Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

All Firstborn (AND CHAOS) get additional wounds!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
798 replies to this topic

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,028 posts

i doubt they'll make normal Marines 2 wounds myself.

There's been a rumour going around saying exactly that though. Nanomarines going to two wounds would still be 3 years too late.

That would nerf Intercessors so hard thougg
  • Doghouse likes this

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,523 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
Wonder if they'll bump up chapter masters in terminator armour to 8 wounds and captains to 7. Or will poor gabriel angelos still be stuck at 6 with the rest of his bad rules.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,887 posts

I'm getting the feeling that the new codex will be a massive and substantial change to the army.

Makes me think that a certain keyword has a chance of going away
  • Lexington likes this
banana

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,053 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

There's been a rumour going around saying exactly that though. Nanomarines going to two wounds would still be 3 years too late.

Maybe there will be another point shuffle with the codex to adjust accordingly
  • Lucerne, Karhedron and Dark Shepherd like this

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts

Bombshell. That has some seriously huge ramifications across a lot of armies. Very interested to see what happens here.

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,396 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW
I think it could be likely for 2w normal marines.

CSM would eventually need 2W I think anyways. I think we can assume Chaos Terminators will be 3W, so this could end up a large change for them as well.

Glad I'm painting these Word Bearers terminators right now. They will be fun!

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 10 August 2020 - 05:36 PM.

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,691 posts

Not if Intercessors keep the 2A versus Firstborn 1A - note the Termies didn't get any extra. And bolt rifles > boltguns.

Edited by wildweasel, 10 August 2020 - 05:57 PM.

• Interrogator Stobz, Cruor Vault, Waking Dreamer and 2 others like this

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,806 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

Two wounds small marines would be pretty cool, Primaris would still have the advantage in most respects since they will still have +1A and AP on their guns while also being able to focus on their role as a troop choice instead of the Tactical's utter lack of a defined role as it tries to do too many things at once and excelling at none of them.

Three wound terminators is all kinds of good and I hope its not a typo because 30 terminators might get to go out and play!.

• Interrogator Stobz likes this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Verux

Verux

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
My blightlords are back in business!
  • TrawlingCleaner and Putrid Choir like this

Marshal Loss

Marshal Loss

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,779 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Wonderful, wonderful news - a big step in the right direction. Really exciting stuff.

• Interrogator Stobz likes this

rCsoqE7.png

Emperor's Children 22ᶮᵈ Millennial

Sons of Horus 29th Company

Ishagu

Ishagu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,438 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
I am actually convinced that regular Marines will indeed jump to two wounds.

Regular bikers might be at 3.

-~Ishagu~-

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,826 posts
I heard about marines having 2 wounds a while back and shared that on the BT subforum. Seemed a bit like whisfull thinking back then, but if termies are now 3 wounds...
  • Lord Momotaro likes this

Stargate_wars

Stargate_wars

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 93 posts
  • Faction: Dragon Lords

I am actually convinced that regular Marines will indeed jump to two wounds.

Regular bikers might be at 3.

One way to confirm if there is a change if someone can get a hold of a 9th ED marked tactical squad box since it looks like all 9th ED marked boxes have the updated rules in them.

Squike

Squike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 93 posts
I still don’t understand why they didn’t make all these changes at the start of 9th with a big FAQ for this stuff, rather than bring it out piece meal. They must know what there final play tested version of 9th is, why not bring us straight up to that level instead of slowly drip feeding the changes............
  • Black Blow Fly, SkimaskMohawk and Maschinenpriester like this

AenarIT

AenarIT

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 280 posts
  • Faction: Tau Necrons SM

Not if Intercessors keep the 2A versus Firstborn 1A - note the Termies didn't get any extra. And bolt rifles > boltguns.

Exactly. +1A and a better basic rifle vs special/heavy weapons and access to the old transports. 

It should get applied to Chaos and the other marine factions as well, of course. GK Strike Squads at 2W and GK Terminators at 3W would be great, same as Plague Marines, Noise Marines and Deathwatch Veterans at 2W, ...

Rules make or break a model, points just determine its efficiency. Giving 2W to marines of all colours would go a long way toward game balance imho. Provided they get pointed accordingly, of course.

• Chaoswolf, Interrogator Stobz, Aarik and 1 other like this

Lucerne

Lucerne

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,076 posts

This seems more than reasonable.

https://twitter.com/...318432949927938

"The Alpha Legion has- in spirit if not in body- remained much the same since its creation."

