Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Codex Speculation for 9th Redux

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

++ FERRARII CONQUISITOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts
Brothers let’s use this space for any wishlisting or speculation to keep the other areas clean for those who want rules updates and discussion for confirmed things!

Weapons free for stats, helfrost, stratagems new and old, etc.
  • Valerian, Triszin, Karhedron and 2 others like this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,899 posts
I hope frost weapons and helfrost all get reworked.

I hope helfrost destructor is a significant step up from the twin linked helfrost turret
banana

GrFlur

GrFlur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts

pack of 5 fenrisian + 1 Cyber wolves got the HQ bodyguard keyword

• Jarl Kjaran Coldheart likes this

Howl to the Moon, you won't regret it. 

24.jpgETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifgallery_53969_15812_4038.gifgallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_48988_15465_18311.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,049 posts
TWC get alpha predators rr charges rule

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts
I haven’t gotten my book yet, what’s the HQ bodyguard rule in regards to the way character targeting works now? Wound subbing?

Cpt.Danjou

Cpt.Danjou

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 146 posts

I would like to see, reworked scouts. More options for weapons for our bladeguards and other primaris characters, i.e axes/hammers. 

gallery_26778_12913_834.png

Nova_chron

Nova_chron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 802 posts
  • Faction: XII Legion
I want to see our frost weapons changed or improved from power weapons maybe a point more AP or strength not sure what makes more sense. Bladeguard getting more weapon options like our wolfguard currently do.
we_badge_nova_chron.pnggallery_62972_10568_30745.jpg
"Man must truly be insane for he creates gods by the thousands yet cannot create the lowliest of worms" -plato

GrFlur

GrFlur

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 293 posts

I haven’t gotten my book yet, what’s the HQ bodyguard rule in regards to the way character targeting works now? Wound subbing?

I have no idea, but it sounds cool and fluffy blush.png

Howl to the Moon, you won't regret it. 

24.jpgETL_2018_Medal_04_ETL_Magister.gifgallery_53969_15812_4038.gifgallery_48988_15465_8206.pnggallery_48988_15465_18311.png

TiguriusX

TiguriusX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,733 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves

Since we are being rolled into the vanilla marine rules I would be "ok" with a minor buff to make life easier for the rules team

Frost weapons can be given the master crafted rule or something

In other editions that meant reroll a single hit die

In current rules that would be damage + 1

It would be a good mix of balance to represent our increased usage of heroes by not needing to burn CP to get master crafted items 

A digital space wolf returning to the pack and emerging from the warp on the TT to try the hobby side.  I started with Vassal40K and currently enjoy TTS40K

Inglorious Drunkard Champion-Night 3 (2012)

ETL first time participant-2018

ETL-2019

gallery_48988_15465_42927.png

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,049 posts
Frost weapons will be in our supplement not the codex though/we already shared 2/3rds of our total datasheets

I might be being touchy about doomcrying elsewhere though

Best buff I could see for frost given how power weapons went is either mortal wounds on wounds rolls of 6 or still living targets takena mortal wound on a 4+, that could work for shooty frost too. Rules as it stands are fairly inconsequential.

Fang_Guard23

Fang_Guard23

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 537 posts

Helfrost weapons should be able to cause mortal wound on wound roll of 6, in addition the affected unit can only move and charge D6"

One Two Wolf

One Two Wolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 158 posts
POTMS = invun. I have a theory about GW's rule testing and this is something it leads me to.
  • Havok13 likes this

Debauchery101

Debauchery101

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,305 posts
I want better phobos characters
I want melee weapon options for phobos sgts
I want wolf guard tags on more primaris..including other chapters getting their cross overs as well.
If theyre going to keep firstborns around then :cuss take away these stupid transport restrictions...its <every cuss word> ridiculous. Even if there's a modifier for size...marines-8 ft tall. Terminators 9-10ft tall, primaris 9 ft tall, aggressors 9-10...is there some sort of magical machine spirit that won't allow different armor types inside these transports although thunderhawks can transport anything...

Id also like to see some unlocks to warsuits to some of the stratagems or them getting some unique ones.
The Pleasure God's Chosen

Emperor's Children (RIP) 2500 pts
Death Guard 3500 pts
Iron Warriors 3000 pts
Enslaved Traitor Guardsmen 1500 pts
Daemons 4000 pts
Salamanders 3000 pts
Necrons 2000 pts

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,049 posts

POTMS = invun. I have a theory about GW's rule testing and this is something it leads me to.

I like it and it makes sense. Interested to hear the theory....

