Deathwing weapons options and loadouts

aura_enchanted

I started this cause I was wondering what really are the weapons worth taking and how to build around them. I'm imagining others are doing what I do, building around the special weapon and then taking hammers and shields as screens for storm bolter units.

But what special weapons are worth using and what about tartaros and cataphracts are they worth strapping special weapons too

I'd say that in most cases Cyclones are the superior wargear option for Terminators unless you're planning to camp around with a terminator squad, in which case a plasma cannon is superior without the -1 to hit. For melee given the changes, power fists on ranged, always, as 2 wounds is better than rolling a 1 on a chainfist. Relic Terminators are up in the air because we have no idea how they're going to work, but Deathwing Knights will probably be the go-to melee unit even with the price hike thanks to the extra wound being coupled with the strat to give them Toughness 5.

I started this cause I was wondering what really are the weapons worth taking and how to build around them. I'm imagining others are doing what I do, building around the special weapon and then taking hammers and shields as screens for storm bolter units.

But what special weapons are worth using and what about tartaros and cataphracts are they worth strapping special weapons too

Are you going to field 1 or 2 squads or do you intend to play pure Deathwing?