"Agents of stealth and misrule they may be, but when the Alpha Legion unleash their martial might, worlds shake at their tread."

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,526 posts

I still don’t understand why they didn’t make all these changes at the start of 9th with a big FAQ for this stuff, rather than bring it out piece meal. They must know what there final play tested version of 9th is, why not bring us straight up to that level instead of slowly drip feeding the changes............

This was not their planned release schedule, I can almost guarantee that. Sometimes you can't slow everything down so it all lines up as they originally intended, and having a pandemic ruin the schedule was not part of the planning process ;)

• Arbedark, wildweasel, Karhedron and 2 others like this

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,691 posts

Likely cause the original plan didn't have quite the large gap between 9E release and the first Codices - so far these sheets have been from repacked Necrons and Space Marines, and we've not seen sign of anyone else getting repacks. I expect as Codex updates cycle through, the kits will get redone with the new box design and construction guides, including the new profiles.

Commander Dawnstar

Commander Dawnstar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,148 posts
  • Faction: Ksi'm'yen.

If I'm being totally honest I'm more than a little worried about the state of the game at the start of this edition if cross-the-board updates like this are only being introduced on a per Codex basis. Could leave the game in a much more interesting place when they're done, but the potential for a have and have-nots situation in the interim is a bit concerning.

Edited by Commander Dawnstar, 10 August 2020 - 06:14 PM.

• Iron Father Ferrum, Llagos_Tyrant, tychobi and 1 other like this

gallery_48988_15465_42927.pnggallery_48988_15465_1202.pnggallery_48988_15465_21744.png

Jorin Helm-splitter

Jorin Helm-splitter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 962 posts
Did they change the range of cyclones I remember them being 48" not 36" granted I haven't ran one since the start of 8th.

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

First thing that popped into my mind was: "there is one typo, there could be more..."

• Doghouse, Chaplain Lucifer, Triszin and 2 others like this
"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Juggernut

Juggernut

++ MEDICAE MONTANEA ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,722 posts
  • Faction: All Things Khornate
Fair point. That would be such a huge disappointment haha!
  • Maschinenpriester likes this

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,526 posts

Did they change the range of cyclones I remember them being 48" not 36" granted I haven't ran one since the start of 8th.

They do seem to be 36" today, but interestingly the app shows the frag missile as 2D3 while this leak shows the frag as 2D6. That would be a sweet upgrade for the cyclone, to be honest. 

Assuming this is insight into future weapon profiles, there are an awful lot of units that saw massive points increases that start to make a lot more sense. For example, my Zephyrim gaining +1 Str on their swords now makes them hella more valuable for melee at their new super high pricepoint, even outside BR. 

Edited by Lemondish, 10 August 2020 - 06:28 PM.

Aarik

Aarik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 141 posts

I'm really hoping this change will trickle down to CSM of all flavors too.

Also, I wonder if GW is going back on their decision to distinguish between different types of power weapons.  Now that power swords have +1 strength, they're just flat out better than power axes now.  That would remove a bit of arguably unnecessary granularity/complexity from the rules, and would give people a bit more freedom to model their weapons however they think is cool.  Doing so would also give GW a bit of breathing room with their kit options, as most new kits (e.g., Chaos terminators or blightlords) don't have enough of each power weapon (swords vs. axes) to equip the whole squad with the same one.  So giving them the same stats would remove a bit of consumer frustration.

• Marshal Loss, Wraith776, DiscipleOfTheWord and 4 others like this

Rune Priest Jbickb

Rune Priest Jbickb

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,368 posts

I'm really hoping this change will trickle down to CSM of all flavors too.

Also, I wonder if GW is going back on their decision to distinguish between different types of power weapons. Now that power swords have +1 strength, they're just flat out better than power axes now. That would remove a bit of arguably unnecessary granularity/complexity from the rules, and would give people a bit more freedom to model their weapons however they think is cool. Doing so would also give GW a bit of breathing room with their kit options, as most new kits (e.g., Chaos terminators or blightlords) don't have enough of each power weapon (swords vs. axes) to equip the whole squad with the same one. So giving them the same stats would remove a bit of consumer frustration.

I agree, I want to pick up chaos space marines, but the fact that bringing actual marines is a poor choice really turns me off of them at the moment
  • Llagos_Tyrant, Wraith776 and Aarik like this
Never Mistake:
My Silence for Ignorance
My Calmness for Acceptance
My Kindness for Weakness

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users