=][= Liberalia Martiale 2020: The Final Challenge =][=

This thread is to function as a repository for those completing the Final Challenge of the Iron Gauntlet, as well as a place for challengers to post snippets of their stories for feedback and constructive critisicm.

This challenge is open to all who have participated in any of the previous challenges, as well as those who wish to join this challenge with a story about a DIY organization.

The Final Challenge

* Bronze: Write a story about your organisation that is between 1000 and 1999 words in length;

* Silver: Write a story that is between 2000 and 2999 words in length;

* Gold: Write a story that is 3000+ words in length.

First Round of Participants (8-17-2020 to 10-17-2020):

• TechCaptain
  • Harlan Skorus
  • Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Second Round of Participants (10-17-2020 to 12-17-2020):

• f

Third Round of Participants (12-17-2020 to 2-17-2021)

• h
Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

I think I am going to start my next challenge as this challenge. 

Premise: A Bloodmoon Hunter Team is sent out on a mission into the Fringes getting stranded on a planet during a full Tyranid invasion. The last surviving member of the team escapes the world through a Dark Eldar Portal to end up having to try and survive in their Dark city while figuring out a way to get back to his Chapter. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be in on this in a couple of weeks once I've finished moving house. Have a few ideas around the life and times of Lieutenant-General Lorrigan Skane, probably either to do with the Orcan expeditions (Skale makes his name, leading a rearguard of IG/Inquisition forces against some Shivan-esque Xenos known as the Ra'tonda), or the Vors Insurrection (an Imperial world goes rogue and the subsequent reclamation effort whic Skale leads the vanguard of turns into a hellish years-long cityfight, my halfway-planned lockdown project).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably going to go ahead and do this challenge next, as there's still no word around here as to when I could get a game in and I haven't yet acquired materiels for a third character. I will probably be focusing on a campaign that the 23rd take on with the Dawn Blades, against the same T'au sept I wrote about in my previous Iron Gauntlet entry.

Except this time with less cloak and dagger and more hammer and anvil. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/367099-d-p-ls-ig-2020-final-challenge/

Done with mine on the day of! Not quite so long as my last go at an Iron Gauntlet challenge, but last time I didn't have midterms to worry about :sweat:

Anyway, I'll be closing stage three of the challenge later today. Stage four will commence tomorrow!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So here is what I managed to cobble together for the final challenge. My original intentd ha been to use the battle report from the earlier challenge to set the story in/after but as that battle never got fought (despite arranging it multiple time, COVID go away now please) this is more of a precursor to said battle and the scenario planned.

I am aware that the word count is too low to actually complete the challenge, but with a week to go this is what I have and padding it for the sake of a word limit would not do. If I can think of some further bit that is can add to improve it I will.

Edit: 16 Feb, Added a another bit to the story post, rote it in a bit of the rush as i only had the idea yesterday, but it should be just enough for the deadline tomorrow. (it is tomorrow i if not then i guess i missed it)

Edited by Trokair