Things are Looking Up...

Similarly Chief Wolf Priest on bike not amazing in cc but nesr unkillable

And 2 litanies, which are inspiring on a 2+ with an 20" delivery mechanism looks tastier than an Imperial Lander full of pedigree chum! :biggrin.:

There are some nerfs but Honestly was that a surprise? Like any new release we will have to suss out what works for us with the new tools we are given.

I'm excited for the access to new units we've been given, though I think I might hold off on purchasing them until the supplement drops just as a wait and see, Russ knows my plastic pile is big enough lol.

Definitely excited for the Chaplain on bike. Looks sweet, and I think it'll perform awesome, it was the only model I pre-ordered with my FLGS.

Similarly Chief Wolf Priest on bike not amazing in cc but nesr unkillable

And 2 litanies, which are inspiring on a 2+ with an 20" delivery mechanism looks tastier than an Imperial Lander full of pedigree chum! :biggrin.:
Yeah that might see some play :)

All generic dreads get inbuilt reduce damage by 1 to a minimum of 1...so that IronPriest/Dread squad is looking extra killer

Assuming you can still pay for an extra warlord trait and upgrade more than one character

Edited by Dark Shepherd

Yea I’m not shocked or bothered by the rebalance. I’m also interested in what we get and don’t get, wait to buy anything brothers though. That dude who bought 3 stormravens and centurions or whatever than complained wasn’t a good look ;)

I would wait to buy anything, but I think the list at the beginning will be the only units disallowed. I would think this would be addressed in an FAQ, whether or not further exclusions would exist in the Codex supplement. I do not think they would do this, as they are going to want you to know straight up from the Codex what units can or cannot be taken. Doing that would be especially bad for a new hobbyist or someone starting one of those chapters, who could start building a force to find out later that models allowed in this publication aren't allowed further on. I think that would rightly anger anyone if that happened to them, so it's in everyone's best interest to just locate the list in the main Codex.

We should see the first supplement come out soon enough though. Waiting a month or so to hold off buying centurions and all shouldn't be too much caution. After seeing the first book if it's not Space Wolves, we should have much better information as to how all this is going to work in the end.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

A big change flying under the radar is marines now dont auto reroll failed morale tests, they just ignore combat attrition modifiers

Makes me worry about Wulfen between this and changes to stormshields and thunder hammers. And no longer getting Transhuman Physiology

Edited by Dark Shepherd

*Hey all long time lurker finally a member* All these changes have me worried about our Wulfen. Hopefully they get at least another wound. Although I’ve been leaning on blade guard a lot recently as well and they are looking great especially being able to take up to 6 in a unit now. The primaris captains now have even more options. So I plan on changing out the sword for other weapons on the indomitus captain in the event I take one instead of Ragnar. According to the Guerilla games review. The saga of the beast slayer warlord trait changed in this codex also. It gives +1 attack and +1 to wound.

If Wulfen and TWC don't get core and an additional wound they are not viable anymore. Losing 3++ and transhuman makes them very vulnerable. Let's see what the supplement brings.

I'm reading for our deeds of legend though. That beastslayer warlord trait doesn't inspire confidence.

I think I saw that there may be a buff to gravis with d1 weapons too. That would make the flame gauntlet aggressors a pretty good outflank harasser.

As for the wulfen stuff, I’d never used trans human on them anyways and I always had trouble effectively keeping a buffing unit with them so if they don’t have core I don’t really care. They still are a premier killing unit and there’s so much psychological baggage They’ll still be a great distraction carnifex unit.

I do hope Twolves get core and as WG I think there’s a good chance. The lightning claw buff (if it extends to wolf claws n the supplement) does them wonders I think. I ran some in my last game and with the extra CP They hit real hard with the WG, Charge, and death grip bite strats.