Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GW Preview Saturday, 22 August

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
158 replies to this topic

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,655 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
Temper your 40k expectations. They e given 40k a lot of attention, now it's time for other games to get the spotlight.
  • Black Blow Fly, Triszin, Petitioner's City and 2 others like this

Noserenda

Noserenda

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,392 posts
  • Faction: Scythes of the Emperor

Tbh my main hope is they are continuing to fold Titanicus under the Heresy banner for some absurd reason so we still get some news

• depthcharge12, Dulahan and Brother Adelard like this

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,744 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW

I think they usually do it separated. They still haven't showed off the actual book for Crusade, so my guess would be that, along with maybe a teaser on the next book for HH.

sml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Archaeinox

Archaeinox

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,166 posts

If the Primaris releases keep up, our xenos and chaos players are just going to go to other games or play at home. Then it'll be 30k with marines vs marines at the shop. But I guess so far its Tau, Necrons, Marines dominating play

*Prays for Rubric/Sorcerer Dreadnought pipedream and some Eldar love for xenos players*

Seriously, I'd like to see more Eldar aspect warriors previewed, although I don't play that faction.. Give them help!

Edited by Archaeinox, 17 August 2020 - 10:42 PM.

• mithrilforge and Naryn like this

"You're a wizard, Ahri"

"Discgoat for Harambe"

SirJyo

SirJyo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 218 posts
  • Faction: Black templars,

Black Templar supplement announcement obviously.

Sete I think your comedy skills are becoming unparalleled.
  • Wraith776, Sete and Brother Adelard like this
Who?

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,391 posts
  • Faction: TODESKOMPANIE
I’m ok with Marines vs Marines .
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,946 posts
  • Faction: Khorne
This announcement/preview probably seals whatever my plans are for the edition.

Lots of great models, several great army designs, but what I really want has the weakest lines. :/

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,298 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech
I know people can like what they want but ...Ugh marines Vs marines is sooo boring , I guess that’s why I go into a coma when people mention 30k ....
I remember years ago when the 40K ccg was going great guns then they introduced the heresy to it .... it became a dead fish floating in the water... you need the Xenos factions to make the flavour of the game. ... rant off.
I’m looking fwd to those little xeno lieutenant reveals...

Mithril
  • Firedrake Cordova, CaptainMarsh and Skerr like this

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png gallery_48988_6285_17537.pnggallery_6494_6331_8260.pnggallery_48988_15465_40221.png  gallery_48988_15465_18945.png

MajorNese-  In the grim darkness of the near future, there is only complaints. biggrin.png

DeadFingers

DeadFingers

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,460 posts

Temper your 40k expectations. They e given 40k a lot of attention, now it's time for other games to get the spotlight.

I'd say that unless we think that GW have very optimistic expectations when it comes to the foreseeable future of their production and the global situation, we should temper our expectations for everything. They still have a lot of catching up to do, and if they're not entirely convinced that whatever they're showing will hit shelves soon, I doubt they'll show it at all.

• Firedrake Cordova and Bryan Blaire like this

redmapa

redmapa

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,840 posts
  • Faction: Reclaimant Crusade

If Black Templars were about to get a supplement they would have said something about it along with the announcement for DW/DA/BA/SW supplements so Im going to bet for a more likely thing like new Guard infantry kit or showcasing the new speeder, I hope we get to at least know what the other codices are for this year since we'll be getting Necrons and Marines in October.

• Black Blow Fly and Sete like this
++NO PITY.NO REMORSE.NO FEAR++
++Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.++

++We are the champions - my friends
And we'll keep on fighting
Till the end
++

Lemondish

Lemondish

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,563 posts

If Black Templars were about to get a supplement they would have said something about it along with the announcement for DW/DA/BA/SW supplements so Im going to bet for a more likely thing like new Guard infantry kit or showcasing the new speeder, I hope we get to at least know what the other codices are for this year since we'll be getting Necrons and Marines in October.

I think the most likely things to see are new Marine and Necron kits, with a potential tease of whatever those other new kits were at the end of the last preview. I would love to see new codex or supplement release dates as well, but we shall see...

