DG Rhino

The model still holds up imo and still looks like the PM can fit in them. I didn't bother converting mine, I figured that Rhinos just get mass produced and probably wrecked pretty quickly so don't really have the chance to get mutated etc

49545327172_7873e48b32_b.jpgIMG_20200216_223944

Not Death Guard but a Chaos Rhino is a Chaos Rhino. 

Regarding the scale issue, I find a base with a layer or two of cork sheets beefs up the Rhino's profile enough to look pretty great next to Marine minis. It's an old WIP pic and doesn't have dudes next to it but it should give you an idea. 

SmVbpkw.jpg

It's a lasercut MDF 170x105mm base, I think it's the same size used for Knights. You can pick them up on eBay pretty cheap (I got ten for £7).

The trick is to glue the cork a bit larger that the footprint of the rhino itself onto it, with a rim of cork placed about 2-3mm under the treads. Reason for that is you can magnetize it onto the base in the event you're playing against an opponent who doesn't like bases on vehicles, or if you want to use different Rhino-sized vehicles on them too. Thickness of the cork you'll need depends on the thickness of your magnets tho (I use 1.5mm/2mm magnets, so 3-4mm cork). 

I think this picture shows what I mean. I'm in the middle of a move right now otherwise I'd take a better one for you with some guys for scale, but on the table it certainly gives the illusion that ten guys could feasibly fit in there. 

6vXd0ya.png