Vet space marines with 2 wounds

angrom

This also makes my extensive Primaris conversions of Kill-Team vets feel not like such a fudge.

Yes, me too! If anything I feel like they are justified even more
Totally! Am I missing something or are Kill-Team Veterans just Primaris with better Leadership now?
As Raychu says above everything will now be repointed, and I suppose that will be the devil in the detail. Vets are currently 3 pts cheaper and games workshop have said that tacs have gone up by 20% in cost with the wound change - if that happens then the veterans will be priced around the same point as Primaris for us. Maybe it will come down to if you want to customise and willing to pay the points for it then you go for vets, and if that's not your plan then go Primaris instead? - and this is before all the weapons rules get changed and repointed too!

I should have clarified I was just talking about the stat line. All I've wanted for Deathwatch was for Primaris to get the Kill-Team gear options, and to be able to take the Corvus as a transport. This stat change effectively makes that a reality for my converted models, even if they aren't technically Primaris.

Oh yes I completely agree - basically our kill-team veterans are Primaris statwise now, which is really cool.

I'm very happy with this announcement since I think old marines should have had 2 wounds since the start of 8th.  The inferneus heavy bolter looks like it could have a massively better profile as well, with 2 damage HB, 12 inch flamer, as well as -1 max hit modifier.  With some of the additional buffs to the cc weapons, we may see a lot more variety within our kill teams.

I'm very happy with this announcement since I think old marines should have had 2 wounds since the start of 8th.  The inferneus heavy bolter looks like it could have a massively better profile as well, with 2 damage HB, 12 inch flamer, as well as -1 max hit modifier.  With some of the additional buffs to the cc weapons, we may see a lot more variety within our kill teams.

Good shout out on that IHB. Wow, will I actually use mine finally? It's been years. lol 

I guess a lot depends on point costs, but it's looking like a candidate for most improved in the DW codex!

• 1 month later...