover save on the Dreads! Thanks for that.

I had the same mis-interpretation when I started out with the cover saves. 
Your best bet to get the most out of your dread in drop pod would be (if possible) disembark behind cover or another vehicle. That way you can benefit from a cover save and shrouded rule.