Dealing with Death Guard

Bear in mind, this is with my limited game-play experience.

My go-to approach, would be to try going into tide of Convergence (the smite tide) and just smite them to death. Assuming their disgustingly resilient saves don't work on mortal wounds, build a list with a lot of MSU and interceptors and go to town on them. Theoretically the Inner Fire > Empyric Channeling route with the Librarian/Apothecary, mostly for the same reasoning, should work just as well. Vortex of Doom also is an interesting choice for a 6", D6 mortal wounds in an AOE area for maximum effect. 

Second approach, is to fight fire with fire. Have a paladin blob of 10, go full demon hammer route, and death star them into their next game. Nothing survives our paladins period.

Thirdly, just win by points. Embrace the pain, but in the end you have the last laugh. 

That being said, what kind of list is the DG player running? Perhaps I can help you better then.

Hi MM,

So I have played DG a number of times over 8th, and we always played that DR can be taken against Mortal Wounds - which was just as well.

GK was a tough match up for DG (in 8th and before AOTS).  Max output Smiting against anything with a Daemon keyword melted Daemon Princes etc and multi-wound cc weapons (meaning having to pass multiple DG roles) stopped them being bogged down in cc as much.  The re-role to wound vs anything with a Daemon keyword also helped. 

Hardest thing to deal with was the various Mortal Wound making shenanigans that DG seemed to have in abundance.  In 9th and especially with AOTS, DG have shenanigans of all types in spades even more and I thinks GK would have a much tougher time - still yet to play so only speculation having read up on DG heavily and knowing GK intimately.