Dawn of Fire - Avenging Son

Kelborn

I really enjoyed Elstob and his takes on Guilliman and co. I do like John Banks, but this is just annoying.

It's also pretty baffling that THIS is what they choose to do with John Banks. You know, instead of recording recent releases or backlog classics.

Edited by DarkChaplain

• 2 weeks later...

Email from Audible-

“ Dear Audible Listener,

We are reaching back to you in regards with the update perform to the Audible book "Avenging Son". The publisher decided to change the narrator based on the customers feedback.

We recommend you to delete the file downloaded on your personal device and re-download the title from your library-cloud.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. Hope you can enjoy it.

The Audible Team.”

Don’t like that they did this at all, but interesting to have it confirmed.

More concerning is the fact that I can’t recall buying it, but that’s more about my lackadaisical approach to shopping...

The last third or quarter of this book is almost entirely non-stop action, which unfortunately is not really my bag

The rest is quite decent, though the Agathey and VanLeskus threads were a bit boring to me.

It is less than a quarter, but yes, the end of the book is non stop action. I would guess it is to make up for the fact absolutely nothing happens during the rest of the book due to scene setting etc. 

• 2 months later...