New Crusade launches

templargdt

I finished up this squad of my converted Incusors.  It's been a slog, but stripping and converting the Reivers I put together for Knightfall years ago and having this result is really satisfying.  I used chainswords from the Mark IV armor box, Mark VII helms, and bolt rifle scopes for the sensor.  The final result is just very pleasing.  

I continue to be so grateful for Black Templar contrast.  It's not perfect, but I've gotten better with it.  Also, the transfers.  I only tore 1 getting 10 on this squad.  I finally got the hang of it.  

I'll probably go back at some point and put some purity seals on the models for some additional bling and also colors, but I've highlighted them and I'm good.  I have another five to finish, and all the models I need to finish up from Indomitus, plus two Impulsors I bought.  

Then the Templar box drops, God willing.  

incursors 1

Incursors 2

incursors 3

Yeah, a few.

Three big hitters are Scumbag Kustoms on Facebook, he's based in Japan. He does nice looking sheets of crosses and text. I don't know much about the quality of the transfers though, I have a sheet on order, and he's making me some custom ones for my sister's.

The other big name is The Mighty Brush. They probably do the best designs on th sheets, with cool things like chains, crosses with skulls, the apothecary symbol and checker patterns, oh, and the crusade badges for greaves.

However, I find them incredibly frustrating to apply. They curl and fold up all the time and the application process takes way longer than any other transfers I have ever used.

My preference, just for crosses, is Veni Vidi Vici Wargames. They do really nice sheets of just Maltese crosses in red, black and white. They apply really well, and lay smooth on shoulder pads. He's a sole trader in the UK, his site is closed until 23rd as he's moving, but you can buy them from Essex Miniatures I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, a few.

Three big hitters are Scumbag Kustoms on Facebook, he's based in Japan. He does nice looking sheets of crosses and text. I don't know much about the quality of the transfers though, I have a sheet on order, and he's making me some custom ones for my sister's.

The other big name is The Mighty Brush. They probably do the best designs on th sheets, with cool things like chains, crosses with skulls, the apothecary symbol and checker patterns, oh, and the crusade badges for greaves.

However, I find them incredibly frustrating to apply. They curl and fold up all the time and the application process takes way longer than any other transfers I have ever used.

My preference, just for crosses, is Veni Vidi Vici Wargames. They do really nice sheets of just Maltese crosses in red, black and white. They apply really well, and lay smooth on shoulder pads. He's a sole trader in the UK, his site is closed until 23rd as he's moving, but you can buy them from Essex Miniatures I think.

Those are some great sites, thank you for that!

Had some time this weekend to do some work, and I finished up four of the Assault Intercessors.  I'm really pleased with how they turned out.

ints

ints 2

ints 3

Edit: My pictures continue to be trash but I assure the models look great in person.
Edited by templargdt

• 4 months later...

We all set our own criteria for victory.

Your Templars are looking great!

Thanks Jud!  I wish I had more time for Knightfall but work, family, being sick, etc. All took its toll.  My Blood Ravens look better, but I had a lot more time to paint back then.  I'm not embarrassed by them so I guess it's enough.  

10?!

Were they the OG GW ones?

Yes, the 1999 transfer sheet. I kept all them from all the kits I've bought since 2008.
I hear you.

Had the same experience.

My best workaround is:

1. Carefully cut between the legs of the crosses, not all the way through! The transfer will follow the shape of the shoulderpad better.

2. Do not let the transfer drift from the backing paper. If the transfer is loose pick up the paper and slide the transfer from the backing paper onto the desired location wit copious amounts of water.

3. Dab carefully dry and immediately seal with varnish.

Edited by Brother Carpenter

10?!

Were they the OG GW ones?

Yes, the 1999 transfer sheet. I kept all them from all the kits I've bought since 2008.
I hear you.

Had the same experience.

My best workaround is:

1. Carefully cut between the legs of the crosses, not all the way through! The transfer will follow the shape of the shoulderpad better.

2. Do not let the transfer drift from the backing paper. If the transfer is loose pick up the paper and slide the transfer from the backing paper onto the desired location wit copious amounts of water.

3. Dab carefully dry and immediately seal with varnish.

Thank you for the advice!  

Yes mine are brittle too.

I just bougt on e bay a sheet from forgotten chapters.eu

They look nice.

I have yet to apply them though, so no review yet on the actual handling.

Shipping was ultra fast (he lives around the corner at my work :biggrin.: )

Yes mine are brittle too.

I just bougt on e bay a sheet from forgotten chapters.eu

They look nice.

I have yet to apply them though, so no review yet on the actual handling.

Shipping was ultra fast (he lives around the corner at my work :biggrin.: )

well, that does certainly help!