Havok13

Havok13

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 90 posts

This would be very good.
  • Karhedron likes this

Splog

Splog

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 125 posts
Frost weapons mortal wound on a 6

Helfrost weapons as frost weapons but also prevent fall back if they inflict a casualty

The generic Phobos only warlord traits and psychic powers don’t make sense alongside chapter specific powers etc (to me anyway). Would like to see the main marine codex scrap these entirely or go with a set of ‘Light’ (infiltration/Vanguard/Phobos), ‘Medium’ (ie normal), and ‘Heavy’ (for Gravis characters) warlord traits and psychic powers. These are the mainstream set and every marine chapter has them. Then Space Wolves (and others) have a full set of Warlord traits, psychic discipline, and oaths/chants that they can sub in. So if you have a Phobos librarian you can pick a mix of Phobos powers (obscuration) and Tempestus.

Rune Armour as standard for Rune Priests.

Psyber-raven upgrade.

Blood Claws keyword for all relevant units, and strats for that keyword, would like to see -1BS and bonus charge attacks and headstrong rules for them. Grey Hunters keyword for Battleline units, Long Fangs keyword for fire support and WolfGuard for WolfGuard type units. Relevant strategies for the keywords, maybe +1LD for Long Fang units.

The lack of a Primaris Wolf Priest is the most glaring model omission. I’d like to see a Wolf Priest model before anything else. I think the Wolf Priest should be as good as an apothecary and as good as a chaplain, but different. That’s already covered with how Wolf Priests heal, and will be better now that every marine has more than 1 W. I’d rather they went back to a single ‘always on’ power for their chaplain part.

GW are blurring the lines between Primaris and old marines by giving old marines 2W, it potentially points to some more blurring. Why try to create completely new chapter specific Primaris units? Better to release a Primaris-styled Thunderwolf unit and give them +1A and +1W. Be a bit vague about whether they are Primaris or not, or make it an optional keyword.

Primaris able to go in drop pods. Come on.

I really like the Warlord traits with sagas mechanism. I hope it stays.

Wulfen Redemptor Dreadnoughts.

Curse of the Wulfen upgrade for any infantry unit via a strategy? 1CP/3CP for 1/2 units. Represents the old style ‘in the grip’ of it but not a wulfen. Something like +1 S and +1 A but -1 LD and -1 BS.

Gherrick

Gherrick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,306 posts

They need to make cunning of the wolf distance from edge = movement of unit, not a flat 6", as well as include our beasts and cavalry units as well. Outflank by its very nature makes far more sense for faster units in any case. Ideally, Harald should be able to include a unit of TWC or wolves with him when he outflanks. Why would be go solo!?

• Fang_Guard23 likes this

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,946 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

company traits and relics.

• Triszin and WrathOfTheLion like this
Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

The Saint Ragnar

The Saint Ragnar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 314 posts
  • Faction: Vlka Fenryka (Space Wolves)
Do we think we will see Wulfen and TWC get a wounds bump in our supplement? What is everyone thinking about our Wolf Scouts gaining a wound?

For Russ and the AllFather!

Armies Played:

Space Wolves - ~3,000 Points

ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_04_.jpg

Fang_Guard23

Fang_Guard23

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 537 posts

Njal gets his Tempest Wrath list again

• TiguriusX and theprophetofwar like this

Fang_Guard23

Fang_Guard23

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 537 posts

They need to make cunning of the wolf distance from edge = movement of unit, not a flat 6", as well as include our beasts and cavalry units as well. Outflank by its very nature makes far more sense for faster units in any case. Ideally, Harald should be able to include a unit of TWC or wolves with him when he outflanks. Why would be go solo!?

especially for units that can reroll failed charges

PeteySödes

PeteySödes

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,378 posts

Do we think we will see Wulfen and TWC get a wounds bump in our supplement? What is everyone thinking about our Wolf Scouts gaining a wound?

I would love it and it certainly all makes sense from a Fluff perspective but I’m not expecting it. I already got flustered with that Twolf attack profile error and I won’t be hurt again.

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,899 posts
Expect wulfen to stay at 2w
banana

Dark Shepherd

Dark Shepherd

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,049 posts

If being 12,000 standard years old doesnt make you a veteran then I dont know what does 😂

Jarl Caldersson

Jarl Caldersson

++ OCCISOR CANUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,946 posts
  • Faction: Allfathers Einherjar, DG

If being 12,000 standard years old doesnt make you a veteran then I dont know what does

not all wulfen are 12000 years, in fact most probably think its been a few years since prospero or have recently turned at Cadia/Warzone Fenris.

Posted ImagePosted Image
If you want your army paint scheme made in Impcat just send me a message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users