2k BA - sports list help

Fobzter

We are having a more of a sports event and I'm bringing my blood angels for my first real test. Only about 10 games of garage hammer in 9th so far. My MvP has been relic contemptor dread with twin las & cyclone ML and lib dread. now with 2k and new missions I'm troubled whether I should have two impulsors instead.

My list is:

Lib dread - speed of the primarch (extra WT) - biomantic sarcocphacus - quickening - wings of sanguinius

Primaris captain (indomitus)

Primaris lieutenant (indomitus)

5x incursors

5x incursors

5x incursors

5x assault intercessors

Bladeguard veterans

sanguinary ancient - banner of sacrifice - warlord (selfless valour)

5x sanguinary guard - 2x fist - 3x sword

5x sanguinary guard - 2x fist - 3x sword

outriders

outriders

eradicators

eradicators

This above is 1788 points.

Now.. the question is.. should I take two impulsors, can't afford for shield domes... or the relic contemptor.

What do you think the list overall?

I've used the SG ancient providing FnP with my infantry bubble and later UWoF'd it next to deep striking SG. Lieutenant gives rerolls for eradicators and (contemptor) Even without a captain I can give reroll 1's for the contemptor with a 1CP strat. 

In the above list I will put 1 eradicators and the assault intercessors in the strategic reserve.

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of comments...

Do you really need 4 troop choices? Feel like you could drop one of the Incursor squads, especially given their point cost. Then you'll have the points for another squad of bladeguard. With just one squad of three there's too much risk that your opponent will focus fire them down before they can have an impact.

You might also consider taking those Sanguinary Guard in one big squad to make more efficient use of their buffs, both in terms of durability and output. If the big squad whiffs a charge you can put transhuman physiology to make them very hard to kill (especially looking ahead to the incoming codex where they may well be 3 wounds each), and if they do suffer casualties a big squad will retain combat effectiveness longer than two small ones. I'd also give them all power fists. The WS debuff may suck but their strength will double and with the new codex they'll be putting out a flat 2 damage per hit so they're going to get even better.

If you were to take two Impulsors who would be riding in them? As I understand it Gravis units can't ride in them so that rules out the Eradicators, and as far as the Bladeguard and Assault Intercessors are concerned I'm not sure you need to spend the points. A Relic Contemptor would give you some ranged firepower, which currently this list is lacking, although I would strongly recommend a four lascannon setup.

One thing about the Librarian Dreadnought, Speed of the Primarch is a waste. It won't save him if he gets charged and if he finds himself in one combat for longer than a turn something has gone badly wrong. You'd be better off going with Artisan of War to maximise the impact of his halberd, or maybe gift of foresight to give him a bit of extra durability.

I would advise strongly against making the Sanguinary Ancient your main warlord, especially as you're planning to start with him on the table. He's not very durable as he lacks an invuln save and only has four wounds. A canny opponent will take the 'Cut Off The Head' secondary and aim to kill him on turn one, which you'll struggle to prevent, and that's a cool 13 points to them right off the bat. Even if you hold him back in deep strike until turn 2 that's still risking 10 points to your opponent.

Hope this helps and best of luck at the event!