Crusade

Crusade isn't too much different from regular play so it's hard to say what types of units would be best. You asked what's cool, so for that I'd say inexperienced or cheap units that can be upgraded and improved over time. For example, a 25pl Combat Patrol could be:

• Lieutenant
  • Tactical Squad/Intercessors
  • Devastators

Your Order of Battle usually is 50pl so that could be a bit larger, you could run a Captain, 1-2 more Troops, maybe an Elites and/or Fast Attack option... It's really up to you and what fits from your collection. I think to enjoy it most you should pick units you like and that you can build a story around, but that also make for a good army with all the different answers and threats you need to present.

There are definitely a lot of cool relics and battle honours available but from my quick scans of them it doesn't look like there's any sick combos that you really want to maximize. That's not really what the format's about anyway, right? 

A Redemptor Dreadnought with the standard loadout. It is a beast and the opponent has to account for it. It is a good counter to most of the heavy lifters present at that PL level and provides a strong backbone for your army. Mine has been my MVP in the past four Crusade games.