Codex Speculation for 9th Redux

PeteySödes

Do we think we will see Wulfen and TWC get a wounds bump in our supplement? What is everyone thinking about our Wolf Scouts gaining a wound?

I would love it and it certainly all makes sense from a Fluff perspective but I’m not expecting it. I already got flustered with that Twolf attack profile error and I won’t be hurt again.

I didn't mean to hurt you :( 

For me I'd like all frost weapons to be Mastercrafted / relic to match similar pointed weapons for vanilla marines.

Twolves having free outflank and RR charges.

Correct keywords (longfangs, wolfguard, blood wolf etc) on primaris equivs for stratagem shenanigans

Expect wulfen to stay at 2w

If being 12,000 standard years old doesnt make you a veteran then I dont know what does

not all wulfen are 12000 years, in fact most probably think its been a few years since prospero or have recently turned at Cadia/Warzone Fenris.

Whoosh

Also I said 'standard'

But mainly whoosh :)

Isn't 12,000 years like 1,799 or so years too long anyway? How long exactly is Unification now stated to have taken on Terra? Even then, they wouldn't have developed Wulfen while still on Terra, would they (they being the Legion forerunners to the Space Wolves)?

I recently discovered Thunder Warrior lore.

It struck a Space Wolf chord with me and reminded me of the Ragnar novel where it described the Wulfen transformation almost as a safety mechanism from being exposed to chaos.

Made me wonder if the template for our Wolves could be tied back to the Thunder Warriors eventually

Thunder Warriors were extremely resistant to psykers and rumored to be immune to chaos.

When psyker stuff was used on a Thunder Warrior it sent him into a berserk rage and the psyker felt immense pain for the effort.

What if our genetic instability ties back to our origins as Thunder Warrior 2.0?

What if the Wulfen response is the current version of the Thunder Warrior berserk mode?

*removes tin foil hat*

Ok who is next?

As a CSM player I am now very jelly with the old marine buffs, your grey hunters are really good now for a troops unit. Wish my CSM's had both bolters and chainswords base. :sad.:

Next time stay loyal to Russ and the Allfather i suppose. Hindsight 20/20...

Hi, i think that the first thing they have to change is the way that we manage the doctrines. Other astartes takes that advantage at turn 1 or 2 cause they are not focused to CC, we have to wait 2 turns alive for a fully use. So they should change it to start in the Tactical Doctrine, and take the Assault Doctrine at turn 2 if needed, not in turn 3. Same for the Blood Angels and the other CC marine chapters. We are not Codex Astartes lovers at all.

Num

Edited by numayos

I feel the doctrines themselves are fairly boring, and are anti-theme for Space Wolves. I'd rather SW get something a bit more like GK's Tides, like the wulfen aura, but army-wide. Something more themed to the hunt.

I feel the doctrines themselves are fairly boring, and are anti-theme for Space Wolves. I'd rather SW get something a bit more like GK's Tides, like the wulfen aura, but army-wide. Something more themed to the hunt.

I was really hoping that Wolves and Templars would not get Doctrines, but instead get something like the GK Tides. Can basically choose one of a few things to apply, with maybe a once-per-game stratagem to change it to a different one. Would've been much more thematic for Wolves/Templars, considering neither are Codex Compliant.

Alas :confused:

That said, Wolves still benefit from all of the Doctrines: very few armies should be going 100% melee focused and Wolves, as an Astartes force, have a plethora of solid guns, even if you want predominantly melee-based units. Intercessors and Grey Hunters, for example, are a great core unit and they very much benefit from Tactical Doctrine; Long Fangs are noteworthy unit that benefits from the Devastator Doctrine, especially if they're used as a Drop Pod "missile" unit.

Ild like to have successor rules for the Wolves. It's great for Primaris, but I want it so I can customize my Great Company. I started with 13th Company back in the day, still got the metal Wulfen! I'ld like to try Stealthy (obviously), and either Whirlwind of Rage, or the +1 to Advance and Charge one. Or hell, we could get our 6" heroic intervention back!

Expect wulfen to stay at 2w

Tons of weapons will be changed into D2. Staying at 2w will make wulfen more vulnerable than ever. W3 plus fnp is great buffer of survival. We needn't worry pts. Pts changes frequently but stat not. If we miss this chance to get solid buffer, we need wait for a long time to get another one. It has already happened to us in 8th edition. I don't hope to wait another entire edition to get some respect.

Edited by bluescope

Id mainly like to see more options on the primaris units to reflect the older SW setup/them fighting side by side with 1st gen wolves:

What would be cool is if GW did something like this and released SW upgrade kits for the base primaris units (same for BA/DA etc), rather than seeing a load of new primaris TWC/Wulfen etc - which im not sure we will do.

- Wolfguard as bladeguard equivalent but with SW loadout options.

- Being able to take the wolf guard pack leader equivalent in intercessor/reiver/hellblaster/assault squads.

- You could optionally do something where intercessors pay for 'markof the hunter' (free chainswords all round), or reivers pay for 'the blooded claw (+1 attack and WS, - 1 BS).

- Option to run eliminators/interceptors/incursors  as 'scout veterans' (ie gradual replacement for old wolf scouts)

- I love arjac but primaris terminators need to be a thing before he crosses over...

- 3 Wound wulfen

- Shields on ranged dreadnoughts

- SW options (shield/axe etc) for redemptor dreadnought/invictor warsuit.

- Logan Grimnar - in an odd place now ragnar is already primaris? Primaris upgrade to hopefully see the back of the sled?

One of the most likely speculations would be that with the Space Wolves being somewhat folded into the codex, could we see the use of things like Grav, and Centurion's?

until the supplement is out for wolves, do not assume we will gain access.

as much as I'd love  a dreadnought baby carrier, I highly doubt we will get one