Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gav Thorpe - the Luther novel

Blacklibrary Dark Angels The Fallen Unforgiven Horus Heresy

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

The_Bloody

The_Bloody

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 682 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters, Dark Angels

I'm not Gav's biggest fan, but this is solid work - probably his best, actually, but I haven't read Lorgar. 

I have to say I am not surprised at the lack of spoilers, because there is little to spoil and much to be discussed, since the book -just like the words of the Dark Oracle himself- is quite open to interpretation.

This is not a linear story, but an episodic narration illustrating the character of Luther and the descent of the Dark Angels from the First Legion to the Unforgiven.

I would definitely recommend it to my fellow Dark Angels fans.

Now, my main takeaways/nuggets of information under spoilers:

Spoiler

Edited by The_Bloody, 25 November 2020 - 12:29 PM.

• mc warhammer, Sandlemad, Noserenda and 11 others like this

Tymell

Tymell

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 708 posts

Pleasantly encouraged by all the positive response to this I'm seeing here. The Caliban parts of Angels of Caliban were by far my favourite bits of that book (which was especially surprising given how dull I found them previously), so I'm hoping for more of that quality.

• DarkChaplain and Kelborn like this
---------------------------
(On-going) HH project, characters, timeline points, ships - https://sites.google...ellsheresy/home

Feel free to PM in case of missing info or sudden but inevitable errors!

The Observer

The Observer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,384 posts
  • Faction: The Legions of Yore

I'm not Gav's biggest fan, but this is solid work - probably his best, actually, but I haven't read Lorgar. 

I have to say I am not surprised at the lack of spoilers, because there is little to spoil and much to be discussed, since the book -just like the words of the Dark Oracle himself- is quite open to interpretation.

This is not a linear story, but an episodic narration illustrating the character of Luther and the descent of the Dark Angels from the First Legion to the Unforgiven.

I would definitely recommend it to my fellow Dark Angels fans.

Now, my main takeaways/nuggets of information under spoilers:

Spoiler

Perfect, this is a bit more what I was looking for. Thanks!

• The_Bloody likes this
Instagram Handle: count.hodo

12.jpg

Taliesin

Taliesin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,245 posts

Looks like the hardcover of this comes out at the start of March. Probably picking that up.

41AmXFzUs2L._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Edited by Taliesin, 17 December 2020 - 11:54 AM.

• Ingo Pech likes this

DarkChaplain

DarkChaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,603 posts

High-Res cover from Amazon, because it is rather pretty:

Spoiler

• Ingo Pech and Kelborn like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blacklibrary, Dark Angels, The Fallen, Unforgiven, Horus Heresy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users