Things are Looking Up...

Seriously...you guys have any idea of the chaos that a 32 wound unit of objective secured blood claws will cause? 33 wounds with a terminator wgpl

With our extra CP we can even use stalker pack tricks (if it exists in new codex)

Dust off the land raider crusaders too

The middle of the board against a space wolf army is going to be an instant dog pile of insanity

Seriously...you guys have any idea of the chaos that a 32 wound unit of objective secured blood claws will cause? 33 wounds with a terminator wgpl

With our extra CP we can even use stalker pack tricks (if it exists in new codex)

Dust off the land raider crusaders too

The middle of the board against a space wolf army is going to be an instant dog pile of insanity

Thats certainly true but theres still a lot of D2 in the world. I see this as a pretty huge meta shift thats going to effect basically every army. Gonna be crazy to see, not i just need to get some games in :wacko.:

This is slightly annoying for me, as I've spent most of lockdown painting and converting Primaris Marines into Space Wolves and now I can't help but feel like the old standby of Grey Hunters tooled to the nines in Razorbacks and Drop Pods are the better option again. At least I'll have plenty of choice!

Still, this should quell some of the more hysterical fearmongering that Firstborn are going to be dead and buried beneath the shiny new boots of Primaris. We probably won't see many new models for them, at least for now, but Firstborn are definitely here to stay for 9th Ed at least.

Still, this should quell some of the more hysterical fearmongering that Firstborn are going to be dead and buried beneath the shiny new boots of Primaris. We probably won't see many new models for them, at least for now, but Firstborn are definitely here to stay for 9th Ed at least.

Sadly people have already shifted to "they're shifting all the stock so they can remove them one they're sold" camp

I am looking forward to throwing 15 blood claws into a stormwolf though...and Lukas, mmm yes

The multi melta rumor was also confirmed.

All hail the stormfang...titan killer of the skies

An all missile one is 200 points

MM crazy powerful now BUT this looks like a vehicle lite but especially Knight lite meta. That said if you split targets you can still delete a few units without invuls

Tig, the stormwolf, fang would still be 300+ pts with multi meltas of dooooom

I actually prefer the stormfang gunship and usually run it empty. If enemy has artillery i hide troops inside to avoid turn 1 shots

I don't like transporting that many troops ...basically the definition of all eggs in 1 basket

A double stormfang list has the potential to annihilate opposing forces if it gets first turn. Expensive? Yes....but may be worth it.

I need to wait until official rules and points are out...but I may actually use my flyers competitively

Blood Claws surely overtake Assault Intercessors and Hammer/Fist led Intercessors now? Maybe

This must have been why the Tabletop Titans guys were so enamored with Blood Claws in their earlier 9e faction focus of the SW.  They knew what was coming, but just couldn't explicitly talk about it.

Also, I've got to admit that I was wrong.  Didn't think for the world they'd make Firstborn line troops 2 Wounds.  It is pretty exciting, though, all around.

Curiously it did say fully fledged soaxe marines... will they count blood claws as fully fledged?

Otherwise I'm happy that they took a long hard look at all the stat lines. Some stuff was in need of some internal balance (like why take melta when there's plasma) and it looks like they are using 9th as a good opportunity to execute that. Which I welcome.

Also best line in the warcom article

“What? We’re surrounded?! Russ’ bones, this is fun. Now we get to charge in EVERY direction!”

– attributed to Blood Claw Olaf the Incorrigible

Literally how I feel whenever I get to play against orks lol

Edited by Rune Priest Jbickb

Sadly people have already shifted to "they're shifting all the stock so they can remove them one they're sold" camp

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, just shift all the stock they just spent a lot of money repacking and that they can just make more of the easily since the molds are still effectively brand new... pretty absurd stance for folks to take.

There will never be pleasing some people, even when there's good news!

I really like this for all the conversion potential as well - Marines can be the scale you want! I haven't specifically done the comparisons yet (I'm sure someone already has), but if I'm not mistaken, the grip locations are the same on the bolter and bolt rifle, so you should be able to do fairly easy swaps. The heavy weapons will require a bit more work, I'd think.

Blood Claws surely overtake Assault Intercessors and Hammer/Fist led Intercessors now? Maybe

Units with WGBL get extra tasty now. Better build some with fists :smile.:

one of the only thing that the Assault Intercessors have over the blood claws is the use of the heavy bolt pistol in combat, but the survivability in CC is going to be good for the claws, durable just enough to the point in which they can drop down to grey hunter size effectively 

This must have been why the Tabletop Titans guys were so enamored with Blood Claws in their earlier 9e faction focus of the SW. They knew what was coming, but just couldn't explicitly talk about it.

Oooh thats a good point

6 man Blood Claw unit would clock in at about 140 for 2 fists and storm bolters

Curiously it did say fully fledged soaxe marines... will they count blood claws as fully fledged?

Pretty certain that’s likely referring to stuff like scouts and cultists etc.

Right but blood claws are space wolf scout equivalents. Just as theoretically our scouts would be 2 wound as they are full marines. I'm just saying temper expectations a bit on a 32 wound death mob of blood claws as they may not meet the "fully fledged" criteria just like scouts.

Pretty certain that’s likely referring to stuff like scouts and cultists etc.

Right but blood claws are space wolf scout equivalents. Just as theoretically our scouts would be 2 wound as they are full marines. I'm just saying temper expectations a bit on a 32 wound death mob of blood claws as they may not meet the "fully fledged" criteria just like scouts.

I have had the same thoughts, will BC be considered full fledged marines? Fluff wise I would do that as they have the black carapace, and power armour. If standard scouts only will have one wound, will SW scouts have one wound? According to the fluff the SW scouts are veterans, and full fledged ones, but on the other hand they don't have power armour. Terminators goes up to three wounds because of the armour. So I hope BC are considered two wound marines, and I will not be that annoyed if SW scouts are one wound because of the scout armour.

I