Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Bone Harrowers - a WIP custom chapter

Home brew chapter WH40K WIP Primaris

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Brother Desultor

Brother Desultor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 268 posts
  • Faction: None - but plenty collected

For such a long time I have been envious of those creative enough to invent and develop a Space Marne chapter of their own, and felt this was something beyond my capabilities. 

However, for whatever reason, this weekend I appear to have been pummelled by the "Inspiration Crozius" and am so happy to be able to start such an undertaking of my own. At the moment I have only decided on the chapter name, The Bone Harrowers, the fact tit will be a Primaris only chapter and pretty much the colour scheme. 

Thanks to Impcat, here are some images of the scheme as it stands.

Rank and file

B7U7Iq5.jpg

Sergeant

yjFkNwT.jpg

Officer - Lt or Captain TBD

AZLdrFb.jpg

Although I have plenty of ideas written down, the chapter symbol and other details required to flesh out the chapter are yet to be finalised. The idea of this post is to help keep me motivated to work on developing this chapter, and perhaps to finish a hobby project for once.

Fingers crossed that actually happens....

"The adjective desultory comes from the word desultor, which was a circus rider who would leap from the back of one galloping horse onto another. From this literal sense of jumping from one thing to another, we get the modern meaning of desultory as jumping between things without a logical purpose."

This absolutely sums me up when it comes to hobby projects (and forum names)....

Previous attempts at forum names include Brother Ophamion, The Putrid One and Jarl Ranulf......

Bjorn Firewalker

Bjorn Firewalker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 12,518 posts
  • Faction: Catachan Wolves
The Chapter colors look good. I notice the only difference between the rank-and-file, SGTs, and LTs, is in their left kneepads' colors (Codex Chapters use the helmets' colors to differentiate Marines of various ranks); as this is more difficult to see, did your Chapter intentionally employ this method so enemy snipers cannot single out the Chapter's officers for decapitation strikes?
Wolf Scout- Catachan barking toad eggs+ Thousand Sons Marine= Fun! (Wolves of Catachan)

Warhammer 40,000+ Star Wars- Rian Johnson- Reylo= AWESOME! (Knights of Renaissance)

Reasons to use the Steel Crusaders ('Codex: Space Marines' supplement) or the Iron-hearted Angels ('Codex: Blood Angels' supplement): Because you think giving Sternguard Veterans a heavy bolter wtih special issue HEAVY BOLTER ammunition is ALMOST as much fun as shoehorning an Earthshaker cannon into a Land Raider.

Brother Desultor

Brother Desultor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 268 posts
  • Faction: None - but plenty collected
The lore and chapter traits are still in the early stage of development, but I like your suggestion.

Edited by Brother Desultor, 09 August 2020 - 07:47 PM.

"The adjective desultory comes from the word desultor, which was a circus rider who would leap from the back of one galloping horse onto another. From this literal sense of jumping from one thing to another, we get the modern meaning of desultory as jumping between things without a logical purpose."

This absolutely sums me up when it comes to hobby projects (and forum names)....

Previous attempts at forum names include Brother Ophamion, The Putrid One and Jarl Ranulf......

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Home brew chapter, WH40K, WIP, Primaris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users