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,941 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Still waiting for Ash Wastes rules in Necromunda... Grrrrrrr

• Doghouse, Firedrake Cordova and Maschinenpriester like this

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

The_Bloody

The_Bloody

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 692 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters, Dark Angels

Not until next year at the very least, I'm afraid.
They will probably focus on the Gang books until mid 2021, at least according to the roadmap they released.
  • Firedrake Cordova likes this

m0nolith

m0nolith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,351 posts
  • Faction: IXth Legion: The Blood Angels

Not until next year at the very least, I'm afraid.
They will probably focus on the Gang books until mid 2021, at least according to the roadmap they released.

Yeah, given the fact that they put out an actual roadmap, this is one of the few subjects where we have a relatevley good idea where they're going to be going with it.

We that in mind tho, I do expect them to reveal a new Guilder crew with the House of Blades seeing as how they did just that with the release of the House of Chains.

gallery_48988_10980_21879.png    gallery_86352_12089_20671.jpg

Instagram gallery_86352_14298_238.jpgm0nolithpainting

sarabando

sarabando

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,664 posts
Just here for the state mandated "new 30k plastic kit/starter set" comedy option.
  • Arendious, Eternal Despair and WrathOfTheLion like this

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,933 posts

@SirJyo, oh I like to keep things fun.

Obviously I do not expect it, we will be stuck with Faith and Fury until 6 months before 10th edition lmao.

I would pay top dollar for new catachans tho.

Edited by Sete, 18 August 2020 - 09:05 AM.

Petitioner's City

Petitioner's City

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,777 posts

Just here for the state mandated "new 30k plastic kit/starter set" comedy option.

😱😱😱
Cinema itself is a trick of time — still pictures passed through a focused beam of light at 24 frames per second. We are reminded of that in La Jetée...

Captain Smashy Pants

Captain Smashy Pants

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,264 posts
While I don't think we'll see a BT supplement anytime in the forseeable future, I wouldn't rule them out getting one at some point. After all, before GSC came out in DE Overkill, who would've thought we'd see them again. People used to joke, and sometimes ragebabout not having plastic Sororitas. Back in 2010 if you'd have told me we'd get Necromunda, Bloodbowl et al, especially to levels they are supported, with all the plastic kits, I'd have told you to have yourself commited. Space Marines have had subfractions ib one form or another since fourth edition codex, and people used to lement not having proper CSM legion rules, missing what they had in 3.5, now not only do both loyalist and chaos marines have subfaction rules, but everyone, including but not limited to Orks, Eldar of both the Dark and Craftworld varieties, Tau and Nids do too. At this point, I'd rule out nothing. I'm not ruling out updated OG marines at SOME point, wouldn't even rule out the unsquatting of Squats

Edited by Captain Smashy Pants, 18 August 2020 - 09:34 AM.

• Robbienw likes this
gallery_62972_14467_3390.jpggallery_62972_14467_13489.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

I do find it hilarious that some people were saying the size of newer marine stuff looks great next to regular humans like Cadians, and then GW upsized the humans so they are the same height as marines again :lol: :lol: :lol:

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,744 posts

One day, this may happen :)
  • Firedrake Cordova, m0nolith, Hungry Nostraman Lizard and 1 other like this

Klod

Klod

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 295 posts

I hope whatever is revealed starts with Storm and ends with Speeder.

• ShibeKing likes this

Triszin

Triszin

++ INTERFECTOR ROBUSTUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,022 posts

I hope whatever is revealed starts with Storm and ends with Speeder.

Ahh yess, storm Boyz speeder
  • Magos Takatus, mithrilforge, Noserenda and 3 others like this
banana

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,655 posts

Lots of great models, several great army designs, but what I really want has the weakest lines. :/

You're going to base your entire hobby for the next several years on the reveals of one Warhammer preview? Wow. You're going to be disappointed.
  • Arbedark, Typhoid_Tony, Borgias and 1 other like this

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,744 posts

This preview is not going to have much 40k, why would you base your decision making on it? That doesn't make sense.

This one will probably even have more Horus Heresy than 40k. It most certainly will have more Age of Sigmar. They'll do like one reveal for 40k, maybe those other characters they teased last time.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion, 18 August 2020 - 01:18 PM.

• Firedrake Cordova, Son of Carnelian and Borgias like this

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,946 posts
  • Faction: Khorne

You're going to base your entire hobby for the next several years on the reveals of one Warhammer preview? Wow. You're going to be disappointed.

Yes, and no.

Something new? Maybe that tilts the scales.

Nothing new? I go ahead with a different plan.

No disappointment. :P

DISOBEY

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,744 posts
Expect something small, they upfront say in the weekly video it will have little for Warhammer 40k.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users