Things are Looking Up...

People are sleeping on Wolf Guard Intercessors in my honest opinion. They get to combo with Arjac, get Vicious Executioners, etc.

They seem an awkward kind of half-way house now. They are better than Intercessors but lose ObjSec and are now in competition for Elite slots from a lot of buffed units. Bladeguard, Terminators, Dreadnoughts and SS/JP Wolf Guard all look really impressive in 9th (an Wulfen may or may not still be good).

I kinda think they may be better as regular Intercessors now and use them as a second wave to hold Objectives and finish off damaged units.

I think WG Vet Assault intercessors with the full weight of  Hunters Unleashed, Viscous Executioners, Savage fury, and possibly a Lt wound buff is going to be insane. I havent gotten to try Bladeguard yet but i think while they serve different functions, the intercessors sound so so gross. Before all of this even they did most of the work in my last game.

Ugh. So wargear is now pointed differently based on model/unit. For example, combi's are now either 5 or 10 pts.

It seems to be based on what it is replacing. Replacing a Storm Bolter with a combi weapon costs less than replacing a bolter. Units seem to have basic wargear baked into their points cost now so if you replace something, you get a refund. By the looks of things, the end result usually seems to end up either neutral or in our favour compared to 8th edition so I am not too worried.

<Retires to reinforced bunker before people hammer me with the list of units that do cost more under the new regime>