Coming back to Da Boyz after a long time..

Yorkshire Dave

Afternoon folks... Post does what it says on the tin really. I haven't played orks since 6th (I think it was 6th... Assault on black reach era). I was going to play White Scars in 9th, but then there was the initial Indomitus farce and it put me right off.. So after sulking for a bit, I decided I just wanna be here for a good time

Hello, and welcome to the greenest subforum on the Bolter and Chainsword! You're a right, proppa lad, and you've made the best decision in the world join the greenskins once more!

Right now, just about everything is an option! There's very little in the codex that's miserable, and with a new codex coming (at some point), that could be fixed. But the safest things, the things I would suggest putting the time into, would be boys and bosses, namely the Warboss, Big Mek w/ KFF, weirdboy, painboy, ect. Those will be a solid core for any collection.

But you can go wild. Speedwaaagh!s based on the new buggies seems to be working great. The classic Dreadwaaaagh! isn't so hot right now, as killa kans are a bad datasheet, and *orkanauts are super expensive, but I love my pair of big ol' walkers, so I can't really tell someone not to paint them up. And I think there's a lot of play in more elite styles of lists that focus on Meganobz and even regular Nobz.

The galaxy is your oyster. Conquer it!

Welcome back to the green tide!

The most important bit is to have fun- and it sounds like you're off to a good start. Big meks and warbosses are always solid investments for hq choices for sure.

Converting grot tanks? Have you looked at the "toon tanks" model kits? A lot of them are perfect for conversion fodder (and certainly cheaper than forgeworld ones if youre planning to run a lot of them). Although ive heard that some of them are significantly larger than others- so you might want to check dimensions online.

Thanks for the warm welcome back :) I'm just trying to remember how to attatch pictures to forum posts.... it's been a while haha. I snapped a WiP of the Grot Tanks earlier just for the post... I'm pretty pleased with the first. Undecided on the second at present.

dOamS2.md.jpg

upload your pics

And here's a sneak peak of my planned Blood Axe colour scheme.

dOlQ24.md.jpg

Edited by Yorkshire Dave

Grot tank = :wub:  soo cute, although I did check out those Toon Tanks The Chaplain recommended ...they are cool as well and much cheaper than FW :censored:

And I love the Blood Axe scheme !! 

look forward to seeing more of your work.... ah I love Ork players, so imaginative :yes: ..:thumbsup:

Cheers, Mithril