Saga of the beast errata update

They faq'd the faq so dreads and non character vehicles can shield characters

I'm so confused by the wording on look out sir now.

Does it apply to sub 10 wou d dreads and monsters now?

Heres the text for the curious who cant get to it yet:

Look out sir

Change this rule to read:

Models cannot target a unit that contains any Character models with a Wounds characteristic of 9 or less with a ranged weapon while that Character unit is within 3" of any of the following:

• A friendly unit that contains 1 or more Vehicle or Monster models with a wounds characteristic of 10 or more.

• A friendly non-Character unit that contains 1 or more Vehicle or Monster models.

• A friendly non-Character unit that contains 3 or more models.

In all cases, if that Character unit is both visible to the firing model and it is the closest enemy unit to the firing model, it can be targeted normally. When determining if that Character unit is the closest enemy unit to the firing model, ignore other enemy units that contain any Character models with a Wounds characteristics of 9 or less.

This is a solid fix glad they did it so quick.

As to no more universal ObSec, not a surprise, but shocked it took so many revs to fix lol I was starting to be convinced the meant it.

Edit for weird format of copy paste

Edited by Rune Priest Jbickb

Amusingly, still no cost fix for inceptors.

There is in the other errata for points costs MFM.

My bad, forgot to look there. So many books to track!

For the low low price of (insert cost here) you can pay for the wh40k app!

QA games from GW as ever.

At least when they get to it it's going to be correct.

So, loving the new discussions!

BC's with ACSwd's is absolutely beastly, and amazingly beardy; I just think something vanishing to an entire 15 or so man BC pack tearing and rending asunder some previously viable threat sounds about right.

I really hope the rumor is true that all pa Marines go to 2.

Agreed karack,Bloodclaws with 2 wounds and astartes chainsword sound amazing

Edited by Triszin

Sounding from other sources like the +1 wound is a Veteran thing, which makes sense give the Bladeguard are 3W. So Blood Claws, Grey Hunters, Long Fangs etc will most likely stay at 1W. Still, 3W Terminators is nothing to sniff at.

With all the excitement about extra wounds, it just occurred to me that our scouts are veterans.

Anyone willing to wager whether or not GW remembers that when they start distributing extra wounds?

If the do remember to give our scouts an extra wound, would that be enough to justify an elite spot?

Actually quite happy about losing Obsec, that was a crazy boost and was far too much. Really don't want to become the new Iron Hands!

Hopefully Veterans getting an extra wound leads to all Wolf Guard getting an extra wound. Would move Thunder Wolves towards being ok

Actually quite happy about losing Obsec, that was a crazy boost and was far too much. Really don't want to become the new Iron Hands!

Hopefully Veterans getting an extra wound leads to all Wolf Guard getting an extra wound. Would move Thunder Wolves towards being ok

It really wouldn't lead to Thunder Wolf Cavalry being okay. Tactical Marines are going up 20% for that extra wound. Therefore don't expect TWC to get a free wound. Even if it meant them going up 10% it would just continue their path into obscurity unfortunately.