Need Mutilator Conversion Ideas

Doom Herald

I want to use some Mutilators with my Creations of Bile army but I despise finecast. Does anyone have some ideas or examples of Mutilators that aren't made from the kit? So far, I thought maybe terminators or intercessors with the AOS vargheist limbs but I'm not sold on how that looks. Maybe with the shoulder plates in place it would look a little better and being fleshy instead of bio-mechanical won't be bad considering it's a Bile army, but the bones running through really bother me. All in all, I'm sure there's better ideas but I'm stumped at the moment and I really don't want to touch finecast again.

Back in the era when some of us used a Distraction MutilatorTM I used a sized-up terminator with only melee weapons, like a weapon-master lone wolf kind of thing.

I like dice4thedicegod's idea for sure, what is their size compared to the new oblits?

I'm liking the Stormfiends and the Blightlords both. The current Mutilator kit is set up for 40mm bases, as are the Blightlords. Current Obliterators are 50mm and Stormfiends are 60mm. Blightlords might win out for right now by nature of their base size.

On the Stormfiends, how many Melee weapons come with the kit and how well would they fit to a 50mm base? Mutilators are supposed to be on 40mm, but with the change to Obliterators I'm very confident that I could get away with 50mm bases, 60mm I'm not too sure about.

I've always wanted to grab some Ambots and use them for my Iron Warriors. I just haven't seen the utility in them yet, but they're looking more attractive this edition

I'm not sure how well they'd work in IW, but creations of Bile gives them +1S & +1"M with a strat for advance and charge (both at +1) effectively letting them move 3d6+7" into combat on top of being tough enough to be a bodyguard unit for Bile.

Ambots might be good too and at 40mm. Maybe a head swap with the non-bat heads from the vargheist kit since I have plenty.