Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hobgoblin Hobbies/Digital: Space Elves Stargonauts and Co.

Eldar 3D Printing Alternative Miniatures

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,521 posts
  • Faction: VII-284BTN

As someone with somewhat anachronistic tastes in wargaming models and an affection for the smaller companies and sculptors in this industry, I've been aware of Jamie Loft's company Old School Miniatures for some time now -- lovely little off-the-wall minis fashioned in the sculpting style distinct to Citadel and other manufacturers of the 80s, primarily fantasy but some sci-fi. Recently he and a sculptor by the name of Jason Fairclough (of ThunderChild Minis) have started a new company together under the name Hobgoblin Hobbies, and even more recently have begun a Patreon page called Hobgoblin Digital where they are offering miniature STLs each month. This first month, the collection contains a number of very Eldar-esque nostalgia pieces -- a  set of Guardian analogues, a War Walker centaur, and perhaps a Wraithknight proxy -- which might pique the interest of some of the frater here -- they have certainly piqued mine, and I've never even been an Eldar player! I'm always interested to see new companies and projects on the scene, and this one in particular has garnered very little notice so far as I've seen, so I figured it might be worth presenting here.

med_gallery_78067_11287_263997.jpg

med_gallery_78067_11287_677711.jpg

med_gallery_78067_11287_354637.jpg

med_gallery_78067_11287_70572.jpg

It seems like a great new little set of models, and I'm eagerly awaiting what comes out of Hobgoblin next!

Edited by Soldier of Dorn, 12 August 2020 - 08:46 AM.

• Sandlemad and Son of Carnelian like this

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

malika666

malika666

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,051 posts

I'm digging their design, especially the standard Stargonauts. I'd drop the 'Space Elf' thing and you'd have yourself some great INQ28 cultist or other Imperial figures.

Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Troll Forged Miniatures

Sciror

Excessus

Excessus

++ APPORTO FERMENTUM ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 6,678 posts
  • Faction: Alpha Legion, Thousand Sons

They definitely have a RT era space elf vibe to them.

"Deception IS the point. Any fool can calculate strength. That one has been doing it from the moment he´╗┐ saw us. Now, he has to calculate what he can't see. And fear what he doesn't know."

Alpha Legion Cell #379, Thousand Sons and other friends - The corruption of cell #379
The Serpent's Lair - Alpha Legion Forum
+++ DIU AD BELLI - Legion War! +++ (2017 ETL replacement)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Eldar, 3D Printing, Alternative Miniatures

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users