Vet space marines with 2 wounds

angrom

I’m glad I just ordered 2 boxes of termies, 1 of VV, and 1 of assault marines. Gonna make a second VV squad for my DW, and now thinking of how I can incorporate termies into my line squads. 5man vet squads though with some SS scattered in (esp with 2 wounds) supported by a SS/TH/CML termie could be a tough but to crack

I hope it applies to the rest of the veterans, but so far that's only image I've seen leaked and addresses vanguard veterans. I'm also eager to see if we get the relic sword option back for the Sgt.

Even just having 2W vanguard vets will pair nicely with the Blackstar changes for big guns never tire.

If all the veterans do end up getting 2W, that'll bring them up to par with primaris. We'll be able to create some awesome lists instead of relying solely on primaris as a staple. I have both so I definitely plan to dip into both areas and figure out what's going to be competitive :thumbsup:

Maybe I can see why the infernus Bolter went up a bit. Twin heavy bolters on on vehicles are gonna be pretty sweet.

So happy to see Veterans have a leg in this fight. Seriously reconsidering plasma vets vs Hellblasters.

Intercessors might get to keep their sniping stratagem but Vet Stalker bolters are looking solid with with missile teams as well.

Bolt guns @ 30 inches feels not so useless, intercessors still slightly better. I had hoped for this change for a while.

This kinda feels like it puts assault intercessors out the window for us if we take Vets with boltguns/storm bolters with chainswords.

Deep striking combi-flamers anyone? Maybe not all competitive thoughts but looking really fun.

Ya our vet teams are looking potentially quite good again, just curious what will happen to us faction wise with being placed in marine dex, since SIA is a datasheet entry.  At least loading up a vet team with infernus/hvy flamers in a drop pod seems fun again.  Wonder if frag cannons will go to 12" too, if so that will be truly scary.

Some good announcements made today that will keep Kill Team Veterans in the fight - I'm not of the opinion that making all firstborn marines invalidates the Primaris either.

Absolutely agree. Every unit seems to have a purpose still.

This also makes my extensive Primaris conversions of Kill-Team vets feel not like such a fudge.

Yes, me too! If anything I feel like they are justified even more

This also makes my extensive Primaris conversions of Kill-Team vets feel not like such a fudge.

Totally!  Am I missing something or are Kill-Team Veterans just Primaris with better Leadership now?

Totally! Am I missing something or are Kill-Team Veterans just Primaris with better Leadership now?

As Raychu says above everything will now be repointed, and I suppose that will be the devil in the detail. Vets are currently 3 pts cheaper and games workshop have said that tacs have gone up by 20% in cost with the wound change - if that happens then the veterans will be priced around the same point as Primaris for us. Maybe it will come down to if you want to customise and willing to pay the points for it then you go for vets, and if that's not your plan then go Primaris instead? - and this is before all the weapons rules get changed and repointed too!

Ya our vet teams are looking potentially quite good again, just curious what will happen to us faction wise with being placed in marine dex, since SIA is a datasheet entry.  At least loading up a vet team with infernus/hvy flamers in a drop pod seems fun again.  Wonder if frag cannons will go to 12" too, if so that will be truly scary.

I would guess there will be a rule in the DW supplement, i.e. " all Infantry and biker units with the <Deathwatch> keyword gain access ot SIA on their bolt weapons". 

And then we'll see datasheets for our HQs (hopefully a new one) mixed kill teams and the Corvus, everything that isnt in the main Codex. I'm really looking forward to this, when it eventually arrives, the army will just get a whole new lease of life. 

Totally! Am I missing something or are Kill-Team Veterans just Primaris with better Leadership now?

As Raychu says above everything will now be repointed, and I suppose that will be the devil in the detail. Vets are currently 3 pts cheaper and games workshop have said that tacs have gone up by 20% in cost with the wound change - if that happens then the veterans will be priced around the same point as Primaris for us. Maybe it will come down to if you want to customise and willing to pay the points for it then you go for vets, and if that's not your plan then go Primaris instead? - and this is before all the weapons rules get changed and repointed too!

I should have clarified I was just talking about the stat line.  All I've wanted for Deathwatch was for Primaris to get the Kill-Team gear options, and to be able to take the Corvus as a transport.  This stat change effectively makes that a reality for my converted models, even if they aren't technically Primaris.