Wraithwing's Ultramarines - The Defenders of Ultramar

Wraithwing

Hi Folks,

After a bit of a 40K hiatus, I finally caved and picked up the Indomitus box. While I would have loved to add these units to my Novamarines, I couldn't face painting any more units in those colours, primarily because it takes so long for me to complete a squad.

Instead, I decided to stick with the Codex theme, and paint a new Ultramarines force. I've always had a soft spot for the Ultramarines, so thought this project will give me a chance to play around with all those fun codex themes that my previous armies never had, such as company colours, veterans, honour markings etc.

Below is my first squad, which was done as a 'test' squad to see if I can get the scheme down quick. Quite pleased with how it has turned out:

med_gallery_5348_16569_229870.jpg

med_gallery_5348_16569_8769.jpg

Ended up using Macragge Blue spray, and then a all over shade of Drakenhoff, followed by a Calgar Blue drybrush, and Etherium Blue drybrush and then an all over glaze of Guilliman Blue mixed with a few drops of Lahmium Medium.

All in all only took me a few hours (over a couple of days) to paint the squad, which is a massive improvement over my Novamarines, which took months in some cases (mainly due to motivation!).

Up next are some Assault Intercessors from Indomitus, and then I am making plans for a Primaris Uriel Ventris conversion.

C&C, as always, is appreciated.

Cheers,

WW

Thanks for the positive comment so far folks!

Still full steam ahead with this project. Nearly finished with my first squad of Assault Intercessors, so thought I would share a few pics of where they are so far:

med_gallery_5348_16569_157351.jpg

med_gallery_5348_16569_45562.jpg

med_gallery_5348_16569_12940.jpg

med_gallery_5348_16569_38121.jpg

Really love these minis, so hoping to get them finished tomorrow.

After that, another squad of Intercessors I think, then on to some characters.

The fast method of doing the blue armour really helps me keep motivated, as it's great to knock these out so quickly compared to my previous projects.

Cheers,

WW

• 2 weeks later...