Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

[Victoria Miniatures] Ogre Mud Crunchers

Imperial Guard Third party miniatures Victoria Miniatures

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Macrossmartin

Macrossmartin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 47 posts

New resin armour kit from Victoria Miniatures: The Kangaroo APC!

Kanga 01

designed by Jake Schneider, now available from the Victoria Miniatures webstore:

Kanga 02

• mithrilforge likes this

I've a good mind to join a club, and beat you over the head with it. 

Stix

Stix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 163 posts
  • Faction: Iron Hands
That is beautiful kit!

Master Sheol

Master Sheol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,625 posts
Very nice veichle :)
But a bit costy (65$ vs 40$)
“Battles are won by courage, by standing firm in the face of overwhelming adversity, by advancing into certain death when every instinct is screaming at you to turn.”

The Blood Raven

The Blood Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,167 posts
  • Faction: Cosmic Chorus

Very nice veichle smile.png

I hope the Aussies get a big discount. msn-wink.gif

• Majorbookworm likes this

Son of Sacrifice

Son of Sacrifice

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 453 posts
That's a very sexy kit. A counts as Chimaera?
  • Macrossmartin likes this

ShinyRhino

ShinyRhino

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,704 posts

Very nice veichle smile.png

I hope the Aussies get a big discount. msn-wink.gif

Because it looks like a Sentinel Mk1 with a Cruiser turret?
  • Macrossmartin likes this
-- "To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by fire and maneuver, and to repel the enemy assault by fire and close combat."

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,521 posts
  • Faction: VII-284BTN

Victoria Miniatures recently released a set of Ogre Mud Crunchers somewhat in the style of the Rogue Trader Bob Olley and 2nd edition Ogryns sculpts -- I haven't seen anyone else discussing these, but they are rather lovely, positively dripping with nostalgia (whether that is a good or bad thing, of course, is open to interpretation!) I'm personally rather enamored by them.

For the month of August, as well, they're offering the Veteran Ogre (that rather reminds me of Jes Goodwin's Ogryn hero, but that might just be me drawing connections where there are none) as a freebie -- the exact terms and stipulations I'm not totally clear on, but it seems a rather nice model in the same aesthetic as the others so I can't say I have any issues with that.

OGRE-Squad-color-1_1000x.png

OGRE-Vet-color-1_1000x.png

Edited by Jolemai, 21 October 2020 - 08:05 PM.
Title & tags

• Doghouse, Firedrake Cordova, mithrilforge and 8 others like this

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

Jings

Jings

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 212 posts
-insert that Clarkson meme where he likes one car (GW Ogryns) but he loves the other car (these)-

Edited by Jings, 12 August 2020 - 10:32 AM.

• Sandlemad and ThatOneMarshal like this

Cap'm Heckus

Cap'm Heckus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 630 posts
  • Faction: Agamemnos PDF; Space Badgers
Mine are on their way. Yay.

" We have failed to uphold Brannigan's Law. However I did make it with a hot alien babe. And in the end, is that not what man has dreamt of since first he looked up at the stars?"  -Captain Zapp Brannigan

gallery_29004_6198_4761.pnggallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.png

Cap'm Heckus

Cap'm Heckus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 630 posts
  • Faction: Agamemnos PDF; Space Badgers

Squeeeeee!   they're here!

med_gallery_69131_9372_153798.jpg

Great detail.  Super clean casts:

med_gallery_69131_9372_231524.jpg

• Ldorte likes this

" We have failed to uphold Brannigan's Law. However I did make it with a hot alien babe. And in the end, is that not what man has dreamt of since first he looked up at the stars?"  -Captain Zapp Brannigan

gallery_29004_6198_4761.pnggallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.png

Evil Eye

Evil Eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,173 posts
  • Faction: Chaos and Tyranids.

Those are superb! Very old-GW, I like it a lot. But IIRC Victoria Miniatures is one of the best third party companies on the market right now.

ztbmByp.png

I come here to discuss and find out about Warhammer 40,000 with people of every ethnicity, sexuality, country and yes, as sickening as it is, even Eldar players.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people, but monkeys do too, if they've got a gun." -Inquisitor Edmund Izzardos, on Jokaero.

(Formerly known as Squigsquasher)

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,669 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

I didnt know I needed Ogryns in my army until now. I love the first ed vibe and I missed them first time round. Deffo picking these up. 

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

''Avenge me Brother, AVENGE ME!!!'' *pffft* - Unknown Black Templar, cleansing of the Furry homeworld

Sandlemad

Sandlemad

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,219 posts

These are utterly charming

sitnam

sitnam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 344 posts

Those are superb! Very old-GW, I like it a lot. But IIRC Victoria Miniatures is one of the best third party companies on the market right now.

I have some of their third party guard stuff that I combo with Pig Iron heads, and I love them.
Posted Image
The Order of His Amethyst Heart
The Dancing Scythes Chapter

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Imperial Guard, Third party miniatures, Victoria Miniatures

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users